Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

The MSJ posted:

It would be amazing to see next year's awards being dominated by streaming service exclusives.

What's really going to be interesting is the fallout from essentially an entire year without any production. 2021 will have everything that's been pushed back, and a few things that were halted in various states of production, but 2022 is going to be barren.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
and the winner is...Neil Breen?!

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

"I am here...now"

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Iron Crowned posted:

What's really going to be interesting is the fallout from essentially an entire year without any production. 2021 will have everything that's been pushed back, and a few things that were halted in various states of production, but 2022 is going to be barren.

The various industry groups should just buy an island that would be entirely dedicated to film/television production where everyone coming in is subject to testing for the virus. Everything produced on the island would be 60's to 80's BBC quality but it would be fine.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

The various industry groups should just buy an island that would be entirely dedicated to film/television production where everyone coming in is subject to testing for the virus. Everything produced on the island would be 60's to 80's BBC quality but it would be fine.

Haven't we already had enough trouble with Hollywood and private islands

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1240986457755418625?s=20

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Ya Fantasy Island was a real stinker

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Ghost Leviathan posted:

This island is different. Sorry, Hillary, but it's now the No Clintons Club.
-But you let in Bill!
It says no Clintonsss. We're allowed one.
--Uh-hyuk-yuk!

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Beachcomber posted:

gently caress, the last movie I saw in a theatre was goddamn Birds of Prey.

People here kept posting it was good.
I mean, it was fun? It was cute? I don't know much about the production aspect but I got the feeling while watching it that it was originally supposed to be more over-the-top violent (like the scene where Harley shoots a bunch of cops) but they toned it down somewhere along the line because they thought that would make it more appealing to a young, female audience.

This Is the Zodiac
Feb 4, 2003

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

I'm also old enough that I saw the original Planet of the Apes series on their initial run as well as a poo poo ton of other movies at the drive-in back in the 60s and 70s because we didn't have an enclosed theater near my house.
The first movie I ever saw was at a drive-in. My dad took me to see the 1984 re-release of the 1967 The Jungle Book.

edit: there was one near my college where I once saw a double-feature of U-571 (which I remember absolutely nothing about) and The Skulls (which was more fun and I should watch again).

This Is the Zodiac fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Mar 20, 2020

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Alan Smithee posted:

Just imagine how much insane conspiracy inspiration he’s getting from all this. His next movie is gonna be wild, just 10 Breen clones spreading Coronavirus across the globe.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The MSJ posted:

It would be amazing to see next year's awards being dominated by streaming service exclusives.

The oscars arent going to have a choice at this rate. Dragged kicking and screaming into 21st century because of a plague

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

They just have to be aired for a week in NY or LA before Dec 15th, right? I'm sure more Hollywood people than just Tarantino own theaters and if they don't I'm sure some producer will buy a megaplex and fill it with his companies movies for a week or two, do a bunch of 'private screenings' .

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

The last movie I saw at a drive-in was Wizard of Oz.

I saw it in October.

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

They just have to be aired for a week in NY or LA before Dec 15th, right? I'm sure more Hollywood people than just Tarantino own theaters and if they don't I'm sure some producer will buy a megaplex and fill it with his companies movies for a week or two, do a bunch of 'private screenings' .

I think they can't be private screenings. People have to be able to buy tickets and go see the movie.

But there will definitely be movies playing to empty theaters specifically for award contention come december.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

Yes, the 24 hour drama output is particularly good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6v5tfDnb_g&t=88s

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

My Twitter Account posted:

I mean, it was fun? It was cute? I don't know much about the production aspect but I got the feeling while watching it that it was originally supposed to be more over-the-top violent (like the scene where Harley shoots a bunch of cops) but they toned it down somewhere along the line because they thought that would make it more appealing to a young, female audience.

I really don't think it was toned down, I mean because one, that scene the highlight of the film as is, and two, it's still full of poo poo like Harley jumping on that guys legs in the club. :gonk:

But yeah, BoP was the last film I saw in theaters, and I'm fine with that.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
The Hunt was mine, and that pisses me off.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
The last thing I saw in a theatre was the front door, because then I was outside the theatre.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The Invisible Man is mine and that movie ruled so, whatev.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

BioEnchanted posted:

The last thing I saw in a theatre was the front door, because then I was outside the theatre.

:dadjoke:

I appreciated it though

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mine was the Impractical Jokers movie :haw:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The seal has been broken. The Kumail Nanjiani/Issa Rae movie The Lovebirds which was supposed to come out on April 3rd will now completely skip theaters and instead premiere on Netflix.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/the-lovebirds-netflix-debut-coronavirus-paramount-1202842883/

married but discreet
May 7, 2005

Taco Defender
My last movie was Portrait Of A Lady On Fire, twice, and if that's the last movie I watched in a theatre then I'm very okay with that.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
My last theater movie was Transylvania 6-5000.

RIP Graveyard Shift :smith:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

my last theater movies were the last 5 minutes of Sonic the Hedgehog and the last hour of Birds of Prey.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

This movie was very ok at best but i will remember it fondly since I I went to see it last week and had the IMAX theater all to my self

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

BioEnchanted posted:

did u walk out of the theatre backwards or what

Homeybeef posted:

This movie was very ok at best but i will remember it fondly since I I went to see it last week and had the IMAX theater all to my self

Almost identical circumstances, but a non-IMAX in Brooklyn.

Was really eerie being in an empty theatre on a Pixar movie’s opening day.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
The last movie I ever saw in a theater was The Invisible Man and I'm okay with that. At least it wasn't something terrible.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Last one I caught was The Lodge, which was very appropriate.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I haven't seen a movie in theaters in 2020, so the last movie I saw in theaters was Jumanji: The Next Level.

Homeybeef
May 23, 2008

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Last one I caught was The Lodge, which was very appropriate.

Are you saying this whole thing is just some kids loving with you?

The Lodge was a problematic movie

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Last movie I saw was Birds of Prey but the last one I got my wife to go with me to was Dolittle so I'm counting that one

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

I don't go to the theater very often, so I think the last one I saw was Pain and Glory, which I totally loved.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Last movies I saw in a theater were a double feature of Super Fuzz and Death Promise.

The double feature I saw in a theater before that were Day of the Dead and Death Wish III.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/Erik_Hayden/status/1241179945511972864

Reportedly a rep from Universal was overheard saying, "what are they going to do about it, not show our movies?"

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

The last movies I saw in a theater was 1917. Good movie.

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Last movie I saw in theaters was Rise of Skywalker and I was literally asleep for half of it lmao.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

muscles like this! posted:

The seal has been broken. The Kumail Nanjiani/Issa Rae movie The Lovebirds which was supposed to come out on April 3rd will now completely skip theaters and instead premiere on Netflix.

https://deadline.com/2020/03/the-lovebirds-netflix-debut-coronavirus-paramount-1202842883/

I hope the people behind Extra Ordinary decide to do the same, was really hoping to see that.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
I saw Sonic the Hedgehog with friends, hoping for it to be funny bad.

It was mostly just meh.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

MH Knights posted:

The last movies I saw in a theater was in 1917. Good movie.

I hope I'm not the only one who initially parsed it like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

We are so low on movie releases that the Rotten Tomatoes Instagram is posting movie and TV memes now.