Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Oh boo, they use the term windflower? Call them anemones, people!

So far I've seen in other towns and screenshots: tulips, roses, cosmos, pansies, lilies, violets, windflowers, hyacinths and mums.

Flowers are kind of one of my things irl so of course I'm going a bit nuts trying to find them all!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Is there any other way to get pics we take so we can post them aside from twitter?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Ciaphas posted:

Well that limits that for them, then

How do I NOT destroy rocks & trees when going for more iron/wood?

Make a stone axe instead of a choppy type

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Not a Children posted:

Also don't have eaten any fruit. If you have a toilet, you can poop the fruit out so that it goes away.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Infinitum posted:

Check my earlier post on what you won

Thread is moving fast so I’ll assume I’m about to eat a probation!

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
I bought the digital edition yesterday and just remembered they're supposed to send me a code for a free 7 days of online, but I can't find it. Where does it show up?

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Martian Manfucker posted:

I bought the digital edition yesterday and just remembered they're supposed to send me a code for a free 7 days of online, but I can't find it. Where does it show up?

Typically shows up in the promotions subtab if you're using Gmail. Might have gotten caught in a spam filter.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Infinitum posted:

I got some dumb rockabilly horse for my 2nd island... so I just.. didn't invite them back.

Roscoe? Roscoe is the best. :getout:

Whimsicalfuckery
Sep 6, 2011

I got to 49/50 on the cast master quest and then lost a fish. >:0

Thankfully I built it up again but the counter stayed at 49/50 so I had no idea how close I was getting.

Oh hey and Harvey turned up on my island and offered for me to visit him on his own isle! I didn't know special characters could do that? Or is it just him?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

This game is cute, but the museum really needs to hurry up and open because my pants are full of bugs I need to donate.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Oh thank god, a third line of inventory. That was getting old fast, even with house storage.

Not a Children posted:

Oh ho, gotcha, than-

shortspecialbus posted:

Also don't have eaten any fruit. If you have a toilet, you can poop the fruit out so that it goes away.
:psyduck:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream
Who/what is the ghost?!?!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

Roscoe? Roscoe is the best. :getout:

Clyde.

I already have Buck.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

All I've ever wanted out of life is for someone to reward me for a job well done by giving me a cowboy shirt.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

How do you store stuff? I found a cardboard box, but doesn't seem to do anything. Will stuff I drop on the ground stay there?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Idk who this Gulliver guy is but he punned like hell at me then admitted he only had a couple hours worth of puns left to use while I fixed his communicator. Anyone knowledgeable enough about punning and self-aware enough to know how long they can go is A-OK in my book

Can he be a neighbor :pray:

luchajones
Jan 28, 2018

I have no beard, and I must scream

Ciaphas posted:

Idk who this Gulliver guy is but he punned like hell at me then admitted he only had a couple hours worth of puns left to use while I fixed his communicator. Anyone knowledgeable enough about punning and self-aware enough to know how long they can go is A-OK in my book

Can he be a neighbor :pray:

no

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

son of a bitch this game is absolutely terrible :mad:

How do resources respawn, just over time or with the turn of the day?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

shortspecialbus posted:

If you have a toilet

Wha-what are the villagers without toilets doing?

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real

Not a Children posted:

Typically shows up in the promotions subtab if you're using Gmail. Might have gotten caught in a spam filter.

Hmm, not there and it's not in spam either. Is there a way to get them to resend it? I got the receipt emails, but not the code.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

bromplicated posted:

How do you store stuff? I found a cardboard box, but doesn't seem to do anything. Will stuff I drop on the ground stay there?

I think it will stay. You can place the cardboard box. It can also be used to craft some things i believe. You can store things if you are inside your house

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I got pears

SW-3726-5282-5317

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

I got to the part where I need to reserve land for the 3 animals I invited and holy poo poo why do they need so much land...

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Gripweed posted:

All I've ever wanted out of life is for someone to reward me for a job well done by giving me a cowboy shirt.

Sweety Dungeon Meshi avatar!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

stev posted:

Wha-what are the villagers without toilets doing?

Where do animals usually go.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

LODGE NORTH posted:

You can buy it from Timmy. I think it's 300 bells

Yeah, the issue was I didn't have the DIY recipie, but just touching the shovel i bought gave it to me.

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I dunno about you but I've been making GBS threads in the recycling bin when Nooks not looking.

Hipster Rooster
Feb 7, 2012

I only eat organic grain

My wife is pretty bummed out that all the starting quests are omitting her - she usually is the first one to play each day and the Nook bros didn’t ask her about the store, neither did gulliver show up for her. Is there a bias towards the first player, and when does it end? Can second account do the gullivers quest if I don’t wake him up and let him sleep? Will she be able to choose the spot for the next building if I let her finish the quest (or can I give her the tent to place)?

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

why are there different types of bamboo that's depth I was not prepared for

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

First island I went to had Drago...who apparently is an alligator? That looks like a chinese dragon? Anyway, he seems cool AF and I invited him over :kimchi:

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty
FC: SW-0208-6291-1724
Name: Nathan
Island: Valinor
Fruit: Peaches

How do I visit someone's island, and what should I bring?

Also, where the crap do you get iron? I've donated everything for the shop except iron, and after smacking every rock on my island, I have like 6 pieces.

E: also can I use amiibo/amiibo cards with this game?

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

The realization that I can place house plants outside as well has just opened up landscaping possibilities jfc. Just bought two anthuriums. This is for me.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Oh jeepers. Woke up to new museum started, shop open, house upgraded... but also 3 new villagers wanting to move in?? I visited 3 islands yesterday, but I only invited one of these punks to move in! I wasn't even wanting more than 3 villagers yet, now I'm suddenly going to have 5!?

Also, somewhat amusing that upgrading to a store actually makes things slightly more inconvenient since it's in two places now.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Does anyone use the voice chat thing on your phone? And does it work with anyone who is on the island with you?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
What's the best Bell grind? Ocean fishing? I want to get ahead on house size. I miss the giant bug island.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

DACK FAYDEN posted:

What's the best Bell grind? Ocean fishing? I want to get ahead on house size. I miss the giant bug island.

Fishing, bugs, fossils if you're a seller. Shaking down fruits and shells. I did 3 island raids yesterday and fished and caught bugs n stuff all night and paid off my loans that first day.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

I’m dumb and sold my cardboard box because I didn’t know I could put stuff in it. Can I get it back?

Also, what’s going on with the music? I haven’t played an AC game since the first one but the music this morning is the same as it was last night.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

dantheman650 posted:

I’m dumb and sold my cardboard box because I didn’t know I could put stuff in it. Can I get it back?

Also, what’s going on with the music? I haven’t played an AC game since the first one but the music this morning is the same as it was last night.

You can order it from the catalog when it becomes available, which I guess is when Timmy and Tommy build their shop.

Hourly music apparently doesn't kick in until Resident Services moves from a tent to a building.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

The music is not going to change until later in the game, when it's a bit more of a town and a bit less of a deserted island.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
If you need native fruit in a hurry, remember the Nooklings sell it.