Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

You're in luck it's one giant paragraph

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Cellar door isn't notably nice sounding.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Gripweed posted:

Cellar door isn't notably nice sounding.

Was thinking this the other day, it's just a meme really

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Into the Spider-Verse was an 8/10 movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I can get behind that. It's a solid 8/10 and the style and sheer "this concept shouldn't work as well as it is" audacity elevates it to most people, like a really well made mac and cheese plated with garnishes on nice plates and poo poo. I'll go to bat for it but yeah there's no reason to suck its dick more than is necessary.

The real unpopular opinion-- the Raimi Spider-Man movies kind of suck. They get way more benefit of "oh for 2002/4 this is really well done" than people admit to, and Raimi's bizarre tone choices that make him endearing to film geeks are off-putting to everyone but film geeks. Also as an autistic dude myself-- I don't like Tobey Maguire's borderline autistic version of Peter Parker. Dudes like us don't get to be Spider-Man and no amount of "that's the point" makes his unlikable, uncomfortable self any more enjoyable to watch.

And even if they're "Iron Man. Jr" and owe a lot to what Raimi built, the MCU Spider-Man movies are much more on-point.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

oldpainless posted:

Into the Spider-Verse was an 8/10 movie

I don’t know what score I’d give it, 8 sounds pretty good but it was in my opinion the best marvel movie.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
8/10 at best and Ragnarok and Infinity War were both better. I liked the style, a lot, but it could not make up for the build up.

*Civil War was better too

doverhog
May 31, 2013

doverhog posted:

8/10 at best and Ragnarok and Infinity War were both better. I liked the style, a lot, but it could not make up for the build up.

Easily the best Spiderman movie tho.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
There is exactly one Marvel movie worth more than a 4/10, and also, I have never cared about the life of Prince Charles less than I do now

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

All things considered, Airpods sound loving amazing and work like a dream. Probably one of the best products I've bought in the last decade. gently caress the haters.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I have never found a Zelda game enjoyable enough to finish. Granted, I have lost my copies of two of the four that I’ve played, but in one of those (Ocarina on the 3DS) I was at the point where I always seem to trail off.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I actually like Ocarina and Majora's Mask a lot, but Link's Awakening/A Link to the Past > any other Zelda

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Quentin Tarantino movies are held up by mob mentality only. They aren’t actually good.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Rolo posted:

Quentin Tarantino movies are held up by mob mentality only. They aren’t actually good.

he's been going down a steep hill since Jackie Brown and his most recent movie is complete poo poo, but reservoir dogs and pulp fiction are still really good

unpopular movie opinion: wild at heart is my favorite Lynch movie

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Nah the only truly bad movie Tarantino has made was The Hateful Eight.

• Reservoir Dogs -- good, but grandfathered in a bit in quality because of how fresh Tarantino's style seemed
  • Pulp Fiction -- his masterpiece
  • Jackie Brown -- underrated and his second-best movie, but it's easy to see why people don't remember it as much
  • Kill Bill -- what happens when an artist hits three consecutive winners and runs dry creatively, so they have to remix their influences as a technical exercise while they recharge
  • Death Proof -- see above
  • Inglorious Basterds -- Overrated imo, but still good
  • Django Unchained -- easily his best modern work but the back half is hard to sit through after the first watch
  • The Hateful Eight -- easily the worst thing he's ever put his name to and I'm including Four Rooms. Sally Menke's absence is felt in every frame and every cut.
  • Once Upon a Time in Hollywood -- solid, honestly. Masturbatory af, but self-aware enough (especially in the final scene) and technically competent enough that I don't mind it being a little underwhelming

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

The Hateful Eight was fantastic.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

I travelled to another state to see a 70 mm print. I was in shock at how bad it was. It's a fantastic production, script, and cast in desperate need of an editor.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mind the walrus posted:

I actually like Ocarina and Majora's Mask a lot, but Link's Awakening/A Link to the Past > any other Zelda

I've always preferred the handheld ones.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Aphrodite posted:

I've always preferred the handheld ones.

Ocarina and Majora's Mask are handheld

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Gripweed posted:

they came out on the n64 originally

the minish cap came out on gba and it was good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Animal Crossing is a series of absolutely horrible, stupid, asinine games for people who whittle away their lives

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pick posted:

Animal Crossing is a series of absolutely horrible, stupid, asinine games for people who whittle away their lives

Welcome to video games

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Pick posted:

Pokemon is a series of absolutely horrible, stupid, asinine games for people who whittle away their lives

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Welcome to video games

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Video games are ok in moderation, but remember to gently caress too.

I liked The Hateful Eight, but it's certainly not his best. That's either Jackie Brown or Kill Bill depending on mood.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

Gripweed posted:

Breath of the Wild is handheld.

It's also the best one.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Politeness is not a moral virtue.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Blow it out your rear end.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
The thing to remember about Kill Bill is that it's kind of meant to be partly sarcastic and partly just completely and totally absurd. Tarantino gets poo poo for making movies that are pretty graphic so Kill Bill just turned everything he does with his movies to 11 then says "no, go higher." It's partly an homage to stupid martial arts flicks and partly self-aware about how stupid both it and its genre are. It's one of my favorite movies specifically because it's just completely over the top while going "what, you expected something else?" It isn't trying to be anything historic or deeply artsy; it's just being dumb and it works.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

doverhog posted:

Video games are ok in moderation, but remember to gently caress too.

I liked The Hateful Eight, but it's certainly not his best. That's either Jackie Brown or Kill Bill depending on mood.

No it's not Kill Bill, regardless of mood

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Yeah I really like Kill Bill (and Death Proof for that matter) but it was never his best.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Kill Bill part one was good but Kill Bill part two was poo poo.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

poo poo, really? I agree that part 1 is better, but to call part 2 poo poo makes me question whether you understand anything. About movies, or just in general.

I like Kill Bill because in it Tarantino embraces his "style over substance" nature and just has Uma Thurman in a red haze of vengeance going around killing people with a sword. It's art, like a blood spatter. A book, or Jackie Brown, is also art but there's a difference you know.

doverhog has a new favorite as of 00:15 on Apr 2, 2020

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
Kill Bill was the most boring movie ever filmed.

I never bothered with Part 2.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
But it had Kung Fu and explosions?

I don't get it.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Captain Monkey posted:

Kill Bill was the most boring movie ever filmed.

I never bothered with Part 2.

Someone has never seen Sucker Punch

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007
And I will not see Sucker Punch. :colbert:

Master Twig
Oct 25, 2007

I want to branch out and I'm going to stick with it.
Satan is actually pretty cool.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Captain Monkey posted:

And I will not see Sucker Punch. :colbert:

I want to let you know that you’re making the right choices in life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Pulp Fiction, Hateful Eight, and Inglorious Basterds are the only Tarantino films worth watching, and in that order.

E: Also if no one ever talks with a socal accent to me again it will be too soon.

Every sentence as a nasally pretentious question. No. For fucks sake just never again. Quarantine with one LA born roommate is about to make me stop listening to a shitload of podcasts because of this horrible accent.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 07:59 on Apr 3, 2020