Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Full Collapse
Dec 4, 2002

Lead out in cuffs posted:

[...] mass-purchased with the intention of reselling to desperate people [...]

There's really nothing more America.

What are they charged with, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Minto Took posted:

1%ing without a sufficient bank account.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255
I have roughly 40 Kirky Ales left over from a 48 pack from a year or so back.

Just saying.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Minto Took posted:

Price Gouging

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

mds2 posted:

I have roughly 40 Kirky Ales left over from a 48 pack from a year or so back.

Just saying.

Sounds like a quarantine toxx challenge to me.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I can confirm that the majority of corp employees are wfh now. Not sure about travel. Gonna be interesting when this slows down though as wfh was a big no-no before.
Went to 2 warehouses yesterday, Issaquah and Tukwila. Was really impressed how both were dealing with store member counts, inventory signs, and social distancing. Issaquah had an employee out front standing on pallets with a bullhorn extolling the benefits of social distancing. It felt like the Costco version of the washy-washy guy on a cruise.

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

Minto Took posted:

A lot of places have specific laws against this that come into effect when they declare a state of emergency. There's been one famous story doing the rounds on news sites of a guy in Tennessee. Then Tennessee declared a state of emergency and went after him.

Here in BC they explicitly said that it was one of the reasons to declare a state of emergency.

You could also argue that it's racketeering, in that the people buying up the hand san and TP are artificially creating scarcity to increase their profit. I'm not sure if anywhere is using that line of argument though.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Possession with Intent to Distribute (just kidding)

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

I kind of wish we were down to spam being the only protein available, just to see what inventive recipes we could come up with to make it interesting.

In most places they've also been arresting the people who mass-purchased with the intention of reselling to desperate people, which is also satisfying.

I'd love to believe this is true, but I have not seen any evidence.
(I have been avoiding most media outlets)

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

Costco I go to replaced the food court tables with a row of new cars.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

phosdex posted:

Costco I go to replaced the food court tables with a row of new cars.

It makes for a nice private dining experience but you'd think they'd be worried about people spilling food or drinks on the upholstery.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Instead of a bidet I'm going to get this.

https://i.imgur.com/lNs7hAH.mp4

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

Hasselblad posted:

I kind of wish we were down to spam being the only protein available, just to see what inventive recipes we could come up with to make it interesting.

I'd love to believe this is true, but I have not seen any evidence.
(I have been avoiding most media outlets)

There's a link a couple of posts up. Here another:

Keru posted:

It got better, the Tennesse AG office confiscated everything.

https://twitter.com/HunterHoagland/status/1239214617064288259

Of course, there are a ton of tweets along the lines of "how dare the evil government penalize a good American for taking advantage of a business opportunity", so the other poster's comment above about this being the most American thing ever seems apt.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.
I Costco'd today. I was just supposed to meet my wife and bring the cold stuff home so she could head to work, but I ended up just driving there a little early and going in with the first group. Not too nuts, but they were handing out toilet paper and paper towels in the main aisle as you walked in and it looked like they only had a single pallet of name brand stuff for each.

Everyone was pretty well behaved, but the guy behind us in the line was an rear end in a top hat. He went in early as an over-60, bought a his limit of hard to get items, came back out and then tried to pay one of the employees $20 to let him in again. No luck there, but that's okay because he had 3 other members of his family all waiting in line with carts and they came in and each got their limits of toilet paper and paper towels.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer

BeastOfExmoor posted:

I Costco'd today. I was just supposed to meet my wife and bring the cold stuff home so she could head to work, but I ended up just driving there a little early and going in with the first group. Not too nuts, but they were handing out toilet paper and paper towels in the main aisle as you walked in and it looked like they only had a single pallet of name brand stuff for each.

Everyone was pretty well behaved, but the guy behind us in the line was an rear end in a top hat. He went in early as an over-60, bought a his limit of hard to get items, came back out and then tried to pay one of the employees $20 to let him in again. No luck there, but that's okay because he had 3 other members of his family all waiting in line with carts and they came in and each got their limits of toilet paper and paper towels.
Remember when a bunch of old Japanese people volunteered to help cleanup after Fukushima because they didn't want younger people taking the risk?

