Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

yeah ive been keeping it low-key. ive been working from home for awhile now, and everything i do is remote. took a day to get my ide and env setup at home.

today i did absolutely nothing except play factorio and agree with my co-workers on slack.

boss/owner went and ordered a bunch of laptops for all our interns so they can work from home, so i've been helping them remotely get set up with the vpn. we're a small company so i do most of the poo poo, even though i know very little outside of development stuff.

so far this just feels like a flu. i felt a bit tired yesterday with a sore throat, but was still able to lift in my basement. today i felt a bit worse but no fever.

working from home rules and i hope i never have to go back.
its entirely possible that it is plain ol' ordinary flu (did you get your shot?)

do you have any corvid symptoms? fever, persistent cough? diarrhea? shortness of breath? or are they more ordinary flu-like (chills, aches & pains, headache)?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
my breath has been a bit shorter today, and a cough seems to only hit in the morning. no aches or pains, no chills. my body temp doesnt seem to be out of the ordinary, i feel warm, but the thermometer just says 99.1 which isnt outrageous.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

President Beep posted:

this first week working from home has been one of my busiest ever. i think im doing it wrong?
Yeah these past two weeks have been super productive despite WFH for me

But part of that is I'm working longer hours.

I'm doing some work-created-by virus things (capacity planning) and it feels like I'm doing my part in this massive mobilization

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

wonder who amongst us will be the first to get the chop and also how many of us. not gonna lie i feel like i’m gonna be one of the first since my job depends on both travel and companies willing to make long term strategic investments

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

ShadowHawk posted:

Yeah these past two weeks have been super productive despite WFH for me

But part of that is I'm working longer hours.

I'm doing some work-created-by virus things (capacity planning) and it feels like I'm doing my part in this massive mobilization

WINE is not employment, dude

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

President Beep posted:

this first week working from home has been one of my busiest ever. i think im doing it wrong?

Nah you'll burn through work without distractions

then it slows down

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

my breath has been a bit shorter today, and a cough seems to only hit in the morning. no aches or pains, no chills. my body temp doesnt seem to be out of the ordinary, i feel warm, but the thermometer just says 99.1 which isnt outrageous.
its also allergy season, which could also account for some of those symptoms. or maybe you're one of the majority of 'rona sufferers who has a mild case

sounds like youre doing the right thing (stay home, social distance, presumably lots of fluids and bedrest and tylenol)

good luck

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

first wfh day complete

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wonder who amongst us will be the first to get the chop and also how many of us.

i reviewed layoff provisions and bumping rights today op

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i have more work, and more immediate work because of this, so i will be fine. i hope the rest of y'all make it through though

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I have this weird bitterness because all these computer touchers are all 'haha wfh! i jerked off 9 times today and watched s1 of game of thrones' and im like, i actually put in two hours of work today, like ive done every wfh day the past four years

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

PIZZA.BAT posted:

wonder who amongst us will be the first to get the chop and also how many of us. not gonna lie i feel like i’m gonna be one of the first since my job depends on both travel and companies willing to make long term strategic investments

i have decent job security for the next quarter at least

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

Jonny 290 posted:

I have this weird bitterness because all these computer touchers are all 'haha wfh! i jerked off 9 times today and watched s1 of game of thrones' and im like, i actually put in two hours of work today, like ive done every wfh day the past four years

same but also every work from office day

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

:thurman:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jonny 290 posted:

i can honestly say i put as much work in at home as i do in the office

i might 'bate more at home tho

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

honestly, im just h, not wf

works closed, cant do my poo poo from home so i'm just sittin around

been designin and 3d printing stuff ive been meaning to do for a while now

i got a root canal a while ago and i was supposed to go to the dentist today for the next steps but thats obvs cancelled so now i got the temporary filling thing in there for who knows how long, lol if it falls out

also my mom and sister are both nurses so i gotta worry about that

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

you guys don't seem that worried, cspam is pretty gloom and doom about what's going to happen

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
a coworker popped up on video conferencing with a Blue USB mic on an arm so now im trying to figure out if he's a podcaster or streamer

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

work switched policy to "don't come in unless you have an extremely good reason" so this is officially me now. hello.

Glorgnole
Oct 23, 2012

TOOT BOOT posted:

you guys don't seem that worried, cspam is pretty gloom and doom about what's going to happen

i think cspam not being worried is a much better indicator of when you should definitely be worried

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

who the gently caress knows whats gonna happen anymore

im not gonna doom and gloom it up yet

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
please no one gloom and doom in here I have had plenty of that in my life.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i watched an infectious disease researcher talk about the coronavirus on the joe rogan show. i had never seen a joe rogan show before. it was very enlightening.

joe rogan is a stupid man, yes? not like mean or malicious or anything. just... extremely credulous and very dumb

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
wfh is fun and I set up a bunch of hardware before I left so I have plenty to do but now I need someone to plug in a cable for me and no one is allowed to go in lol. oh well, maybe some day I can plug the cable in.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

well im sure glad we let finance get it’s filthy hands on the entire economy

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Glorgnole posted:

i think cspam not being worried is a much better indicator of when you should definitely be worried

yeah when cspam actually has a moment of clarity, start preparing to face the artificial sunrise

until then, mark the first few hours of your day in your calendar as "CUSTOMER CALLS DO NOT DISTURB" and set your alarm forward to match

Kazinsal fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 20, 2020

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

i mean it's probably somewhere between cspam doomers and "things'll be back to normal in a few weeks" but who knows. if there's an effective treatment even without a vaccine then that probably keeps it from becoming catastrophic because you won't flood ICU's with people needing ventilation to survive.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Sagebrush posted:

i watched an infectious disease researcher talk about the coronavirus on the joe rogan show. i had never seen a joe rogan show before. it was very enlightening.

joe rogan is a stupid man, yes? not like mean or malicious or anything. just... extremely credulous and very dumb

joe rogan is basically like, a curious version of a normal guy who interviews people by asking really obvious and basic questions. some of his interviews are worth watching for that reason

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

TOOT BOOT posted:

im pretty convinced that if i see march 2021 i'll be lucky

the world is about to burn

nobody is ready NOBODY

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

joe rogan is an MMA guy who got hit in the head a bunch, became a commentator, started smoking ridiculous amounts of weed, tried psychadelics, and started a podcast. he is not smart, but it's unfair to call him stupid because a lot of it is probably chronic TBIs

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i am remembering some important words from the Prophet

quote:

“If the Hour starts to happen and in the hand of one of you is a palm shoot or seedling; then if he’s able to plant it before the Hour happens, then let him plant it”. As-Silsilah as-Saheehah #9.

never give up.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

assuming the imminency of the stay at home order for oregon

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

florida is probably hosed, inshallah

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

uncurable mlady posted:

florida is probably hosed, inshallah

everything has a silver lining

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA

Kazinsal posted:

joe rogan is an MMA guy who got hit in the head a bunch, became a commentator, started smoking ridiculous amounts of weed, tried psychadelics, and started a podcast. he is not smart, but it's unfair to call him stupid because a lot of it is probably chronic TBIs

i don’t think he’s a stupid guy. he’s not particularly smart or stupid, the defining thing about him is that he asks very basic questions and will engage with basically anybody for hours

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

my friend tried to get me to listen to joe rogan once and the podcast started off with a very uncomfortable shill for fleshlights so I turned it off

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

fart simpson posted:

joe rogan is basically like, a curious version of a normal guy who interviews people by asking really obvious and basic questions. some of his interviews are worth watching for that reason

that's a good way of putting it. the questions he asks are like what a college freshman might ask, or a keen high schooler.

"is it true that the virus can be killed by being in a sauna? i heard that the 180 degree air kills the virus. what, not even if it's like, just the virus in your mouth? even then?"
"have you heard about this deer wasting disease that deer get? is it anything like that? my friend hunts and he says there's a really bad deer virus out there."
"oh man i saw this picture of two kids, one with smallpox and one who was vaccinated and it was like, wow, one is totally sick and the other one is totally fine"

Kazinsal posted:

fair enough

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

fart simpson posted:

i don’t think he’s a stupid guy. he’s not particularly smart or stupid, the defining thing about him is that he asks very basic questions and will engage with basically anybody for hours

yeah he's totally that guy who'll just listen to anyone tell stories even if they're not particularly exciting ones or anything. not a bad thing, just... not exactly what you would expect out of a popular interviewer

if there was some kind of "joe rogan experience abridged" where it was basically just cut down to the interviewees talking about poo poo I would probably be inclined to listen to some of it. for some reason though rogan himself just... is grating to me. like listening to an untrained, inexperienced streamer, except this dude's been in broadcasting for like 30 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

idk who joe rogan is