Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i spent one day working from work and then the lab supplier called and said we aren't getting supplies for another week so now i'm back to wfh

it snowed a lot today though and i got out on the ski trails before anyone else. love breaking that fresh pow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Achmed Jones posted:

our dishwasher broke this morning

almost same for waste disposal op

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

shelter in place order imminent

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i worked one hour today.

i played doom for seven.

this was a good day.

i still feel under the weather but was able to lift today, so i'm overall im good

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

I don't have new Doom but that's okay because I haven't finished the first one or the 50 billion other games in my backlog

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

isolation update:

using a multimeter w/ temp probe to check my body temp

finally beat mario odyssey

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

bored and tbh wish i wasnt single rn

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
Was oncall today, am oncall this weekend.

Been working more productively these past two weeks than ever. I think I "know how to work from home."

But I'm also working longer than intended, in part cause my roommate is working 12 hour days helping the poor (free legal aid, mostly medical/benefits related)

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

isolation update:

using a multimeter w/ temp probe to check my body temp

finally beat mario odyssey

fyi those are only accurate if you use them rectally

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

Poopernickel posted:

fyi those are only accurate if you use them rectally

joycons aren’t that inaccurate

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

ShadowHawk posted:

Was oncall today, am oncall this weekend.

Been working more productively these past two weeks than ever. I think I "know how to work from home."

But I'm also working longer than intended, in part cause my roommate is working 12 hour days helping the poor (free legal aid, mostly medical/benefits related)

your roommate sounds cool. you’d be that cool if you broke all of googles ad servers.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Gotta say, I have a newfound appreciation for grocery store stockers

I didn't look down on them before or anything but making computer go boop seems like an extra right now

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

started w/ gf like two weeks before this started and we are getting to know each other on a very accelerated schedule

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

tbh wish i wasnt single rn

hooooooooooo yeah, right there with you

Farmer Crack-Ass fucked around with this message at 06:56 on Mar 21, 2020

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

My tinder tagline right now is:

I have enough toilet paper for 2

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

wanna hang out and get a deadly disease (not sexually transmitted)?

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

majorly feeling that.

even fuckin tinder doesn't seem to work at all for me. probably because I'm a short motherfucker with long-rear end hippie hair and a computer toucher to boot.

just want someone to fall asleep next to on the couch after polishing off a bottle of cheap wine together

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

my chair at home sucks rear end to work on for hours at a time I want to break into my work and take my work chair that is at work which is not a farm.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

my work is also not a farm

stinch
Nov 21, 2013

SO DEMANDING posted:

man we are going to get hilariously hosed over by a combination of JIT bullshit and moving so much manufacturing overseas

China is about to flex their industrial muscle as part of a desperate pr war. there must be tens of thousands of passenger planes with nothing to do.

us as the richest and most powerful country in the world from the outside at least appears to be getting hosed over by incompetence at the federal level and societal performs more than anything else.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

stinch posted:

China is about to flex their industrial muscle as part of a desperate pr war. there must be tens of thousands of passenger planes with nothing to do.

Dying because I was hooked to a shoddy respirator running on stolen firmware donated by our friends at the ccp

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gently caress I hate webex

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

stop resource hogging my seriously out of date office issued HP laptop

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fuckssake

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

also I hear rats rooting in the ceiling I bet they wouldn’t do that in an office working environment

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

my chair at home sucks rear end to work on for hours at a time I want to break into my work and take my work chair that is at work which is not a farm.

they use springs and poo poo but tractor seats definitely suck especially if it’s one of those old timey metal ones what with the holes in it.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

gently caress yoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Seriously I bought this chair from Office Max for $10 about 10 years ago and I thought I am never going to need an office chair because I am Mr. farm man farmer man but noooooooooooooooooooo and I can't be rooted getting a proper chair so I will just have to get used to this ten buck disgrace unless I break into my work and get my super awesome chair that my employer spend hundreds of cold hard kiwi bucks on just for me

they care for me, my office superiors.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i’m using a wooden kitchen chair and it’s surprisingly needs suiting. really wouldn’t expect it to be but it’s just right for me, in my wfh life.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

been rewatching Narcos the past few days and it's kind of a weird thing how they all hyped up the long journey to the death of Pablo Escobar, both in the show and in reality

not that I'm trying to glorify drug kingpins but it's two seasons of "when are they gonna kill Pablo" and the back half of the second season is all about him and his family and it's kinda actually devastating when he finally eats a bullet. like, yeah, okay, dude ordered the assassination of thousands of people, but he was a family man as well?

it's weird. I actually feel worse about Pablo loving Escobar's death than I do someone like John Lennon

1am beer and netflix thoughts

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

unpacked robinhood posted:

I walked 300m and hid between rocks because I don't want a 135€ fine, very cool.

I hope they innovate on the lockdown a bit - be allowed out if your house number is even and the day is in low risk areas, lotteries by commune for passes, idk there are loads of options for making the lockdown more sustainable safely, and there are a lot of people out of work so it should be possible to administer even the most beaurocratic schemes.

distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

I've actually seen very good compliance overall, except for homeless people but that isn't their fault .

distortion park fucked around with this message at 10:02 on Mar 21, 2020

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/1241116810138865665

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

home Herman Miller crew supremacy

Mahatma Goonsay
Jun 6, 2007
Yum
CEO basically told us we can handle 2-3 more months of this before layoffs

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

pointsofdata posted:

I hope they innovate on the lockdown a bit - be allowed out if your house number is even and the day is in low risk areas, lotteries by commune for passes, idk there are loads of options for making the lockdown more sustainable safely, and there are a lot of people out of work so it should be possible to administer even the most beaurocratic schemes.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Mahatma Goonsay posted:

CEO basically told us we can handle 2-3 more months of this before layoffs

we already furloughed 10% of the company and there will definitely be more each month this goes on :/

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006
not worried myself bc video game numbers go up

our cto remarked that we are basically war profiteers

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Zlodo posted:

not worried myself bc video game numbers go up

our cto remarked that we are basically war profiteers

And now they’re shielded in that comfortable remark

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

cool cool my work is closed until further notice as ordered by state governor

right now i'm only guaranteed pay until the end of march, lol. have to wait and see if it'll continue after that.

at least resident evil 3 is coming out soon. if that gets somehow delayed i swear to god i'll find a cure for this poo poo myself