Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sharks in Space
Jan 12, 2011

Just like mom used to make.

I drew eyebrows for my character and then went pole vaulting for no real reason other than just being able to.

Game is good :j:

I also added myself to the spreadsheet, thank you goons and thank you Infinitum for making me a Raccoon Goon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Violet_Sky posted:

This is more of a general question, but I have tiny babby hands so whenever I play Animal Crossing on handheld, my hands cramp after a while. Anyone know what the best grips are for handheld players? I have an OG switch.

if you can find them i strongly recommend the hori split pad pro, they feel a lot more like a traditional game controller than the joycons

and as a bonus the sticks are a lot less likely to have drifting problems like seemingly every 3rd or 4th joycon

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I.... I already filled up my storage space.

for some reason I thought it was bigger :negative:

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Your Computer posted:

I.... I already filled up my storage space.

for some reason I thought it was bigger :negative:

aw gently caress there's a limit??? what is it?

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Brother Entropy posted:

aw gently caress there's a limit??? what is it?

80 iirc

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

lezard_valeth posted:

:same:

Are you loving serious???? OMG

Its store policy since Corvid 19

Violet_Sky
Dec 5, 2011

Fun Shoe

Your Computer posted:

Satisfye 100%

you'd think a (relatively) small bit of plastic like that wouldn't make a huge difference but drat, I only play handheld and it's the best purchase I made

Ordered. Thanks Goons! :)

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Plant MONSTER. posted:

Oh boo, they use the term windflower? Call them anemones, people!

So far I've seen in other towns and screenshots: tulips, roses, cosmos, pansies, lilies, violets, windflowers, hyacinths and mums.

Flowers are kind of one of my things irl so of course I'm going a bit nuts trying to find them all!

Anemone coronaria is my all time favorite irl flower and that's what my island had. I'm so happy. I wanna get all the flowers!

i vomit kittens
Apr 25, 2019

I really hope the cost of moving buildings isn't too much. My island is split into two big areas that take up the SW/NE side with a smaller island in the middle. The dream is to make the SW area a district with all of the shops, have all of the animal houses in the NE, and then my gf and I can live on the center island. Things have been kind of haphazardly placed for now, though, since I don't have the ability to explore the NE side at all.

i vomit kittens fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Mar 22, 2020

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

lezard_valeth posted:

Are you loving serious???? OMG

poo poo, I've probably got 3 or 4 dozen filthy bugs and unfed fish sprawled out on the island. And a big loving dinosaur tail. At least the pile won't get any larger, I was just hoping to be rid of it tomorrow.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

i vomit kittens posted:

I really hope the cost of moving buildings isn't too much. My island is split into two big areas that take up the SW/NE side with a smaller island in the middle. The dream is to make the SW area a district with all of the shops, have all of the animal houses in the NE, and then my gf and I can live on the center island. Things have been kind of haphazardly placed for now, though, since I don't have the ability to explore the NE side at all.
supposedly, moving player houses costs 30,000, but everything else costs 50,000

not sure whether or not you can move resident services, but I'm betting on "no"

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

i vomit kittens posted:

I heard by the time you get moving rights it's something like 30k bells for your house and 50k for villager houses. It might sound steep now but I don't think it's that bad.

For what it's worth I have similar plans and a similar haphazard appearance. My island has a middle area surrounded by water where I want to place my house down into, I want resident services, the shops, and the museum to all be in the south/SW and then I want the villagers in their own area. Right now they're by the beach to the SE but putting them above the river might be a good idea... And I kind of just want to have a designated wild grove where I throw a bunch of random fruit trees.

I'm not very creative and my town isn't going to look amazing. The structure of my rivers is actually quite a bit more challenging than a simpler layout like my sis has, but I think instead of intensive terraforming I'm going to just work with the land and use a lot of bridges/stairs to connect it all together instead.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I'm happy to see this is all of us right now
https://twitter.com/sususuama/status/1241273105714053120

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

I've started my island life! :toot:

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

https://twitter.com/Wosha_/status/1241305543869976576

lezard_valeth posted:

I'm happy to see this is all of us right now
AC community as deranged as ever, i see

sellouts
Apr 23, 2003

If you want bells, farm koi fish. 4k each.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Finally have the best title.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I've been having fun with the pattern maker.

