Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

deer: no resuscitate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
they seem to have relaxed the rules about hooking personally owned devices to our work laptops -- but just for monitors and printers; keyboards and mice and etc are still not allowed, which is the thing I wish I had the most right now :smith:

it sounds like maybe we're allowed to go pick them up from work though? :ohdear:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

lancemantis posted:

they seem to have relaxed the rules about hooking personally owned devices to our work laptops -- but just for monitors and printers; keyboards and mice and etc are still not allowed, which is the thing I wish I had the most right now :smith:

it sounds like maybe we're allowed to go pick them up from work though? :ohdear:

four little letters that will get whatever nice keyboard and mouse you want shipped to your door by them

o s h a

It didn't stop being a thing just because we're all working in our PJs.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

our CEO is trying to email the company every day about how well we are coping with WFH and essentials in office.

today it included a comment about how my team has daily 30 mins stand-ups on Teams at 9:00 in the morning.

i dont know where the gently caress that came from because that is not happening, and im still in bed at 9AM...

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Jonny 290 posted:

four little letters that will get whatever nice keyboard and mouse you want shipped to your door by them

o s h a

oh I'm sure that's an option, but it would be really easy for me to go in and grab the ones I have; the IT office is giving stuff out to people that can't pick up what they have for various reasons

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
yeah sounds like I need to go in now because they're locking everything up this afternoon

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
wow work was dead; like beyond weekend dead -- that eerie empty hallway echo

also weird to go since its been 2 weeks since I've been in already

keyboard and mouse and Good Coffee Mug have been picked up; laptop is on book stand for now

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

good news: the astrologers have determined that COVID-19 won't be so bad, because neptune is not in pisces (which is a prerequisite for any great plague)

also the economy thing is just caused by a saturn-pluto conjunction and it will turn around once they move apart.

everyone can relax

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
but doctor, neptune is in pisces

burning swine
May 26, 2004

doom and gloom, bah

more like gloom and

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
i've had to choose between Doom and Animal Crossing and I have chosen Animal Crossing.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i chose Earth Defense Force 5

suffix
Jul 27, 2013

Wheeee!
what better time to do a surprise team reorganization and move everyone over on jira

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

As if there wasn't enough bullshit to go around I somehow got charged for someone else's groceries yesterday, and they got substantially more than we did. I don't even know how the gently caress it happened, I was looking at the cashier's screen when we were ringing out and it displayed the correct total

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

rotor posted:

i've had to choose between Doom and Animal Crossing and I have chosen Animal Crossing.

is the new animal crossing worth buying a switch to play? I dug the 3ds version, never played any others

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Poopernickel posted:

is the new animal crossing worth buying a switch to play? I dug the 3ds version, never played any others

it sounds like it is if you like animal crossing. check in games: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3913280

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

i was gonna play the odds and book a vacation for late May, but surprisingly things aren’t super cheap or anything so I guess a lot of people had the same idea

Zorn
Oct 24, 2000
(drunkposting)

Zorn fucked around with this message at 01:42 on May 15, 2023

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

Jonny 290 posted:

o s h a

important things during pandemic:
* safety and security of workers performing critical tasks in danger of exposure
* the shape of my keyboard and mouse

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Beach update: now officially closed. Jerks

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

I rode my bike to the beach today and stayed six feet away from everybody and it was real nice and good

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
my wife is going fuckin apeshit on this meeting i tell you what

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sagebrush posted:

I rode my bike to the beach today and stayed six feet away from everybody and it was real nice and good

I walked 300m and hid between rocks because I don't want a 135€ fine, very cool.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

service desk supervisor just scheduled me for what would be five long weekends on call in a row

my boss is about to tear this dude a new one lmao

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

drat there are no cheap headsets for sale like anywhere right now, I ended up getting gouged on some mid range plantronics thing as it was that, an insanely expensive ~*~executive*~ jabra deck thing or a ridiculous game headset

i could have been convinced by the razer header with integral cat ears if work were paying though :catstare:

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

drat there are no cheap headsets for sale like anywhere right now, I ended up getting gouged on some mid range plantronics thing as it was that, an insanely expensive ~*~executive*~ jabra deck thing or a ridiculous game headset

i could have been convinced by the razer header with integral cat ears if work were paying though :catstare:

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F283820596138

e: laffo I missed the $25 shipping

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

afaik the LA ports still haven't opened and at this point probably won't even if China starts shipping us stuff again. you're probably looking at a legit supply crunch here

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Gotta hope your poo poo doesn't break because even if it's in warranty you're not getting a replacement any time soon

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

the only good thing about this is that I can say "do you like PLANTRONIX? " in a synthetic voice on calls but nobody will get it

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Jabor posted:

Gotta hope your poo poo doesn't break because even if it's in warranty you're not getting a replacement any time soon

I'm so incredibly grateful that the compressor on my refrigerator broke 3 weeks ago and not now.

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

I got curious and webcams are sold the gently caress out, too

plenty of gaming oriented headsets if you really need something, i guess

PIZZA.BAT posted:

afaik the LA ports still haven't opened and at this point probably won't even if China starts shipping us stuff again. you're probably looking at a legit supply crunch here

man we are going to get hilariously hosed over by a combination of JIT bullshit and moving so much manufacturing overseas

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I'm not taking the collapse of society well. I've been on a waitlist to see a psychiatrist for weeks and now I'm probably not going to get in at all

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

our dishwasher broke this morning

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
i know a young dude who had to get a circumsicion because his forskin hole was so tiny he was always in pain and his operation was the last one before covid shut them
down

thank gently caress he’s lucky lol

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
Wash ya dick folks

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Achmed Jones posted:

our dishwasher broke this morning

drat that sucks. What about it broke? I bet you can fix it.

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

you hit the on button and it turns off after a few seconds 🤷‍♀️

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I hope if we take away any lesson from this is that's society shouldn't be balanced on a knife's edge like it was prior to now

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Achmed Jones posted:

you hit the on button and it turns off after a few seconds 🤷‍♀️

that just means the cycles finished. you got it to work faster

no one in nz over the age of 70 is allowed out now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

TOOT BOOT posted: