Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NU4tVJYKirU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

codo27 posted:

The manikins in a cage on the side of one of the streets is a nice touch.

Has the finger from re7 ever been figured out? The new mystery I want unraveled is why there are only two darts in the dart board in the widow of the toy store. Which are in the 12 and 15 segments. 27=? Why the gently caress are there four in each rack alongside the board?

yeah it points to a series of murders in the house, or you have to point it to where the murders are from hints you find. i cant remember which way it was now, been awhile.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt

Incredible

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

gently caress I triggered nem earlier, ducked into a safe room and now the bastard is chill idling outside the room. fffffffff

Grimthwacker
Aug 7, 2014

I know I can aim at other parts of a zombie, but I can't NOT go for headshots every time. It's like I'm obligated to dome every zombie I see (mostly because most situations in RE2 are in cramped quarters and it'd be a pain to keep them around).

RE2 update: I'm at least out of the police station and after a pretty pointless Ada intermission it's back to business as usual. Those. . . things in the sewer are a pretty egregious ammo sink, so I hope I don't have to deal with too many of them.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

I cannot wait for the 500x facial animation cutscenes.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Did anyone else notice this?

RE2:R had a placeholder hidden achievement for a few months and now it's been added. Just noticed it.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Yeah, that's old news. Just adds a new note to read in Kendo's gun shop.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Lunethex posted:

Did anyone else notice this?

RE2:R had a placeholder hidden achievement for a few months and now it's been added. Just noticed it.

yeah its really anti climax. woulda been better if it unlocked something or they hid it and no one noticed it/hounded the steam databases.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Crowetron posted:

Everytime I replay 4, I'm surprised to remember that the regenerators show up in like four rooms total. Capcom are not devs I normally associate with restraint.

The spiky one that stretches its arms out at you and then pulls you into its spiky body super fast and the way the camera follows it when they kill you was such a nuts out of nowhere :wtc: moment at the time. Even more than the regular ones doing it to just bite you. Every enemy in that game is awesome in its own way all around. The cultists cutting you apart by throwing their scythes also. Holy poo poo that game is amazing, whelp time to play RE4 again.

Okay I'm finally finished all of RE7 and its DLC and why the gently caress is the main character of Resident Evil 8 going to be Ethan again instead of either Mia or Jack's brother Joe or Chris. :wtc:

Also like, Not A Hero came out almost a year after the main game? I had a lot of nitpicks with RE7 (I mean I still liked it a lot and finished it of course now) but I would have been furious to have had Lucas Baker just stop being seen or acknowledged by anyone for the rest of the game without the DLC to follow that part of the plot up.

The DLC where you play as Joe Baker, someone earlier posted about it when I was talking about RE8 and like, drat, that poster was right they really did secretly make Condemned 3 even with the combos and stuff. Playing them I'm kind of surprised End of Zoe was the internally developed one while Not A Hero was outsourced because of how different it was. I like that the molded had to evolve ultra-swole arms for the sole purpose of trying and failing to protect their heads from Joe's fists.

Grimthwacker posted:

I know I can aim at other parts of a zombie, but I can't NOT go for headshots every time. It's like I'm obligated to dome every zombie I see (mostly because most situations in RE2 are in cramped quarters and it'd be a pain to keep them around).

RE2 update: I'm at least out of the police station and after a pretty pointless Ada intermission it's back to business as usual. Those. . . things in the sewer are a pretty egregious ammo sink, so I hope I don't have to deal with too many of them.

Fortunately the sewer part is relatively small, and as you get through it you'll get a weapon that basically exists to let you kill that particular enemy very easily.

The zombies got a lot easier for me to deal with when I got out of the habit of only going for head shots and took advantage of shooting off limbs/shooting the legs to make them fall over before avoiding them or more easily shooting them in the head.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Vikar Jerome posted:

yeah its really anti climax. woulda been better if it unlocked something or they hid it and no one noticed it/hounded the steam databases.

Yeah, that letter wasn't worth playing 25 minutes for.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

my first time playing resident evil 7 I stopped playing after the video tape where your play as Mia because I hated the stealth section and assumed that it was a mechanic that would keep popping up afterwards. It wasn’t until after finishing RE2 Remake that I went back to 7 and realized that I was wrong and that the entire rest of the game from where I stopped is just standard RE gameplay.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
They seem to have restored save room music which loops. One thing which bothered me in RE2 is that the save room music played only in the first save room you go to, and only once.