These are from La-Mulana 2.
The Kabandha (little orange buddies) I redrew in the pattern maker, the big seal I pulled apart into a 4x4 grid and fed each part into the online converter.

I added myself to the spreadsheet, here's my passport you can use to find me in there if you want to visit.

I'm in the southern hemisphere and have native pears.

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
guys, I think this game may be addictive

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Stux posted:

i think its just a photo studio and harv is nice and lets you use it

Yeah, a "photo studio" where, when you enter, a casting couch is already set up.

You know Harv is a pervert.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
so is there a separate inventory for clothes, or materials, or anything else or do you just have a hard limit to 80 things you can store? :(

I know I can sell stuff like clothes and furniture and re-buy them from the catalog when I want, but I just.... I like having things available....

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
I got a pop up screen with Resetti because my connection crapped out :)

Still open tho - see earlier posts.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Your Computer posted:

so is there a separate inventory for clothes, or materials, or anything else or do you just have a hard limit to 80 things you can store? :(

I know I can sell stuff like clothes and furniture and re-buy them from the catalog when I want, but I just.... I like having things available....

Storage increase by 40 with every house upgrade but otherwise your SOL.

Remember you can put clothes and furniture outside or even hang shirts 2 to a tile on the walls for room

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
Spent my entire savings on turnips

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I found an island with infinite spiders.

I will profit from this horror.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Zore posted:

Storage increase by 40 with every house upgrade

ah, I didn't know! That makes it a little better, at least

I still haven't paid off my first loan because I spent 35k on a limited edition AC Switch

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Apparently duping is already n New Horizons lol. Finding out about it relieved a lot of the "stress" involved with turnips and really made me realize how different my play style is now vs. when I was playing New Leaf. Knowing I don't care for money in the game but just want to make enough to do the stuff I want is great. It's wild to think I loved NL but man, I played it so "wrong."

Modest Mao
Feb 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Captain Hygiene posted:

Enjoying all the dad jokes surrounding the names of everything you collect :unsmith:

In chinese the game has a pretty great translation, but there's no puns or jokes when you catch something. It just says like "I caught an angel fish. It's cute~~" "Wow look at this tarantula! It's huge!"

Lots of small differences between English and Chinese but that's the only big difference so far

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

OPEN THE FUCKIN MUSEUM

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
It's insane to me that either (1) the only piece of non-Googleable information on the entire Earth is what time the turnips will be on sale tomorrow, or (2) the one hit I get from Google that claims they're only available from 4am-8am is actually correct.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

mancalamania posted:

It's insane to me that either (1) the only piece of non-Googleable information on the entire Earth is what time the turnips will be on sale tomorrow, or (2) the one hit I get from Google that claims they're only available from 4am-8am is actually correct.

It used to be 6am til Noon. She showed up for me at 5am which makes sense because that's when the game officially recognises it's Sunday.

Also yes I was awake then..

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
Are museum donations per player, or per island?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

How are people taking such good photos of their passports to post here?

Since discovering facepaint I have achieved satisfying eyebrows.

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1241590031073947648?s=20

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I want a refund.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

How are people taking such good photos of their passports to post here?

You can apply filters to the photo if that's what you're asking?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So Tom Nook has given me the power to customise my furniture.

My dreams of having a pink pastel nightmare house are already beginning to come into fruition.

Mwahahahahahahaha.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

Scholtz posted:

I want a refund.
at least it recognizes him as an amiibo, Wolf Link is flat out no longer supported :negative:
the datamine'd villager list has Wolf07 and Wolf11 missing, so, maybe he'll be added in a future update? :ohdear:

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Any southern hemisphere goons around? Need me my southern fishies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
What the gently caress... I was fine leaving the gates open because I thought only best friends could do destructive operations on your town... but while I was having lunch, one of you assholes came in and took all my saplings. I'd completed all the non-native fruit and now all of them are gone. :mad: