Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/Sherndon226/status/1240780430896500736?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Gonna make a home media server with my downtime. Everything will stream.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Hey guys, this is the kind of poo poo I usually ignore, but I've gotten three people, three legit smart and rational people, asking me about this.

https://www.wthr.com/article/verify-text-messages-about-national-quarantine-and-stafford-act-are-fake

No, we're not going to have martial law by Sunday. If anyone you know brings this up, PLEASE shut them down. This is the kind of panicky poo poo we don't need right now.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The virus made it to my town. I read a story about a 34 year old man who died who had asthma as a kid. I'm 34. I had asthma as a kid. I'm taking this seriously but so many of my family and neighbors are not. Feeling down. I don't want to die like this and I don't want to die now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-19/glendora-man-dies-coronavirus-disney-world%3f_amp=true

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Apparently over 1,000 confirmed cases of Coronavirus in NYC and the Hill is saying that 56% of Californians will be infected over 8 week period.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Shard posted:

The virus made it to my town. I read a story about a 34 year old man who died who had asthma as a kid. I'm 34. I had asthma as a kid. I'm taking this seriously but so many of my family and neighbors are not. Feeling down. I don't want to die like this and I don't want to die now.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.latimes.com/california/story/2020-03-19/glendora-man-dies-coronavirus-disney-world%3f_amp=true

I’m 31 and have chronic Asthma, I had Corona in January according to my doctor, she didn’t know what it was at the time. It was awful but I made it with inhaler and lots of Vicks, you’ll probably be ok. Cardio in the mean time will help.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

My immune system attacks its own host and I'm going to die from it in a while. I'd say about 30 years, if I don't die from the virus or something else

I like all the sewage and poo poo coming out of the toelet in the Best Picture film Parasite.

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 20, 2020

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I'm playing animal Crossing loving bye y'all

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

goodbye Soda Pop. I'll get that game later on if they give me 1,200 dollars for free. I don't want it enough otherwise

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Buying Animal Crossing tomorrow morning

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Doom Eternal is loving good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

[the thread magically becomes that commercial for air conditioning that ran from 1991 to 2016]

*wipes sweat from forehead* You'll buy it now.

You: I'll buy it now.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Cavauro posted:

[the thread magically becomes that commercial for air conditioning that ran from 1991 to 2016]

*wipes sweat from forehead* You'll buy it now.

You: I'll buy it now.

NOTHER SCORCHER

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Dangerous Person posted:

Doom Eternal is loving good

It whips major rear end on all levels. Secrets seem harder to find this time.

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

I only got to play the first level last night but Doom Eternal is loving great and it's going to hand me my rear end. Arachnotrons already piss me off

I'm not a huge fan of the spinny glowing weapons and the giant yellow question marks. I hope they introduce and option that tones that poo poo down in the future.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/benyahr/status/1240476816294502400?s=19

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

panic hoarding is the wildest thing. at least you’ll eventually get through the tp. on the other hand there’s gonna be a whole lot of wasted food over the next few months while food banks are finding it harder and harder to keep stocked. which makes me real mad.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Fun thread

https://twitter.com/monicaheisey/status/1240673735130177536?s=19

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
crossing the animals. it's good. if you want to add me so you can see my bad island you can and I can come visit your good, very well-designed island. my friend code is 7025-04-75-5425

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I’m waiting for the death match update before I get animal crossing.

I picked up the Xenoblade 2 side story game and it’s nothing like xenoblade. Where are the cheeky British accents. And the really cool placement based combat. And the mekons. I should probably get the sequel game.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the little fuzzy creep things are extremely horny in xenoblade 2 and create a slave robot with the same name as the slave robot pop star Poppy if you are interested

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Welp, temporary layoff. Guess I'll kill demons while I wait for PA's unemployment site to cooperate

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
My big takeaway from this week is that getting paid to sit at home is a lot more fun in theory than in practice

Benne fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Mar 20, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Benne posted:

My big takeaway from this week is that getting paid to sit at home sounds a lot more fun in theory than in practice

It really is. There’s only so many times you can video conference in your underwear(but wear a biz casual shirt) before the novelty wears off.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Benne posted:

My big takeaway from this week is that getting paid to sit at home is a lot more fun in theory than in practice

Yeah, we worked from home 1 day a week before all of this happened, and yeah, it gets boring.

Even with Doom Eternal, which I sadly have to report I am kinda disappointed in. The balance is way off from Doom 2016, and they're trying to make it have a plot and I'm just like "don't care, wanna go kill a bunch of things... wait, I only have how much ammo? I don't care if the chainsaw does turn enemies into an ammo pinata, that poo poo just ain't fun!"

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

Kvantum posted:

Yeah, we worked from home 1 day a week before all of this happened, and yeah, it gets boring.

Even with Doom Eternal, which I sadly have to report I am kinda disappointed in. The balance is way off from Doom 2016, and they're trying to make it have a plot and I'm just like "don't care, wanna go kill a bunch of things... wait, I only have how much ammo? I don't care if the chainsaw does turn enemies into an ammo pinata, that poo poo just ain't fun!"

There's definitely a stringent gameplay loop the devs are trying to force you into. The fact that it's significantly harder than 2016 adds to the frustration. I cleared 2016 on UV fairly easily last month and I just watched 5 extra lives evaporate in the second level because I didn't ping a revenant and arachnotrons weakspots quick enough. They both lit me up and then a Hell Knight spawned and punched the piss out of me until my arms fell off.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

I have absolutely no loving clue what is going on in the plot of Doom Eternal. Earth has been overrun by the demons, okay, that much is obvious and that's all you really need. However, I've spent the first bunch of levels hunting down some weird old "hell priests" and following ghost dogs through some ruins and infiltrating cultist lairs so I can take control of a revenant to get the super shotgun and find some bullshit items and what is even happening? :wtc:

I don't mind stories that start in medias res, but I've been at this for eight hours (a couple of which have been spent dying like a chump, because game's hard) and I still have no idea who any of these characters are, why I need these plot items, and why I should care. Just let me kill some demons! (To be fair, the game does let you kill plenty of demons)

DMorbid fucked around with this message at 21:21 on Mar 20, 2020

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Benne posted:

Hell yeah literally all im doing is listening to old f4w podcasts and playing tew 16 and wondering when the self employed will be looked after.

Also ive lost track of time and never know what day it is.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
I have no idea what's going on beyond the small blurbs before you start a level but it leads to me shooting a bunch of stuff which I like. I'm glad it's not just me and that the game does feel harder than 2016. The only thing I'm not in love with so far is the emphasis on platforming but even that hasn't been too bad

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hello! I see you.

Yeah, I didn't particularly care about the story in Doom 2016 (where it was mostly just "Demons have invaded, now go kill them all" which is all you need) and I care about it even less this time. Maybe you're not even supposed to care since it's just an excuse to send you to all these cool places where you can rip and tear huge guts, but they sure did put plenty of (thankfully skippable) cutscenes in the game so I would assume someone wanted you to give a poo poo about the plot.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

There were games journalists praising the way the story was told in DOOM 2016. The intent was to emphasize how efficiently it told its story and how little it got in the way of the game play. iD may have interpreted it as a sign to put in more.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Doom Eternal has some of the prettiest and most creative environments in an FPS since Titanfall 2, it's good poo poo but yea the game is hard as gently caress, and until you power up you're pretty much a weakling with no ammo.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
Bits and flesh come off the bad guys so naturally, and they animate so well, it took me a minute to notice I was actually like flaying them with my firearms.

Doom, good game, would shoot bad demons again

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I’ve played D&D twice already this week and I’m probably gonna play a couple more times before the week is over. This is good, to me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing Yakuza 0 now that it's on XBOne and it's SO GOOD.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

me : i will get the base borderlands 3 because it's not like i will have time

me, 3 days into quarantine : should've gone for the season pass edition...

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hell yes, it's a loving amazing game :hellyeah:

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It is the best.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Benne posted:

Very much this. Blurring the barrier between where you work and where you get away from work is a bad thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Benne posted:

Yeah - I feel like my bosses are checking up on me a lot more than they do when I'm in the office. I went downstairs to refill my coffee and missed a phone call, when I came back up there were two e-mails and two IM's asking if I was logged on and working. In about 3 minutes.