Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Abysmally. We've gone from 40-50k in sales daily, to 2500. I'm running 77% labor with a skeleton crew, and layoff talk has begun. I'm apparently not exempt from that, either.

So I guess we'll see if my career is over soon.

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm not in a position to do anything about it, but I hate to see it happen. Be as well as you can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Abysmally. We've gone from 40-50k in sales daily, to 2500.
:stonk:

Jesus. I don't really have more to say beyond, like, wow that sucks.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
There's a lot of layoffs at the restaurants here in Portland, supposedly to let those affected apply for unemployment.

Still sucks though. Good luck, goon.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
Good luck to you.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Shutting down today. Furloughing our staff with plans to bring everyone back on when the dust settles. All our food inventory is being given to staff and recorded as waste. Wish me luck, and hopefully we see you on the other side.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Shutting down today. Furloughing our staff with plans to bring everyone back on when the dust settles. All our food inventory is being given to staff and recorded as waste. Wish me luck, and hopefully we see you on the other side.

Ugh. Good thoughts headed the way of you and your staff!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Good luck to you and your coworkers!

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."
Good luck to you and everyone else impacted.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

If it is a small morsel of comfort: at least you are reducing your chance of getting sick from your unhygienic customers, bringing in germs from across the country.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

You and your staff be well and we’ll see you soon.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Good luck, restaurant goon. What's the most expensive food item you're giving away? How is the food being split?

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Good luck.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
I'm sorry, man. I really enjoyed this thread and I hope you and your employees are gonna be okay.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

Good luck to you and yours.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Android Apocalypse posted:

Good luck, restaurant goon. What's the most expensive food item you're giving away? How is the food being split?

Probably the proteins, brisket and such. It's going to be free for all really. There is a LOT of food. Whatever doesn't get taken I'm going to see if the local food bank will take, but it's all perishable stuff so probably not.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Well assuming society still exists when the dust settles I'll be headed back to Orlando for school/work so you can count on at least one customer coming through when you reopen.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Probably the proteins, brisket and such. It's going to be free for all really. There is a LOT of food. Whatever doesn't get taken I'm going to see if the local food bank will take, but it's all perishable stuff so probably not.

Homeless shelter? They go through perishable foods very quickly.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Midjack posted:

Homeless shelter? They go through perishable foods very quickly.

Good idea, I'll look into that.

Mykkel
Oct 8, 2012

we were somewhere around hesaim on the edge of the spinward marches when the drugs began to take hold.

drat. I've enjoyed your restaurant every time I've flown Southwest out of MCO. Good luck to you and your family.

Kazak_Hstan
Apr 28, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Sorry man =(

I hope we survive in a way that lets you reopen with minimum fuss afterward.

Good on you for sending the food home with people. I'm sure a bunch of restaurants are not doing that.

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

A friend works at an emergency shelter and they've been overwhelmed with donations from closed restaurants. I've been running a food pantry out of my apartment for friends, family, and out of work service industry friends for the last three days, and will continue to do so until things slow down.

I wish you the best, this is going to be a long slow disaster, think about how you handle the next six months, not the next two weeks.

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

Cheering for you and your comeback

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

is there a Food Not Bombs group near you? There's probably some kind of ad-hoc mutual aid group forming in your region.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

is there a Food Not Bombs group near you? There's probably some kind of ad-hoc mutual aid group forming in your region.

There is, I used to work with them, great idea.

KodiakRS
Jul 11, 2012

:stonk:

drat. As a pilot who, for reasons I can't explain, is still working his full schedule I rely heavily on restaurants like yours. Here's hoping we all get back on our feet quickly.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

KodiakRS posted:

drat. As a pilot who, for reasons I can't explain, is still working his full schedule I rely heavily on restaurants like yours. Here's hoping we all get back on our feet quickly.

Are you a commercial pilot? I read somewhere that airlines are maintaining flight schedules to retain their flight time... window thingy (the hours in the day when flights go from A to B).

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

Yeah airlines get allotted flight slots at certain times and if they don't fly something then they get it taken away, so you've got planes with like four filled seats flying anyways just to keep the slot.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Well poo poo, that's nuts.

I hope they use the smallest plane that can do that flight.

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Android Apocalypse posted:

Well poo poo, that's nuts.

I hope they use the smallest plane that can do that flight.

Airlines are obsessive about cost minimization, so I'd guess it's the plane that has the lowest per-flight-mile cost. So either the most fuel efficient, or nearly so but cheaper to maintain.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Fuel's cheap again, fire up the 727s!

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

There is, I used to work with them, great idea.

one of my other food service friends has been selling people bulk premade meals. if you or they have a lead on an open commercial kitchen, that might help keep you afloat for a while :-/

this really blows dogg. do you at least get to keep access to your restaurant supply depot card?

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

peanut posted:

Cheering for you and your comeback

quidditch it and quit it
Oct 11, 2012

Best of luck, Mr Anarchist - I was a chef for ten years, and most of my friends still are (I managed to get out and have never been more grateful as right now). We all live in a county in England that is basically just tourism-focused.

They are all hosed. No hours, no tips, no customers. Restaurants won’t pay them anything to keep them on because there probably aren’t going to be any restaurants after this summer because no one is going to have enough money to come here on holiday.

Stay safe, goons.

Thomamelas
Mar 11, 2009

Crazycryodude posted:

Yeah airlines get allotted flight slots at certain times and if they don't fly something then they get it taken away, so you've got planes with like four filled seats flying anyways just to keep the slot.

The FAA suspended that rule a week ago. Also the scheduling regulators at the airports that manage gates by schedule have been told to ignore this period. So you might see positioning flights where one leg is empty but you shouldn't be seeing ghost flights.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Sorry to hear it, Sandwich. My place tried to do take out last week, and it just wasn't worth it. I haven't been called in since last Sunday. Kudos for donating your food, that's really cool of y'all.

Is this Chili's in your port, or the other one? This story absolutely disgusted me.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/03/20/orlando-airport-chilis-asks-servers-to-come-in-and-clean-then-fires-them

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Sorry to hear it, Sandwich. My place tried to do take out last week, and it just wasn't worth it. I haven't been called in since last Sunday. Kudos for donating your food, that's really cool of y'all.

Is this Chili's in your port, or the other one? This story absolutely disgusted me.

https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2020/03/20/orlando-airport-chilis-asks-servers-to-come-in-and-clean-then-fires-them

Yeah that's in our airport. HMS Host is a horrible company.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
stay safe airport restauranteur ghost

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Straight White Shark posted:

stay safe airport restauranteur ghost

...ghost? :ohdear:

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year
I think they meant to say host, but then had a sudden mysterious dry cough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Crosspost from restaurant industry thread

Had a repair guy come in today to fix one of the walk ins that was leaking. He told the people that I still had there for finishing the break down that he had the virus and wasn't telling his boss, that he went on a cruise and caught it, described symptoms, was taking medication etc. Was very serious and had a whole elaborate story. Touched all of our food, all kinds of equipment, had interacted with my entire staff.

My staff freaked out and basically ran, and my sous called me, I was already on the way in. After a few calls between our GM and the repair company, we find out he was joking! Making a funny joke! Haha!

I got in and tore him apart. Dude said he is "protected by jesus" and so can't get sick, so it's all a big joke to him. Ended up speaking to the dispatch manager who assured me they are taking every precaution, checking temps of their workers every morning etc etc. I told him that there is something wrong mentally and morally with the tech, and demanded his job. They said they will certainly be having a very serious discussion with the tech about his future with them. Manager was taking it very seriously and was audibly enraged.

Like what the gently caress. That's like screaming fire in a movie theater, or saying bomb on a an airplane post 9/11. Way to end your career over a Funny Joke Jimmy, you greasy loving slob piece of poo poo. Tell jesus I said hi when he sends you downstairs.