Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

So when can we stop handing the season opener to Carlton? Why can't we open up the season with a good game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
this has been a good game

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Quantum Shart posted:

this has been a good game

Username + post combo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Just turned it on halfway through the fourth, that Rioli mullet and tattoo is terrrrrrible

[Edit] whoever said this has no soul, see the case of the team song ringing out across a completely empty MCG after the game ends

harperdc fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Mar 19, 2020

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
Surely Carlton are getting sick of it too. Since they started opening every seeing with a Thursday Carlton vs Richmond match in 2015, Carlton have lost every single one of them by an average of 5 or so goals.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
I mean, Richmond were rubbish for a few years too. Sadly they got okay.

A reminder that Carlton got Jack Martin for free (draft wise) and then paid him a frontloaded contract which has now been reduced by 20%.

What a steal, thank you Stephen Silvagni.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

snoremac posted:

This is dumb and shouldn't be happening.

loving stupid that the AFL for once went with what the players wanted and the players wanted the wrong thing

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
Stupid virus.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Carlton just needed another 16 minutes of game time to overrun the Tigers.

thepokey
Jul 20, 2004

Let me start off with a basket of chips. Then move on to the pollo asado taco.
Tonight really only seemed strange to me in the first quarter and then I felt like I adjusted to it pretty quickly. In the heat of play when the camera is zoomed in on the ground and players it didn't really feel all that much different.

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.
Hey guys, remember that awesome thing you went to on the weekend you can talk to your friends and family about? Oh wait that was cancelled. But its okay theres.. oh no thats cancelled as well.

There is just about nothing loving going on for anyone to really look forward to for potentially months, stop loving bitching about the footy being a bit different and be loving grateful we have even this distraction from the virus poo poo.

Periphery
Jul 27, 2003

Nutsngum posted:

Hey guys, remember that awesome thing you went to on the weekend you can talk to your friends and family about? Oh wait that was cancelled. But its okay theres.. oh no thats cancelled as well.

There is just about nothing loving going on for anyone to really look forward to for potentially months, stop loving bitching about the footy being a bit different and be loving grateful we have even this distraction from the virus poo poo.

You wont be saying this when North is beating the Saints by 100 points on Sunday! (I agree with you)

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe

Nutsngum posted:

:yeah:

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Roof at docklands to remain open so as to ensure games are considered outdoor events and not indoor events. Otherwise they'd be cancelled for exceeding the 100 people gathering limit (and it sounds like the 100 limit will be reduced to 40-50 this weekend by the gov too).

Wet weather footy at docklands this season!

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

:qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:
lol the AFL site doesn't even make it look like the season has started

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nutsngum posted:

It’s what I said before: stop it now, delay the start of the season, and reassess in another few weeks. Take the hit now along with the rest of society to get things back to “normal” quicker.

The soccer, baseball, basketball, everything was suspended for two weeks in Japan. Life slowed to a crawl and there wasn’t sports to watch. But it appears things are getting back to normal, and the basketball at least has re-started, and it seems like baseball games are starting today too.

Play the long game. the alternative is one of the players or coaches testing positive and having to yank the handbrake on the full season immediately.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
The advice they’ve received from doctors is that they are no more likely to get the virus playing a round like this than sitting at home with their families anyway.

Most of Australia hasn’t stopped, I don’t know if you’ve noticed. I’m afraid you might have a terminal case of Too Online.

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
I don’t mean that as a jab, despite how it read. This is a serious problem and it’s going to be a hosed up year or so but this forum in particular is working itself into a frenzy that isn’t helping a lot of people’s mental health. Try to relax and enjoy the footy, which is one of the few pleasures we’ll get this year probably. If you can’t do that, log the gently caress off.

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

realbez posted:

The advice they’ve received from doctors is that they are no more likely to get the virus playing a round like this than sitting at home with their families anyway.
That sounds like awful advice to me, who paid these docs off.

Just seems like basic math that being around 1-4 family members makes you safer than being around 60+ players, assistants, Richo etc. in a close contact capacity.

snoremac fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Mar 20, 2020

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Huh, my local comp was advised that they would be closed for safety, but for some reason this national comp which makes money for a bunch of people is different. I wonder what's different between the two comps that magically makes it safe for one to go on, but not the other. Think, Chairchucker, think, everyone's depending on you!

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Yes wow you’ve cracked the code, peoples jobs depend on the afl putting something on but nobody gives a flying gently caress about your local comp thanks detective

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Its fine theres no risk also players should under no circumstances high five each other or theyll fuckin die

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

So it is, in fact, not safe and they're lying about it because of money? Cool glad we're on the same page.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
I wonder if they played music it might make the game seem a little less dead

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads
I hope they're giving those water bottles a quick clean between players :whitewater:

realbez
Mar 23, 2005

Fun Shoe
Bulldogs???

Spedman
Mar 12, 2010

Kangaroos hate Hasselblads

realbez posted:

Bulldogs???

Bulldonts

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

gay picnic defence posted:

I wonder if they played music it might make the game seem a little less dead

They need to pump home ground focussed music like at the basketball, and have a hype man on the mic over the PA

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Where’s dancin homer

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

snaeksikn posted:

They need to pump home ground focussed music like at the basketball, and have a hype man on the mic over the PA

Y’all need to get your own Sir Foster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHvbaxxBlrE

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
North are gonna be fairly mad if they lose to the AFLW equivalent of 2013 Carlton here.

edit: dang, good last quarter, that

monolithburger fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Mar 21, 2020

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
Yeah that was a good game.

I don't like our chances against them next week (if we beat the lions tomorrow)

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Go Dees

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Who approved this set of jumpers? The charcoal and navy backs look almost identical

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

I gotta say watching the Dees crumble under pressure in a crunch game really has brought a sense of normalcy to the week

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The dees are fighting back though.

edit: goddamn the dees did it

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Fffffaaaaarrrkkkkk don't get my hopes up

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
gently caress yeah Dees, don't bottle this. 25 seconds.

snaeksikn
Feb 28, 2010

Well loving done girls. Moving Hore to the midfield made a big difference and Hanks was a running machine late

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monolithburger
Sep 7, 2011
Being able to hear the screams of joy of the Dees players is pretty cool.

AFLW proving that footy is actually good.