Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Forgive me father for I have sinned - it has been 3 weeks since my last confession.

I ordered from costco.com tonight rather than going to the store. Most everything on my list was out of stock. It completely forgot what was in my cart and I had to restart the whole order when I was nearly done and then when I put everything back in and went to pay I realized I couldn't use my executive membership cash back certificate. I think i'll go to the store next time...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Tremors posted:

There was a line to get into church this afternoon. First time I've been to it since they started limiting how many people could be in the store at once. After I was in the shopping experience was great. Walls upon walls of toilet paper. It was a bit unsettling to see zero chicken breast available but most other items were in stock.

Thighs are better anyways.
I went in to one of the central OH ones today. No TP, but most everything else was there. I got more of the plastic Snapwares, and two cases of the Bai water. And also the Bitchin sauce. And dammit, it's good.

e - also no line to get in here and minimal attempts at spacing except at the registers which were moving quickly. We've got less than 200 cases currently, and 14 in my county. It's mostly in the NE now.

Mercedes Colomar fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Mar 21, 2020

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

Manuel Calavera posted:

e - also no line to get in here and minimal attempts at spacing except at the registers which were moving quickly. We've got less than 200 cases currently, and 14 in my county. It's mostly in the NE now.
<200 known cases, plus 14 known cases in your county. The actual numbers are way higher due to appalling levels of undertesting, sorry.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

schreibs posted:

Forgive me father for I have sinned - it has been 3 weeks since my last confession.

I ordered from costco.com tonight rather than going to the store. Most everything on my list was out of stock. It completely forgot what was in my cart and I had to restart the whole order when I was nearly done and then when I put everything back in and went to pay I realized I couldn't use my executive membership cash back certificate. I think i'll go to the store next time...

The website is absolute garbage, and has been for years.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Want to order from Costco.com but no laundry detergent available of any kind

Argh, thats what we need

drat

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Spinz posted:

Argh, thats what we need

drat

There was a ton of Tide in my local Costco today, at least. Best of luck.

Noob Saibot
Jan 29, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

JK Fresco posted:

Also, get rekt hoarders and profiteers:

Should have been day one

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Tim Whatley posted:

Are there rotisseries lately at Costco? Not that it's the same thing, just curious. I'm not stepping foot into Costco until all this poo poo is done but my local grocery store has a shitload of rotisserie chickens.

Went Friday ("yesterday") in Van Nuys which is north LA , got there 30 mins before opening, line moved enough that I got in around opening. Got TP and they probably ran out not long after I did. PT followed suit shortly afterward. Plenty of water seems like. Lot of people grabbing them chickens but after the initial zerg rush it seemed to even out

astral posted:

I went today (southern California): no paper products in sight but they had ridiculous amounts of bottled water. Frozen food area was half wasteland and half full stock.

Easiest Costco parking I've ever seen and no line to get in. Store was about as busy as normal, though not much in the way of a line at checkout. A friendly man behind me in the checkout line shared his open mouth coughs with my cart and conveyor belt of goods though, so that was nice.

Can confirm rotisserie chickens, limit 1 though.

get there before opening. You don't have to camp out (please dont loving do that) just get there at a reasonably early time.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

also from what I'm hearing hand sanitizer is the hardest poo poo to come by since they don't get re-upped everyday

grillster
Dec 25, 2004

:chaostrump:
Gasoline is a good alternative plus if it hot out is has a nice soothing, cool breeze minty effect on the skin.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Zugzwang posted:

<200 known cases, plus 14 known cases in your county. The actual numbers are way higher due to appalling levels of undertesting, sorry.

Well yeah :v:. I keep mentioning all over threads, but I cook at a hospital so we're just waiting for it to get worse.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

grillster posted:

Gasoline is a good alternative plus if it hot out is has a nice soothing, cool breeze minty effect on the skin.

Don’t forget to stop at the food court and get an

Orange mocha Frappuccino

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Spinz posted:

Argh, thats what we need

drat

All of the local grocery stores I've been to have laundry detergent, dish soap, and dishwasher detergent, shower soap, and shampoo. Only thing missing is bathroom hand soap and toilet paper and paper towels and meat and flour and rice.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

i can't buy tp online or in store, but what does apple care. buy a new ipad now (while supplies last)!

the wheel of capitalism keeps churning

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Stopped by Costco two hours before it opened, out of curiosity. Others had the line wrapped around the building.

At this rate we will have to get some other cat food because loving hell, no brand is worth this.

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

Cowslips Warren posted:

Stopped by Costco two hours before it opened, out of curiosity. Others had the line wrapped around the building.

At this rate we will have to get some other cat food because loving hell, no brand is worth this.

Your cat would probably literally eat poo poo, so I don't think it matters.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Universe Master posted:

Your cat would probably literally eat poo poo, so I don't think it matters.

The only issue is, other brands tend to make our cats, and the foster cats, have more poo poo issues. When you foster a lot of cats, one poo poo issue is too much.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

kloa posted:

i can't buy tp online or in store, but what does apple care. buy a new ipad now (while supplies last)!

the wheel of capitalism keeps churning

Weird snark but ok

JK Fresco
Jul 5, 2019
Hopefully the disruption in Chinese supply lines makes pet food safer

legion989
Jan 18, 2013
Noticing my Costco and a lot of local grocery stores are out of chicken breasts and thighs but nobody seems to be purchasing drumsticks. There are tons of chicken drumsticks I don't get it

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

people enjoy drumsticks? :confused:

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

kloa posted:

Uh, dark meat rules and drumsticks are good for putting in the convection oven. Real nice and juicy

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I'm glad everyone's buying up breasts and leaving thighs for me. :getin:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

kloa posted:

You... don't?

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

Grand Fromage posted:

I'm glad everyone's buying up breasts and leaving thighs for me. :getin:

gently caress yeah, thigh power

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Volmarias posted:

You... don't?

i prefer thighs for dark meat

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
I spoke with a friend of mine who deals with huge industrial paper equipment. He told me he’s in talks to get some more equipment with the main supplier of Kirkland brand for TP. There plant is in Canada and they are producing as fast as they can.

Lot of ramping up production of cardboard for packaging and shipping boxes right now as well.

Just an FYI for the thread :)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
As I've gotten older my tastes have changed. When I was a kid I liked drumsticks because they're fun to eat. Then I got older and was into breasts for a really long time because they're healthier and bigger. I mean I still like them of course. Especially frozen boneless. But now, as a regal adult, it's all about the thighs. Juicier, plenty of meat, still can get crispy skin. I've matured.

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Same but my taste in women

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

poisonpill posted:

Same but my taste in women

word it's all about that crispy skin

Cyks
Mar 17, 2008

The trenches of IT can scar a muppet for life
I got the Foster Farms chicken wings the other day and they were really good baked in the oven. Better than most restaurant wings when following the instructions for crispier. I only made a few so I didn't make the sweet Chipotle BBQ sauce but I'll try it next time.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

namlosh posted:

I spoke with a friend of mine who deals with huge industrial paper equipment. He told me he’s in talks to get some more equipment with the main supplier of Kirkland brand for TP. There plant is in Canada and they are producing as fast as they can.

Lot of ramping up production of cardboard for packaging and shipping boxes right now as well.

Just an FYI for the thread :)

Can't wait for all the TP sales in three months when supply has completely swamped over demand.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

SirPablo posted:

Can't wait for all the TP sales in three months when supply has completely swamped over demand.

Nah. They’ll just warehouse it and cut back production a bit.

RoastBeef
Jul 11, 2008

kloa posted:

i prefer thighs for dark meat

Thighs are good too, but drumsticks are usually practically free and about 95% as good. This recipe is time consuming but the result is awesome.

e: has anyone used the Costco Instacart service? My state just issued a stay at home order and I wasn't about to go out before that.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

.Z. posted:

Looks like the Seattle area Costcos have figured out what level of toilet paper to have out.

They're trying to shock and awe the panic buyers.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

RoastBeef posted:

Thighs are good too, but drumsticks are usually practically free and about 95% as good. This recipe is time consuming but the result is awesome.

e: has anyone used the Costco Instacart service? My state just issued a stay at home order and I wasn't about to go out before that.

A friend of mine used Instacart. He said the service fee they charged him was high enough that he won't do it again. This was before pandemic times though so it might be worth paying those fees now. And I think the service fees depend on things like how much stuff you get and distance they have to travel, so it might not be that bad for you. I would probably try it myself, but as a Costco employee who has to be there 5 days a week, I can just get anything I need while I'm there.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I don't really get why there are panic buyers in the first place for really anything. My fiancee is from taiwan so she had been following this from the start and we picked up 1 case of toilet paper (we had ~4 rolls left so it was time) and 1 bag of rice (also time to restock) like 2 weeks before poo poo hit the fan and grocery stores started getting mobbed.

But for like everything else food related, who doesn't already have a pantry or cupboards full of that poo poo? Even when I was single and living in a 1 bedroom, I had wire racks with tons of canned w/e whenever it went on sale.

We didn't bother going out shopping this weekend or last and between canned/dry/frozen stuff we just stock up on when it's cheap we could easily last 1-2 months. It's kind of weird to me anyone other than maybe college students wouldn't be in a similar position. Granted I live in a place with winters that'll keep ya in for a week or two every couple of years but still, canned/dry poo poo goes on sale you just buy a bunch so it's always there when you're lazy and just wanna make a casserole or w/e for dinner.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

ArbitraryC posted:

Granted I live in a place with winters that'll keep ya in for a week or two every couple of years

Found the dissonance. This is not normal in many parts of the US, plus people have experiences with hurricanes etc so are reacting in much the same way (stock up on bottled water and batteries!)

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Volmarias posted:

Found the dissonance. This is not normal in many parts of the US, plus people have experiences with hurricanes etc so are reacting in much the same way (stock up on bottled water and batteries!)

I mean my family did that when I was young and living in seattle, just buying a cupboard full of stuff when it's on sale seems normal to me.

Hell you go to most people's houses, look around the kitchen, and every cabinet if just stuffed full of poo poo they probably forgot they had by now.

An empty fridge with a lone jar of pickles and a bottle of mustard was like a sitcom bachelor thing, not how I imagined most people lived.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
Our poor children are going nuts in isolation. My wife decided we'd buy a playhouse/swingset thing from Costco to set up in the backyard. We had been wanting one anyway, and them being stuck at home for the next month is a good reason to go for it.

She went yesterday, and asked for help up front to load all 5 gigantic boxes on a flatbed. Every employee involved thought she was a lunatic. People stared at her all through the store, and at least one took a picture.

We spent all day and we're halfway through assembly :suicide: