Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Season five will only happen once the horses of the world throw off their shackles and become Swiftwinds in their own right.

evilmiera fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Nov 30, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Elfface posted:

I picture the best Dr Who companion.

Big asexual energy there

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Fifth and final season on May 15th, apparently.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

Fifth and final season on May 15th, apparently.

Source?

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Entertainment Weekly interview with Noelle Stevenson

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Nice soothing bit of She-Ra during peak COVID-19 sounds like just the ticket.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Madurai posted:

Thanks!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Madurai posted:

I think it's nuts that while yes, the show is going to have 52 episodes total, the final season episodes will be five hours long each!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I think it's nuts that while yes, the show is going to have 52 episodes total, the final season episodes will be five hours long each!

Don't tease me like that.

I hope this He-Man series is better than the previews have been showing. It's incredibly uninspired from everything I've seen.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Holy gently caress the posters for this season.
(timg'd for massive)

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Those remind me just how much I love the theme song. I really hope there are girls and young women watching this show that are inspired by it.

Watermelon Daiquiri
Jul 10, 2010
I TRIED TO BAIT THE TXPOL THREAD WITH THE WORLD'S WORST POSSIBLE TAKE AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS STUPID AVATAR.
Apparently Sonic has she ra toys as the kids toy. I dunno what they look like though.

e: https://www.sonicdrivein.com/wackypack Here they are. Not gonna lie, I rather want that inflatable sword.

Watermelon Daiquiri fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 20, 2020

CaptainCrunch
Mar 19, 2006
droppin Hamiltons!
No of course we go into quarantine when that’s available.

What? It’s says “ALL AGES” right there in the ad!

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

Man, if I die on May 14th I'm going to be so pissed.

golden bells
Oct 17, 2013

Sonic Drive-in's toy offerings tend to go on for a while iirc. I don't think they even restrict them to a selling order like McDonald's does.

Yeah I want uhhhhhhh large cranberry limeade and one of each of your she-ra toys please.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Finally finished season 4! :toot:

I can't believe no-one mentioned Kyle and Rogelio holding hands in 'Fractures'. :3:

(apologies for potato camera, Netflix wont let you screencap)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
From Reddit, stealing our thread header (:argh:)

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
Aw, last season. :(

That's okay, five seasons of high quality content isn't too shabby for a (supposed) kid's cartoon. Better get a Catra redemption angle tho :mad:

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Oh, you think Catra’s getting out of this alive?

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/Gingerhazing/status/1250185560452288512?s=20

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost
I really hope we don't get the cliche thing where Catra suddenly realizes how awful she was and sacrifices herself to save everyone. That's so predictable and, imo, beneath the quality of the writing we've seen so far.

I don't want a happy ending for Catra after all she's done but I also don't want her to die. She doesn't have to come around and join the Princesses but she also doesn't need to spend the rest of her life in misery either.

What I'd really like to see is for Adora to finally say to Catra "Hey I'm really sorry I abandoned you and betrayed our friendship and broke that promise I made to you when we were kids". Adora is a nice person but she's also a moron and for all Catra's done she deserves an apology for that.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Elephant Ambush posted:

What I'd really like to see is for Adora to finally say to Catra "Hey I'm really sorry I abandoned you and betrayed our friendship and broke that promise I made to you when we were kids". Adora is a nice person but she's also a moron and for all Catra's done she deserves an apology for that.

This except it leads to a climatic back to back fight followed by GO I'LL HOLD THEM OFF

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
Adora would definitely try the whole "I'll hold them off!" thing because she's always trying to shoulder everybody's burdens, but Catra would sooner saw off her own arm than let Adora do that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
lol if we come out the other side of this with Catra/Glimmer and Adora/Scorpia.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Everyone joins a polycule show ends

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Darth Walrus posted:

Adora has a type.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

No, not Adora/Scorpia.

She-Ra/Scorpia.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Catra x Right hand san

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I want Catra to survive but at the end realize she's burned every bridge and hurt everyone that cared about with her actions she's completely alone and forced to face what she has done.

lovely people don't always deserve a redemption because of a single act.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

twistedmentat posted:

I want Catra to survive but at the end realize she's burned every bridge and hurt everyone that cared about with her actions she's completely alone and forced to face what she has done.

Hordak deserves redemption because I like his romance arc.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

Hordak deserves redemption because I like his romance arc.

I'd be OK with Hordak sacrificing himself to save Entrapta. Maybe not dying but getting super hosed up and having to be rebuilt or have his memory erased or something.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea Hordak at this point has been shown to be less of a lovely person than Catra.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

twistedmentat posted:

Yea Hordak at this point has been shown to be less of a lovely person than Catra.

Hasn't he ruled/oppressed half the planet for an extended period of time?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Don't forget Shadow Weaver, whose upbringing made Catra into the person she is, and fostered that resentment by clearly favouring Adora and giving her much kinder treatment.

Still interesting what they're doing with her; she's basically cooperating entirely with Glimmer now, but it's pretty clear her motivation is basically to spite her previous employer, the exact same reason she joined up with the Horde in the first place. She's probably got the least sympathetic moments, while even Hordak has gotten some- and arguably she's the worst because she's a traitor who actively signed up for the Horde, while Hordak is arguably just doing the only thing he knows and Catra as above was basically moulded in her image. Not to mention she's pretty much responsible for the whole disaster of the last season as she actively drove a wedge between Glimmer and Adora, as a result leaving the planet at Horde Prime's mercy.

TheShadowAvatar
Nov 25, 2004

Ain't Nothing But A Family Thing

socialsecurity posted:

Hasn't he ruled/oppressed half the planet for an extended period of time?

Good Guy Hordak brought food and jobs to the masses. :colbert:

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

As long as he ceeds power to the Horses' Revolutionary Government all sins are forgiven

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Poor Sprinkles. Thought of the bourgeoisie and died.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
A while back in TG there was a discussion about people's half-baked fantasy settings they came up with as teenagers, and one of them was basically a bog-standard D&D setting except the Cybermen from Doctor Who had invaded, and Etheria made me think of that with the high-tech Horde contrasted with mostly magical Etheria. (especially Bright Moon) Then it comes to mind the implication Hordak is only the second high-tech alien invader Etheria's suffered, with the heavy implication the First Ones colonised Etheria and co-opted its culture and magic to build it into a massive superweapon. Makes sense why First Ones technology is poorly understood, and there's superweapons laying around waiting for someone to figure them out, while Hordak and Entrapta are so dangerous because they actually know what they're doing with technology; Entrapta seemingly having been raised among it and being a savant, while Hordak just knows how his technology works from first principles, or at least enough to effectively industrialise.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

Nap Ghost

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Don't forget Shadow Weaver, whose upbringing made Catra into the person she is, and fostered that resentment by clearly favouring Adora and giving her much kinder treatment.

Still interesting what they're doing with her; she's basically cooperating entirely with Glimmer now, but it's pretty clear her motivation is basically to spite her previous employer, the exact same reason she joined up with the Horde in the first place. She's probably got the least sympathetic moments, while even Hordak has gotten some- and arguably she's the worst because she's a traitor who actively signed up for the Horde, while Hordak is arguably just doing the only thing he knows and Catra as above was basically moulded in her image. Not to mention she's pretty much responsible for the whole disaster of the last season as she actively drove a wedge between Glimmer and Adora, as a result leaving the planet at Horde Prime's mercy.

Shadow Weaver is the most intriguing character to me because the writers have done such a good job at hiding her true motivations. My wife and I talk about that once in a while. We have no idea what she really wants or what she's up to. Her original motivations were ultimate power but we're not sure if she learned any kind of lessons from her past mistakes. My own personal (and probably wrong) theory is that she's just an opportunist who is currently biding her time and toying with people and gathering favors until the time is right to try to make some kind of move.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

twistedmentat posted:

That already happened, and Double Trouble was the one who put the last shiv in her back.