Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chemtrailologist
Jul 8, 2007
The last time I was at a drive-in was in 1994. I watched Speed and True Lies. Probably won't ever have a movie night as good as that again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Only time I went to a drive-in was with cub scouts. We were supposed to be watching Angels in the Outfield and instead we all snuck to the next screen and watched Alien 3.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Ego-bot posted:

The last time I was at a drive-in was in 1994. I watched Speed and True Lies. Probably won't ever have a movie night as good as that again.

I saw Speed at the dentist.

Fully high on nitrous with these goggles strapped on.

The theater was in my mind.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
wait how

I have barely enough time to get through an episode of Curb

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Today could be a great time to bring back drive-in theatres.

I wish. I would never see things I REALLY wanted to see in there but three or four times a year anyway, it was always a fun night.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bloodshot is going VOD next week but unlike the Universal movies which are renting for $19.99 it will just be for straight up purchase.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
I only have ever seen a drive-in movie in Oregon, Ohio, sometime in the summer of 2002.

People in the Toledo area really look down on Oregon and I don't know why that is I was always a tourist.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

ruddiger posted:

Have you seen the documentary At The Drive-In? It’s about one specific PA drive-in, I forgot it’s name but it’s a pretty good little doc.

Mahoning Valley Drive-In, right outside Jim Thorpe. Best known as the town named after a football player who never stepped foot in the state before his death.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

ruddiger posted:

Have you seen the documentary At The Drive-In? It’s about one specific PA drive-in, I forgot it’s name but it’s a pretty good little doc.
No but I have seen the documentary film Dead End Drive-In.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

muscles like this! posted:

Bloodshot is going VOD next week but unlike the Universal movies which are renting for $19.99 it will just be for straight up purchase.

I saw Bloodshot in the theater...:smug:....please kill me...

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I saw Bloodshot in the theater...:smug:....please kill me...

*gathers around fire*

wh...what was it...like?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

*gathers around fire*

wh...what was it...like?

/gently puts a hand on your shoulder

Don't rush them, man. You need to give them time to work through this. If you force them to confront the memory before they're ready someone could get hurt.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
“Do we have a Bloodshot?"
"One. A man named Harris in Youngstown."
"Humbug Scoolbus." feedmyleg took Humbug Scoolbus' shoulder firmly. "Walk carefully. Guard your health. If anything should happen to Harris, you are Bloodshot. See how important you've become in the last minute!”

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

/gently puts a hand on your shoulder

Don't rush them, man. You need to give them time to work through this. If you force them to confront the memory before they're ready someone could get hurt.

*brushes hand away*

"NO! I'm sick of being told things are better here! I know there's adventure beyond that copper wall and I'm sick of being told to shoo away the scavengers trying to steal it with my trusty boom pole!"

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

I only have ever seen a drive-in movie in Oregon, Ohio, sometime in the summer of 2002.

People in the Toledo area really look down on Oregon and I don't know why that is I was always a tourist.

How many does this shithole have? There's the Lynn down in Strasburg and Magic City over in Barberton

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I need to start using the term "Broadway funny" more often

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

I saw Grindhouse at a drive-in.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

what's the point of drive ins if you're just gonna suck eat each other's genitals

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Suck eat??

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

My Twitter Account posted:

Nice, that’s a match made in heaven.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

My Twitter Account posted:

So did I. It was awesome. I'm also old enough that I saw the original Planet of the Apes series on their initial run as well as a poo poo ton of other movies at the drive-in back in the 60s and 70s because we didn't have an enclosed theater near my house.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
We used to go to a drive-in that was about an hour’s drive away fairly often until a few years ago. I think the last thing I saw there was a double feature of Last Vegas and Thor 2. When we were visiting family in Cleveland last summer we went to another drive-in and saw MiB International and Far From Home.

Drive-ins own, they’re super cheap to get in and the food is usually also pretty inexpensive.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
The only drive-in movies I've managed to see are Under Siege 2, A.I. Artificial Intelligence, an X-Men Origins: Wolverine. Woof.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I saw Ghostbusters at a drive-in

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Mission Impossible 1 is what I saw at the drive in. They used a small transmitter to broadcast the audio to your car, no idea if it was AM or FM, it's been a very long time.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

You suck the one and eat the other.

Yes, rear end is a genital.

I remember seeing Sammy the Way-Out Seal at a drive-in, in between disturbing smacking sounds from the front seat.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Yeah Hannah-Barbera have been doing shows like Laff-A-Lympics and Yogi's Space Race which featured characters from almost all their cartoon series since the 70s, and they've done a whole bunch of crossover episodes outside of that. This is a deliberate attempt to start a MCU-esque shared cinematic universe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqbb0p2mGIE

Blue Falcon's new sidekick Dee Dee is apparently one of the 'Teen Angels' originally from the Captain Caveman cartoon

Edit: they've also put out a bunch of "shared universe" comic books in recent years, as well as a ton of comics where their classic characters were "re-imagined' for modern audiences

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_Quest

Oh goddamn. I need to read these, I absolutely love HB!

Chieves
Sep 20, 2010

So how likely would it be to get the Venture Bros included in this universe?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh the cruelest cut as Minions: The Rise of Gru has been pulled from the release schedule.

Which I guess shows what studios think of this as it wasn't due to come out until July.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

muscles like this! posted:

Oh the cruelest cut as Minions: The Rise of Gru has been pulled from the release schedule.

Which I guess shows what studios think of this as it wasn't due to come out until July.

It's delayed because the house making it is unable to work, not because they're concerned about the box office.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Chieves posted:

So how likely would it be to get the Venture Bros included in this universe?

Unlikely, if funny, since they'd basically be redundant.

Then again, Mystery Inc implies that the Groovy Gang might be canon.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

« Cinema Discusso › Nobody Greedlightninged 2020: The Year We Miss Contact

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The first Friday of our lives with no new movies in theaters and also no theaters is here.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

The first Friday of our lives with no new movies in theaters and also no theaters is here.

gently caress, the last movie I saw in a theatre was goddamn Birds of Prey.

People here kept posting it was good.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Big Mean Jerk posted:

We used to go to a drive-in that was about an hour’s drive away fairly often until a few years ago. I think the last thing I saw there was a double feature of Last Vegas and Thor 2. When we were visiting family in Cleveland last summer we went to another drive-in and saw MiB International and Far From Home.

Drive-ins own, they’re super cheap to get in and the food is usually also pretty inexpensive.

A friend on Facebook posted that he and his kids went out to the drive-in tonight, I guess people are cottoning on to the fact that it's pretty much the only show in town where you can practice decent social distancing

Julius CSAR posted:

Oh goddamn. I need to read these, I absolutely love HB!

DC have digitized their back catalogue and have a monthly online subscription service so you should be able to access them all from home legally and cheaply!

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 10:32 on Mar 20, 2020

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Alan Smithee posted:

« Cinema Discusso › Nobody Greedlightninged 2020: The Year We Miss Contact

This is good, I second this motion

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
motion to have "miss" changed to "reduce" so it plays off of "remake"

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Yeah why not

Now where's the camera?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

time for your backlog of new-to-you old movies and/or reading

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It would be amazing to see next year's awards being dominated by streaming service exclusives.