Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

home Herman Miller crew supremacy

Oh yeah? Well I'm steelcase crew and maybe you better move along to a new forum unless you wanna get cut.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Ah yes the herman miller Cos... or as some say "cosm".

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Salt Fish posted:

Ah yes the herman miller Cos... or as some say "cosm".

a real fan of herman miller sittimatic universe chairs

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

ergonomics: your best posture is your next one

that said, i have a humanscale freedom task at work and it's the best chair i've ever used. i wish i'd taken it from work before the site closed last week :negative:

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
i'm happy my company can operate for years without any income and it won't effect us in any way.

my xmas bonus might be smaller (maybe) but layoffs aint gonna happen.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i found a $1500 håg chair for about $75 on the local craigslist equivalent like two days before the country shut down and wfh came in. it has a very ugly fabric pattern and has been suiting my needs well so far

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe

I call it... Vundersex

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

i'm happy my company can operate for years without any income and it won't effect us in any way.

my xmas bonus might be smaller (maybe) but layoffs aint gonna happen.

it’s sunday and we aren’t open and i’m
going into work now because i’m
sure business wise we’ve been very close to closing for a while now

stoked 2 b me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
because i’m not a very efficient worker etc i feel hella guilty for charging for overtime because I just imagine someone better than me wouldn’t need to

but then again maybe it’s the price they have to pay for their poor decision of employing me

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
is pandemia a word

pandaemia

hmm

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
pansdemic

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
lol gently caress

I wonder if this bad for the pot and pan industry

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
does yospos have a discoed i joined for some other local reason but the app seems better than slack or mirc

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

echinopsis posted:

is pandemia a word

pandaemia

hmm

It's actually called ephebandemia

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

echinopsis posted:

does yospos have a discoed i joined for some other local reason but the app seems better than slack or mirc

also wondering this but I get the feeling the pos is still hiding out in some obscure IRC channel on freenode

(he says, also still in obscure IRC channels on freenode)

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

Salt Fish posted:

Oh yeah? Well I'm steelcase crew and maybe you better move along to a new forum unless you wanna get cut.

i have an old rear end heavy steelcase that is alright, but needs to be re-upholstered

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Salt Fish posted:

i can't move my legs have atrophied :corsair:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Kazinsal posted:

also wondering this but I get the feeling the pos is still hiding out in some obscure IRC channel on freenode

I used to have mirc auto start and login with windows to a couple servers and I don’t know when that stopped

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress is animal crossing

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

it relates to farming

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

echinopsis posted:

it looks like a game where you pretend you're farming on an island. sounds like what the world needs right now tbh

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

echinopsis posted:

Imagine a video game but its only the achievements.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
the in game money, bells, is nothing but a fiat currency and furthermore

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i'm 3d printing all the things

Feisty-Cadaver
Jun 1, 2000
The worms crawl in,
The worms crawl out.
gf stuck with a 14 day quarantine thx to some now-known carrier at her gym last week. she was only there one morning for sauna and a shower, so hopefully the chance she picked it up was low

now we have 4 macsbooks pro (work and personal) and her giant goddamn gAmInG lApToP on our crappy little ikea table this is too many computers

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
One macbook is too many.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

akadajet posted:

it looks like a game where you pretend you're farming on an island. sounds like what the world needs right now tbh

its literally what moo cow does

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Kazinsal posted:

last time i was in the pos irc it was all nics i didn't recognise (catthread posters?) posting bad reddit poisoned poo poo

maybe there's a good channel i'm not cool enough to be in though

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
All offsites lead to sickness and demise.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

:same:

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

Kazinsal posted:

nope we're on slack

new additions are closed for the time being, though.

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
you can join synirc #yospos if you want to read celexi obsessively typing people's names over and over and other people posting the n-word ironically tho

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

Seriously I bought this chair from Office Max for $10 about 10 years ago and I thought I am never going to need an office chair because I am Mr. farm man farmer man but noooooooooooooooooooo and I can't be rooted getting a proper chair so I will just have to get used to this ten buck disgrace unless I break into my work and get my super awesome chair that my employer spend hundreds of cold hard kiwi bucks on just for me

they care for me, my office superiors.

how many times have you been on country calendar?

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Jonny 290 posted:

you can join synirc #yospos if you want to read celexi obsessively typing people's names over and over and other people posting the n-word ironically tho

no thanks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Progressive JPEG posted:

how many times have you been on country calendar?

lol

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

john ionnidis (of "Why Most Published Research Findings Are False" fame) wrote an editorial:

quote:

Early reported CFR figures also seem exaggerated. The most widely quoted CFR has been 3.4%, reported by WHO dividing the number of deaths by the number of documented cases in early march. This ignores undetected infections and the strong age-dependence of CFR. The most complete data come from Diamond Princess passengers, with CFR=1% observed in an elderly cohort; thus, CFR may be much lower than 1% in the general population; probably higher than seasonal flu (CFR=0.1%), but not much so.

Observed crude CFR in South Korea and in Germany, the countries with most extensive testing, is 0.7% and 0.2%, respectively. Even in these countries, many cases probably remain undiagnosed. Therefore, CFR may be even lower.

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/eci.13222

Other epidemiologists seem to disagree with his outlook, though.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

The danger is becoming another Italy where people that could otherwise survive start dying because the system buckled under the weight.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

TOOT BOOT posted:

The danger is becoming another Italy where people that could otherwise survive start dying because the system buckled under the weight.

that’s not just a danger, that is absolutely going to happen. the question is how many people get trapped outside of hospitals with no hope of care, which we can hopefully keep to a minimum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jimmyjams
Jan 10, 2001

King Kong of Megadongs
Gobblin' them mega schlongs
Makin' sure they mega long
Stroke' 'em if they mega strong