Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Is it just me, or does the Ink Witch seem like she’s fluctuating in age/appearance? Like, during the scenes where she reunited with Snout and had the naked dream she was obviously depicted as really youthful, but now, she looks like she’s significantly older in the last panel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Ideas make me go cross eyed every time.......you know what, this is Snout. Perhaps thinking does make him go cross eyed.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
This comic makes me go cross eyed.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It could be that she can change her own age/appearance/etc. But even if that was intentional the reader wouldn't know for sure because mookies art is so inconsistent.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

as a drawing herself, she can no this is too loving stupid, not even entertaining it

also she's now doing the exact same thing Dominic was at the start of his story. I'm sure Mookie thinks that's very clever

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Her age is about as consistently depicted as Snout's physical abnormalities.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

so I guess we've abandoned the conceit that everything that shade of black is ink, given the outfits of some of those mongrels

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Well that "problem" lasted less than two pages.

Also, again, her name is ink witch and she is an ink witch. What reason does she have to not tell Snout her name?

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Watch, now that he has the money he won't be able to get the book because... ? Probably Ork coming back to interfere with the quest because... ?

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
I know I just made this joke last update but actually, why is Ink Witch disappearing for huge gaps of time and then reappearing when convenient. They’re traveling together but Snout gets thrown out, makes an agenda and starts panhandling all without her input, then she reappears to offer a solution. Characters should...still exist, when off panel.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

super sweet best pal posted:

Watch, now that he has the money he won't be able to get the book because... ? Probably Ork coming back to interfere with the quest because... ?

Because the Ork is buying the book to donate it to the Wild Edge library.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Rotten Red Rod posted:

What reason does she have to not tell Snout her name?

Either: Mookie hasn't come up with a name yet.
Or: She doesn't know how her name is spelled and Snout is deaf

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
It's because she's an object and a plot contrivance, not a person. She's a sexy lamp for Mookie to draw shorter and shorter skirts on.

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

TheHan posted:

I know I just made this joke last update but actually, why is Ink Witch disappearing for huge gaps of time and then reappearing when convenient. They’re traveling together but Snout gets thrown out, makes an agenda and starts panhandling all without her input, then she reappears to offer a solution. Characters should...still exist, when off panel.

Mookie is so stupid he lacks a sense of object permanence. It explains a lot about his terrible comics.

This comic is a loving Zeno's arrow. Nothing happens for 2 weeks. Something happens for 1 day. We spend 2 days recapping what happened yesterday. Repeat. He really does write this like a newspaper strip with slightly more foreskin.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

Well that "problem" lasted less than two pages.

Also, again, her name is ink witch and she is an ink witch. What reason does she have to not tell Snout her name?
Mookie is a dumb poo poo so subscribes to payoff-based writing. He'll treat her name as some kind of dramatic reveal in 600 strips when he tells us she's Dominic Deegan's great granddaughter because he also thinks characters secretly being related to each other is an adequate substitute for plot.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
"Ink readings" have never been a thing before. There's no reason they'd be super popular now. Might as well have had her doing caricatures. It's the same drat poo poo.

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
Ink Witch makes free money to facilitate Snout getting everything he wants is why I say she's an object not a character.

She could just as easily be making a withdrawal of a million Mookiebucks from the 1st National Bank of Mongreltown or counterfeiting but doing either would make her evil (or "evil") and the good guys could never do anything morally questionable. Instead, Mookie gets to reinforce she's an ink witch by having her do charlatan witch things with ink and the divination ties everything back to Dominic when we find out she and the Orc are competing to become the champion of balance or something and she's the more worthy successor Snout gets the job.

PoptartsNinja fucked around with this message at 19:33 on Mar 18, 2020

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
What Mookie's been reading about :

And the Medusa will have "lower back problems."

Invisible Clergy
Sep 25, 2015

"Behold, I will corrupt your seed, and spread dung upon your faces"

Malachi 2:3

Who What Now posted:

"Ink readings" have never been a thing before. There's no reason they'd be super popular now. Might as well have had her doing caricatures. It's the same drat poo poo.

That's out of the question. That would require Mookie to consistently draw anyone in the first place. Without that, there can be no comical exaggerations.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
Look, this is really easy to understand. Dominic Deegan was a seer for money.

So obviously, that's the service Ink Witch would offer as well. No other way to make money with magic.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I can't wait for Snout to realise he's Tyler Durden.

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.
I forgot this comic existed for a month and saw five mongrel dicks while catching up on old pages. He's really cramming them in there...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Is there a reason they needed a line of people when they only need 2 customers to make bank? Are they planning on staying there or something?

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

Soiled Meat
It's to explain the inevitable hotel room scene.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Is there a reason they needed a line of people when they only need 2 customers to make bank? Are they planning on staying there or something?

I mean presumably money is a useful thing to have. This isn't exactly a noteworthy thing to criticise.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!

That ink drips in some pretty controlled and uncreative ways.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler
He really can't stop drawing Snout cross eyed.

And. Um... Yeah he rest is pointless really.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
What's the drip pattern for "Refund"?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

So the ink witches have literal magic ink they can move around at will, and make money by... Doing a tarot reading anyone with a deck of cards could do?

Mookie is so uncreative.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Those are all smears, the only drip is the one who drew this horseshit

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls

TheHan posted:

That ink drips in some pretty controlled and uncreative ways.

Is there a point to any of this, or is it irrelevant jerking off?

Don't answer; that was a rhetorical question.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Cool my namesake is 'order' which does tie with my star sign of 'libra'

Mookie's watching me :tinfoil:

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

ahahahahahaahahaha she's loving fingerpainting them

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

maltesh posted:

What's the drip pattern for "Refund"?
It looks exactly like dickbutt

Nighthand
Nov 4, 2009

what horror the gas

Ooh look order is the lovely cube snout keeps seeing so now this will tie into deegan prophecy somehow

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

So, to form that cube the ink "drips" into 12 distinct lines?

I mean, obviously it's magic...the answer is magic, but how are you so bad at representing magic that "a wizard did it" becomes not only trite, but also difficult to believe?

And I mean, it's not like you couldn't represent these ideas with actual droplets. Order could be droplets arranged in a grid or a circle, something oddly regular for what should be a spattering.

And what does "expression" mean in the context of fortune telling? Renewal, hope, challenges. That's standard tarot-card vague symbolism. But...your future has...expression? Whut? (Order isn't exactly a great symbol for the future either, but it's better than "expression"...and Chaos is notable for its absence but that actually might mean something).

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

I just want to know what the gently caress "ink reading" is

You'd think it's "letting ink drip randomly onto the page and interpreting the splatters" but this is clearly forming pictures. Is she just painting a picture for each person and then assigning fortune to the picture she consciously, personally made? Who the gently caress watches a lady just draw an X and tell you "your fortune is ending" without asking "how the gently caress do you know"

At least do something neat like have the ink drip off of the customer's hand and magically form the picture off that. Just, loving anything to differentiate it from sign making

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Good god Snout's face from this perspective does not look ok.

Nighthand posted:

Ooh look order is the lovely cube snout keeps seeing so now this will tie into deegan prophecy somehow

Yeah. I'm expecting it will be just the word showing up somewhere important too, rather than any actual thematic relevance.

Pyrotoad
Oct 24, 2010

Illegal Hen
Hey, Renewal is just Expression seen from above! :argh:

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

It's funny because it feels like Mookie has switched from D&D magic rules and DBZ energy beams to a more pagan witchcraft, crystals and tarot sort of bent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

There's nothing inherently wrong with those two kinds of magic existing in the same world, that's pretty much the dynamic between wizards and witches in Discworld.