Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MH Knights posted:

The last movies I saw in a theater was 1917. Good movie.

Is it? The thing I heard more than anything was that it turned the Germans into basically disposable goonies that get slaughtered en-masse by the good guys, or something like that. I dunno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Taintrunner posted:

Is it? The thing I heard more than anything was that it turned the Germans into basically disposable goonies that get slaughtered en-masse by the good guys, or something like that. I dunno.

are you thinking of Wonder Woman?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Taintrunner posted:

This is the furthest thing from a valid criticism of that film you could get without banging on about space travel.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Beachcomber posted:

I hope I'm not the only one who initially parsed it like this.

Douglas Fairbanks was quite the dashing gent if I say so myself. We tied an onion to our belts

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

This is the furthest thing from a valid criticism of that film you could get without banging on about space travel.

Well, I guess the grapevine lied to me. Again. gently caress. Guess I'll check it out.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Doggles posted:

https://twitter.com/Erik_Hayden/status/1241179945511972864

Reportedly a rep from Universal was overheard saying, "what are they going to do about it, not show our movies?"

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

Welcome to criticism in 2020 where people just make takes on what they imagine the movie to be.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

« Cinema Discusso › Who Greedlightninged 2020: The Invisible Movie

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
« Cinema Discusso › 2020: Stuck in Development Hell

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Alan Smithee posted:

To no one in particular, I don't really like Greed and think it should be Greenlightninged.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

My Twitter Account posted:

The first movie I ever saw was at a drive-in. My dad took me to see the 1984 re-release of the 1967 The Jungle Book.

edit: there was one near my college where I once saw a double-feature of U-571 (which I remember absolutely nothing about) and The Skulls (which was more fun and I should watch again).

I was apparently a quiet baby so I don't remember the first movie I went to but I remember the first movie I saw alone, my mom brought me to movie theater in the middle of the day to watch Benji: The Hunted and dipped for some reason. That movie has a G rating but the wolf scared the gently caress out of me. Not a great experience.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I wonder what a filmmaker stuck indoors with nothing to do, and access to a computer with animation/editing software would produce.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

The MSJ posted:

I wonder what a filmmaker stuck indoors with nothing to do, and access to a computer with animation/editing software would produce.
Zach King type stuff

or this guy who I'm a little more partial to
https://www.instagram.com/kevinbparry/

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

The MSJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCUze7kuNas

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Alan Smithee posted:

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Cinema Discusso > Took My Roni To The Matinee But The Levee Was Dry

The MSJ posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XO6FW1aJkTw

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

The MSJ posted:

Between shots of him sitting at a laptop, and exterior shots from his back yard, Neil Breen could probably continue unchanged.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
I bought a blue screen and a lighting kit a few weeks ago just to mess around making old-school effects-heavy monster movies in my bedroom like a real fuckin' dork. Now I am shut in my apartment alone and possibly out of work for the foreseeable future, so I'll be making a lot of really dumb little monster movies. Hopefully more Simon Pegg than Neil Breen, but I'm fine with either. I'm happy to be more actual Ed Wood than mythologized Ed Wood.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

could always wear women's clothing in the privacy of your own home

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Chairman Capone posted:

Between shots of him sitting at a laptop, and exterior shots from his back yard, Neil Breen could probably continue unchanged.

Yeah, but now all the cheap actresses without bras has an excuse to stay away from him.

Also no desert scenes, but that's what green screens are for.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Neil Breen is 100% still going out into the desert and trying to hire locals for drug bust gunfight scenes, there’s no way coronavirus is stopping him.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Alan Smithee posted:

could always wear women's clothing in the privacy of your own home

I do that in public :comfysamus:

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I think the last movie I saw in theatres was Cats, and I am very pleased about that.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Nobody actually cares but Knives Out

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Len posted:

Nobody actually cares but Knives Out

The Hunt makes Knives Out look good lol

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
That's because Knives Out was actually decent, whereas The Hunt is one of the worst things I've ever seen put into wide release

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

I did see CATS pre-patch, and I wish I could have ended my theater-going career on that high note.

Antifa Poltergeist
Jun 3, 2004

"We're not laughing with you, we're laughing at you"

Yeah knives out is entertaining, though much of the good will is because of the cast.

The last movie I saw in theaters was the lighthouse.im ok with that.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Last movie I saw in a theater was Deadly Prey, which seems like a good one with which to make an exit from theaters for a few months.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Mine was either Rise of Skywalker or 1917. Whichever one of those was more recent. Pretty decent way to end it either way.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Yeah Portrait of a Lady on Fire is a good one to go out on. It probably would've been Onward if I had been in a better mood last weekend.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

Mine was either Rise of Skywalker or 1917. Whichever one of those was more recent. Pretty decent way to end it either way.
Well, if it was 1917 it was.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Last movie I saw in theaters was Color Out of Space.

Before that, only other movies I saw in theaters in 2020 were 1917 and Uncut Gems. Curious now whether those will be it for the year.

Shrimp or Shrimps
Feb 14, 2012

Star Wars.

lmao

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My last few movies were Cats, Uncut Gems, Parasite, and Color out of Space twice.

I'm ok with that.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Last couple were Invisible Man and a screening of Tourist Trap.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Was color out of space actually good?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Antifa Poltergeist posted:

Yeah knives out is entertaining, though much of the good will is because of the cast.

The last movie I saw in theaters was the lighthouse.im ok with that.

The Lighthouse is a loving great quarantine movie. Especially if you have a roommate. It's like "well, my situation could be worse."

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Last movies I saw in theaters were Sonic and Birds of Prey lmao

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

GrandpaPants posted:

Was color out of space actually good?

Yes, it was solid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan