Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

loving hell does that useless oval office get paid per mistake?

Yes. Yes he does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
I just don't get it with Blair. He loving sucks and everyone can see it but he keeps getting picked. Reminds me he was dropped to reserve grade either last year or the year before, I watched the reserve grade game and he was just as hopeless at that level but lo and behold, straight back into first grade.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Yay raiders again. But that was deeply unimpressive. Not a good advertisement for rugby league that one.

Feel sorry for Warriors fans. At least in the past when they were poo poo, they threw the ball around and were fun. Now they are boring AND poo poo. Worst of both worlds.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Haha the fans over the fence at Leichardt loving it

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL

Smorgasbord posted:

I just don't get it with Blair. He loving sucks and everyone can see it but he keeps getting picked. Reminds me he was dropped to reserve grade either last year or the year before, I watched the reserve grade game and he was just as hopeless at that level but lo and behold, straight back into first grade.

I don't remember him ever getting dropped. What I do remember is Kearney frequently threatening to drop players for poor performance and continually picking the same squad, sometimes with the excuse of being bound by the salary cap. Kearney sucks at holding players accountable, as well as picking a squad, managing interchanges and having players in the right position.

Smorgasbord posted:

Haha the fans over the fence at Leichardt loving it

Good on those guys.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Niiice DCE!

Just need to hold on a little longer. :pray:

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Turbo was on fire yesterday. Favourite moment (:lol: Keary):

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1241269410528018433

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Fanatic posted:

Turbo was on fire yesterday. Favourite moment (:lol: Keary):

https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1241269410528018433

Im so smashing my Rooster lover about this.

Shame I cant do it in the office

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
Well this is extremely lazy from the Tigers.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Question from Kiwiland- can the NRL continue with the NSW/Victoria lockdowns which have been announced today?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Resident Idiot posted:

Well this is extremely lazy from the Tigers.

You're not wrong

Although that'll help

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Jono C posted:

Question from Kiwiland- can the NRL continue with the NSW/Victoria lockdowns which have been announced today?

AFL expected to shut down today, apparently V'Landys thinks he has a cunning plan to carry on.

I liked the Idea of setting up all the teams in camp at Caliope and flying them in and out of Brisbane/Townsville for the games.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Love that somehow the refs couldn't find the shoulder charge penalty when both the shoulder and head involve were injured

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

iajanus posted:

Love that somehow the refs couldn't find the shoulder charge penalty when both the shoulder and head involve were injured

That was a textbook report scenario. Two refs, two touch judges and all the clowns in the bunker somehow missed it. And people wonder why we bag the officials.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

For fucks sake

Tigers having a great set, Knights trainers get the ref to stop the game so their player 50m away can walk off the field.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Thanks Foxtel, I really needed to see that guy throwing up on the field.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

That was a nice pass by Reynolds.

The score is very flattering to the Tigers.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

Jono C posted:

That was a nice pass by Reynolds.

tigers to get close enough to make the loss a bit more special

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Abalone Malone posted:

tigers to get close enough to make the loss a bit more special

I'm most of the way through a two hour run on the treadmill and the Tigers are conspiring to be the most painful part of my day

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

It is.

The AFL has been shitcanned for a bit. Only the two 'Leagues are still going. For now.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

A competent league in this situation would be trying to get their sport on every screen around the world for free

Note I said "competent*

ili
Jul 26, 2003

From what I've read the NRL are trying but also fox hold a lot of international rights and are being cunts about it.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving

Hook

Nofa

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Who’s 2 for the Tigers? that was embarrassing

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Is defending bombs optional when the Tigers practice?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

Who’s 2 for the Tigers? that was embarrassing

Nofalouma

And lol thanks Knights for keeping us close

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
that looked like a clear strip to me but eh

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

bowmore posted:

Who’s the Tigers? that was embarrassing

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
those Leilua boys are a handful

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
I wonder if the Leichhardt crowd might have had an effect after those penalties, in other circumstances.

And also lol the Tigers still being within 2.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

The tigers are literally asleep, and the Knights are mashing the self-destruct button every opportunity they get

The perfect match for an 80 point thriller

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
perfect example of a tigers and knights game

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

I've watched us lose by 60 points on a few occasions and this is the worst and laziest performance I've ever watched.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

This may not be the best quality footy but at least it’s entertaining. As someone who has suffered through 160 minutes of the Warriors this year, this is much better to watch.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Jono C posted:

This may not be the best quality footy but at least it’s entertaining. As someone who has suffered through 160 minutes of the Warriors this year, this is much better to watch.
you make a good point

Resident Idiot
May 11, 2007

Maxine13
Grimey Drawer
It's difficult to get a read on how good Newcastle are, because the Tigers are not good at the whole football thing.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Madge needs to execute someone after this as a warning to the others.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
a bit of thuggery at the end there

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Watson so slippery!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008