Boomers in this country would just make their grandchildren do it, tell them radiation "builds character."

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019

Thanatosian posted:

Remember when a bunch of old Japanese people volunteered to help cleanup after Fukushima because they didn't want younger people taking the risk?

Boomers in this country would just make their grandchildren do it, tell them radiation "builds character."

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Also, get rekt hoarders and profiteers:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Someone teach them how to hide headers and footers.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

astral posted:

Yeah that hurts to look at.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
I gotta make a trip tomorrow to stock up. Fingers crossed it's not too bad

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

AF posted:

I gotta make a trip tomorrow to stock up. Fingers crossed it's not too bad

lol

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

My trip to Costco Wednesday afternoon was alright. They were out of TP and some other crap I didn't care about but I was able to spend way too much money on food and meds.

I have so much waffle mix now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

JK Fresco posted:

Also, get rekt hoarders and profiteers:

lmao I love this

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
Been afraid to try the local Costco, but my sister tried one further north and couldn't get any paper or hand sanitizer. I thought I'd be clever and hit up a Fiesta to juke all the racist boomer shoppers, but even they didn't have any Purell or TP. Did manage to snag a few packs of paper towels for the parent's and refilled my Chobani supplies so overall I'd say it was a success.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

There's a link a couple of posts up. Here another:

Of course, there are a ton of tweets along the lines of "how dare the evil government penalize a good American for taking advantage of a business opportunity", so the other poster's comment above about this being the most American thing ever seems apt.

Andrew Ryan: "NEED I REMIND YOU THAT FREE ENTERPRISE IS

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

astral posted:

*carries printer to costco*

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Alan Smithee posted:

*carries printer to costco*

Excellent; they can pay you in toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, water, rice, and lysol.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

astral posted:

Excellent; they can pay you in toilet paper, paper towels, sanitizing wipes, water, rice, and lysol.

I would legit do it lol

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Thanatosian posted:

Idiocy is not solely a boomer trait.
edit: Japanese are however, pretty damned cool.

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Mar 20, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
https://twitter.com/Emily_R_King/status/1240473729974460416

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

Yea I thought I was asking for it too, but it was surprisingly great! Very quiet, inventory was good minus the hoarding items, and very short lines. Very pleasant experience

Tremors
Aug 16, 2006

What happened to the legendary Chris Redfield, huh? What happened to you?!
There was a line to get into church this afternoon. First time I've been to it since they started limiting how many people could be in the store at once. After I was in the shopping experience was great. Walls upon walls of toilet paper. It was a bit unsettling to see zero chicken breast available but most other items were in stock.

.Z.
Jan 12, 2008

Looks like the Seattle area Costcos have figured out what level of toilet paper to have out.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Are there rotisseries lately at Costco? Not that it's the same thing, just curious. I'm not stepping foot into Costco until all this poo poo is done but my local grocery store has a shitload of rotisserie chickens.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
^ yup, we got one. There was limit of one per person. A good bit less salty and drier than usual for some reason. Still tasty.

.Z. posted:

Looks like the Seattle area Costcos have figured out what level of toilet paper to have out.

:eyepop:

We're still out of it over here. No frozen chicken thighs either, but we had breasts and tenderloins :shrug:

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi
accidental phone double post

astral
Apr 26, 2004

.Z. posted:

I went today (southern California): no paper products in sight but they had ridiculous amounts of bottled water. Frozen food area was half wasteland and half full stock.

Easiest Costco parking I've ever seen and no line to get in. Store was about as busy as normal, though not much in the way of a line at checkout. A friendly man behind me in the checkout line shared his open mouth coughs with my cart and conveyor belt of goods though, so that was nice.

Can confirm rotisserie chickens, limit 1 though.

BeastOfExmoor
Aug 19, 2003

I will be gone, but not forever.

.Z. posted:

Honestly, if they can just get a ton of photos like this on social media the "shortage" will evaporate overnight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

astral
Apr 26, 2004

BeastOfExmoor posted:

Honestly, if they can just get a ton of photos like this on social media the "shortage" will evaporate overnight.

Nah, people will panic and rush to buy those because "they might run out again".