The beat-focused track playing in the subway station is all right. It's not a stand-out and I think they could've gone with a different sound but I'll take it.

Drone that plays when wandering around the city is all right - it feels inspired by the city of the dead song from the original, but it's less developed.

Didn't get a good listen to the nemesis music cos I was scrambling and then died, so didn't decide if I like it.

I hope there's a decent amount of music in the game. I liked the little jingle that plays on loading screens and overall it seems like they at least aren't actively hostile to the idea of music which has been a trend for years.

AllisonByProxy
Feb 24, 2006

FUCK TERFS/BLM/ACAB
Found this on reddit. Shows the path you take in the demo marked on the map from the subway.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Lunethex posted:

They're sunken colonies from Starcraft. They have long-range tentacle pokes and it's really bad news. Of course, they can also grab.

I don't think the pistol is gonna be taking Limbs off in this one, not like RE2:R. You need critical hits with the handgun. The shotgun can gore enemies but you might as well just go for the head. Speaking of, I shot off Nemesis' coat on the shoulder with a critical hit, so he takes persistent damage I think?

Trigger 25 perfect dodges in one game. Yeah, have fun with that.

Also you only get 100 'ambassador points' on RE.net for doing all 20, someone said. No idea what that means, but it doesn't seem worth it considering the ARG-tier nonsense they are in this demo.

I say, having taken the time to do it all because of my RE obsession.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KODvsFhz3c

Thanks, quoting this so I can find it later!

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Tried playing RE4 last night on ps4. This control scheme has not aged well at all. Yeah it's just over the shoulder tank controls, but holy poo poo is it unintuitive af and slow. Nevermind the goofy-rear end button arrangement. It's borderline unplayable or at least unpleasant enough that I don't want to play. I know I can reassign buttons on the system level, but that's honestly more work than I feel like doing to play a 15 yr old game.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

large_gourd posted:

They seem to have restored save room music which loops. One thing which bothered me in RE2 is that the save room music played only in the first save room you go to, and only once.

The beat-focused track playing in the subway station is all right. It's not a stand-out and I think they could've gone with a different sound but I'll take it.

Drone that plays when wandering around the city is all right - it feels inspired by the city of the dead song from the original, but it's less developed.

Didn't get a good listen to the nemesis music cos I was scrambling and then died, so didn't decide if I like it.

I hope there's a decent amount of music in the game. I liked the little jingle that plays on loading screens and overall it seems like they at least aren't actively hostile to the idea of music which has been a trend for years.

I really was a little let down that the police station lobby didn't have that awesome awesome awesome "you are hopelessly trapped in some serious poo poo" track from the original RE2. I'm hoping the variety of scenery we'll likely have in this inspires them to have a lot more tracks in general.

Speaking of this, after playing the RE3 Remake demo more than ever in my entire life do I wish custom soundtracks were a thing, I guess on the PC version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvpJlcqz3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWd6_jIT3EM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNww6SePkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjBAivWTeo

JILL, RACCOON CITY WILL BE NUKED IN EXACTLY 2m3s, YOU HAVE TO DASH THROUGH THIS FINAL GAUNTLET OF BULLSHIT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-M_3_biiUA

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Mar 21, 2020

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

It's the lady from Ripley's Believe It or Not

i must compose
Jul 4, 2010

Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.

Neo Rasa posted:

I really was a little let down that the police station lobby didn't have that awesome awesome awesome "you are hopelessly trapped in some serious poo poo" track from the original RE2. I'm hoping the variety of scenery we'll likely have in this inspires them to have a lot more tracks in general.

Speaking of this, after playing the RE3 Remake demo more than ever in my entire life do I wish custom soundtracks were a thing, I guess on the PC version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVvpJlcqz3Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWd6_jIT3EM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LNww6SePkw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjBAivWTeo

JILL, RACCOON CITY WILL BE NUKED IN EXACTLY 2m3s, YOU HAVE TO DASH THROUGH THIS FINAL GAUNTLET OF BULLSHIT!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-M_3_biiUA

I'm sure if they don't include the OST then there will be a mod that does. Didn't they include it in re2 as dlc?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Augus posted:

my first time playing resident evil 7 I stopped playing after the video tape where your play as Mia because I hated the stealth section and assumed that it was a mechanic that would keep popping up afterwards. It wasn’t until after finishing RE2 Remake that I went back to 7 and realized that I was wrong and that the entire rest of the game from where I stopped is just standard RE gameplay.

That's basically where I stopped, but I think I did get past that part after. Wandering around the house stuck on some puzzle I do believe last time I picked it up.

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Neo Rasa posted:

I really was a little let down that the police station lobby didn't have that awesome awesome awesome "you are hopelessly trapped in some serious poo poo" track from the original RE2.

Yeah - a washed out reverb version of it played when you first entered, but again only once and didn't loop so you might not even have noticed it. Actually now that I'm typing this, I'm not 100% sure it did or if I'm imagining it. That seemed to be their general attitude towards music in RE2 - a slight nod to the old tracks, but replace it with nothing distinctive.

The RE3 demo at least seems a bit heavier on the music than RE2 was, and the save room music being restored like I said makes me happy. Really want that relief moment when the music comes in during a chase or tense period.

edit:

actually completed the demo now (i died before).

it's cool that marvin and kendo are gonna be in the game. we get to see before his kendo's daughter and marvin got infected!

nemesis's tentacle grab seems really annoying so far. i mean there's no way to defend against it, and he can grab you from really far away. it seems like you're going to basically have to take him down every time he appears unless you are close to a cutscene/cutoff point, because you can't outrun or outmanoeuvre him and combined with all the other zombies and things around it makes death pretty certain.

large_gourd fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 21, 2020

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

i must compose posted:

I'm sure if they don't include the OST then there will be a mod that does. Didn't they include it in re2 as dlc?

The original RE2 soundtrack was a pre-order bonus/DLC you could get and you could swap between them at any stage. Honestly it was an amazing feature and I loved it so much.

As for Nemises I think the Grenades you get are really for stunning him over killing zombies. Ditto for the explosive barrels.

Even on Assisted Mode, Nemesis can kill you really fast. And this game will really feel a lack of Blue Herbs, since that RGB herb mix with the damage reduction would be so good against him.

Nemesis also has a unique grab and kill animation where he goes American History X on you and stomps you down.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

so with the demo being out, comes some datamining and the like. i'm trying to avoid spoilers myself but here is some stuff about difficulty modes and unlockable difficulty modes: word of warning, these could be left overs in the data, remember the "fixed camera" options in re2r?

Difficulties

Difficulties & New Game+:
-There is four difficulties in the game, "Assist Mode", "Normal Mode", "Hard Mode", "Super Hard Mode".
-Assist Mode gives the player auto-regenerating health when in critical state, auto-aim turned on, a free assault rifle to use, enemy attacks do less damage, and gunpowder usage gives more ammo.
-Normal mode is the "recommended" difficulty for most players.
-Hard Mode is for series veterans, says it makes the enemy AI more aggressive and intelligent, they deliver more damage, and supplies is more scarce.
-Super Hard Mode is unlockable, and it says the enemy AI is even more aggressive and there's even less supplies, AS WELL Enemy and Item placement is remixed on this difficulty.
-New Game+ is mentioned multiple times on the Menu UI stuff. Apparently when you beat the game once on any difficulty, you unlock New Game+. New Game+ is given the description that changes several parts of the game and changes the ending, though unclear the exact details of this.

Potential Unlockables mentioned:

-Jill's S.T.A.R.S. costume is mentioned multiple times as an unlockable reward.
-There may be one additional costume for Jill outside of her Default, RE3 pre-order and S.T.A.R.S. costume, but it's unclear. It looks like Carlos has two costumes and Jill has four, though.
-This is unclear, but there also may be accessories you can unlock. There's "Costume Rewards", and only one of them is named in the files, which is a "Hip Pouch".
-There is an "Item Box Reward" unlock, though not clarified what it is. Probably a weapon you unlock that gets left in your item box.
-Concept Art and a Character Model viewer unlocks confirmed.

theres a poo poo load others getting leaked, like locations and poo poo but i aint reading that two weeks out, havent even dled the demo lmao.

for note, the weapon, item and enemies list were scrubbed very well in the demo, so no leaks for those. good job capcom. there is a "characters" list but i blanked over it and you should too. also full game has broken street date in france somehow, thought they were all on lockdown? oh well.

edit: ink ribbions. are out. not even in hard/hardcore mode. :negative:

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 21, 2020

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Is it bad that the change that bothers me most is Carlos' voice? Mikhail got to keep his accent, but now Carlos is just action movie man.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

The real victim in all this is Carlos' hair.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Momomo posted:

Is it bad that the change that bothers me most is Carlos' voice? Mikhail got to keep his accent, but now Carlos is just action movie man.

he sounds like a low-rent Keanu Reeves now, it's really weird

Bloodcider
Jun 19, 2009

Neo Rasa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=664T5ScFabk

Fixed that link for you.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_4Nrd7jFPQ

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

AllisonByProxy posted:

Found this on reddit. Shows the path you take in the demo marked on the map from the subway.

Silly thing to go looking for but the attention to detail is spot-on:

The path taken at the start of RE2 is perfectly visible :v:

large_gourd
Jan 17, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Momomo posted:

doesn't really bother me but i don't understand why they did it. the only reason i can think of is a bad one, that they wanted him to be liked by ignorant people who can't identify with someone who has an accent. since his role is obviously bigger.

but it doesn't even matter cos really who gives a poo poo about carlos anyway, it's jill's game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Man, reading some of these reviews of the demo is tampering my enthusiasm a bit.

I hope the whole game isn't trying to do poo poo while dodging and running from Nemesis. I didn't really care for Mr X in RE2 because it took me out of what I really enjoy about the game which is measured exploration and being careful. I prefer to actually go slow in these games for whatever reason, and I know that flies in the face of speed running and poo poo but if I'm just constantly in hauling rear end mode with an unbeatable enemy constantly loving with me I don't think I'll care for it as much.

That said, I do recall enjoying the original game but don't remember much about it all - and I like that too.

I fired up RE2 remake this wkd because my son loves watching me play it and he's a good navigator. It's so much more fun when you've forgotten everything but still have the muscle memory IMO. And speaking of forgetting poo poo, I made it out of the RCPD with a bunch of extra boards and dropped them to free up inventory space, completely forgetting that I need to come BACK and that west hallway needs boarding up. So I have that to look forward to.

Also found a Red Book and somehow remembered that I was supposed to open it up and get a gem or a key or something but apparently not. No idea where to use that fucker.

Very much looking forward to the RE3 release since it comes at the perfect time as we all are forced to stay inside and this is one of my favorite franchises next to Arkham. Weird though that the game I'm most looking forward too involves a viral outbreak. Slightly bummed also to hear that the new Doom is not all it should have been though since I was considering picking that up but think I'm gonna wait til I see it at a flea market or something. Oh well. I can still reboot RE7 or EW2 since I forgot everything about those games too and can scratch my horror itch.

Also have Fallout 4, Hitman Chronicles and Dead Rising 3 laying around waiting to be played in TYOOL 2020 where there's not much else to do besides play video games so I have some good games to kill time with

Geez...sorry for :words:...I'm stuck inside.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I'm not sure what people expect from Nemesis. Do they expect him to hold your hand? Bring you a coffee? He is a ruthless killing machine, but modernized in a game engine that doesn't operate on a room by room basis.

The tentacle does seem cheap though

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Mr X was just a taste of what modern design might do with Nemesis.

Don't get to see much of him in the demo, but I'm really hoping they manage to invoke that feeling of being hunted which the original RE3 couldn't quite nail due to technological constraints.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

there was a stream of the broken street date version and i saw two bits, game is gonna be incredible. saw the view of the clock tower in the distant over a river and the city, looks beautiful also saw... lets say, destructible environments and leave it at that :eyepop:

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
I’m still trying to figure out how it is that Mr. X (and presumably Nemesis too, haven’t played the demo yet) are strong enough to punch through concrete walls and twist steel, but our beloved human protagonists can somehow survive being punched in the face by them.

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

Duh, immunity to the G-virus also confers partial immunity to things made by the G-virus, obviously.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

Zugzwang posted:

I’m still trying to figure out how it is that Mr. X (and presumably Nemesis too, haven’t played the demo yet) are strong enough to punch through concrete walls and twist steel, but our beloved human protagonists can somehow survive being punched in the face by them.

Nemesis's abilities operate on a Vancian system, and his "Punch through Concrete" skill only works a couple of times a day.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

uhhh theres code in the re3r demo data that suggests a switch port lmao. just stuff like references to the nintendo eshop and "dont turn off your nintendo switch while saving". :eyepop: could be leftover reengine code? who knows anymore.

https://www.relyonhorror.com/latest-news/resident-evil-3-remake-datamine-may-suggest-switch-port/

Vikar Jerome fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Mar 21, 2020

lurker2006
Jul 30, 2019

Zugzwang posted:

Walls don't have any give.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Jill Valentine can survive a rocket to the face and can slow down time.