Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

shortspecialbus posted:

Rumor is they're coming later.

It really feels like even with time travelers, that this game is going to be a slow trickle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Opening my gates. I have oranges and northern hemisphere bugs/fish plus Ladder recipes for anyone who needs it

OS3CT

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

What can I do with the KK Slider songs? I bought one from the store and all it lets me do is hang it on the wall. Do I need a record player or something?

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

dantheman650 posted:

What can I do with the KK Slider songs? I bought one from the store and all it lets me do is hang it on the wall. Do I need a record player or something?

Yeah, there's tons of furniture that can play music. Once you find one you can interact with it to add the song from your inventory and choose what it should play.

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

dantheman650 posted:

I got a radio in my tent when I started, I think you can switch it in that. Otherwise you can craft a stereo, there's at least one available really early.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

dantheman650 posted:

Yeah. The block sterio will let you play it for example (You get it when you're making houses)

The starting radio just plays random junk

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Protip posted:

GATES OPEN for 90 bell turnips! Dodo code: G58HH

I am going to be mostly afk for a bit. Come and get your turnips!

If you happen to have a pear or apple or two you'd like to drop off I'd appreciate it!

I was coming to drop off some pears; dang, you get interrupted a lot by arrivals and departures in multiplayer, huh? :(

Qubee
May 31, 2013

Zore posted:

Opening my gates. I have oranges and northern hemisphere bugs/fish plus Ladder recipes for anyone who needs it

OS3CT

On my way!

Good Lord the amount of menu navigating needed to fly to see someone is insane. And if their code doesn't work you need to go through it all from the start.

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Ciaphas posted:

I was coming to drop off some pears; dang, you get interrupted a lot by arrivals and departures in multiplayer, huh? :(

Yeah... Especially when folks are coming and going quickly for turnips. If there was any complaint, it's that coming/going from islands isn't in the background.

A Proper Uppercut
Sep 30, 2008

Yea I hope eventually they will patch it to streamline some stuff like that and people coming and going to islands

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

If I am going for efficiency on my island, is there a reason to have some trees that don't grow fruit over those that do? In New Leaf the answer was no, but now that trees give craftable materials, I am wondering if it's different this time?

Eleeleth
Jun 21, 2009

Damn, that is one suave eel.
I can't believe it

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
This is my first time with the series and I hosed up the first day by destroying all of the stones on my island. Will they eventually repopulate or am I stuck shelling out miles for island trips?

Edit: I don't feel I'm so far in it would kill me to reroll, even though I already have the store, my house, and the museum tomorrow.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

https://twitter.com/saboyland/status/1241743164504866816?s=19

my new jacket kicks rear end but man i need better shoes

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

drat you Harvey, why did you wait until after I left your island to tell me about posters? Now I have to go back. :argh:

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.
I can't find any iron nuggets on my island. Do I have to use my nook ticket to go to a different island for iron nuggets?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

If I want to sell something will I be able to buy it again from Tom Nook? I have a bunch of junk that's just taking up space but I don't want to sell it if it means I might not be able to get it ever again.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

This is my first time with the series and I hosed up the first day by destroying all of the stones on my island. Will they eventually repopulate or am I stuck shelling out miles for island trips?

Wait what, destroying stones is bad? I woke up today and had one stone and then destroyed it when I got my resources... I thought that's how you get the most out of it.

Also, that person visiting the Island with a orange mushroom hat on, you made me laugh with the log spinning we did.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

Edit: I don't feel I'm so far in it would kill me to reroll, even though I already have the store, my house, and the museum tomorrow.

They seem to come back after a couple days

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

so, what fish and bugs can be obtained right now? (northern hemisphere)

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
FG7H2. Welcome to Xanadu, we have some pretty good pears.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
Blathers talking about how goldfish can grow to be over a foot long unlocked a memory I had of our three giant rear end in a top hat goldfish growing up.

They lived in a huge tank we had and would slap their tails against the surface of the water to make a loud mess and hopefully get food.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Plant MONSTER. posted:

It really feels like even with time travelers, that this game is going to be a slow trickle.

New Leaf was supposed to be too, but with Japan getting it like 6 months ahead of time and it being so massively front loaded, it didn't really play out right.

Qubee posted:

Wait what, destroying stones is bad? I woke up today and had one stone and then destroyed it when I got my resources... I thought that's how you get the most out of it.

Also, that person visiting the Island with a orange mushroom hat on, you made me laugh with the log spinning we did.

It's fine to do since they eventually come back, but one stone is a money stone and will give you bells and the others will refresh daily to give you ores and clay or stones.

Frankston posted:

If I want to sell something will I be able to buy it again from Tom Nook? I have a bunch of junk that's just taking up space but I don't want to sell it if it means I might not be able to get it ever again.

Yup! New Leaf (I think) introduced the catalog. There are some items that can't be ordered, but I think it's just Nook Miles stuff or DLC, but any way if you sell it or throw it away, you can order it to be delivered the next day.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Qubee posted:

It seems like the best thing to do is leave them there, and each day to farm them:
- clear the eight spaces around the rock
- stand at a corner, and dig holes behind you to block the knockback from shoveling rocks (if you're top-left of the rock, holes up and left will suffice)
- shovel eight times in quick succession; it's either this or seven, move, eighth, I'm not sure

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

It seems like the best thing to do is leave them there, and each day to farm them:
- clear the eight spaces around the rock
- stand at a corner, and dig holes behind you to block the knockback from shoveling rocks (if you're top-left of the rock, holes up and left will suffice)
- shovel eight times in quick succession; it's either this or seven, move, eighth, I'm not sure

Also, you get stones back one per day if you destroyed them.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Is there any way to tell which villager will move into which plot? I happened upon my favorite best buddy from new leaf on a mystery island, and I want to make sure he'll be next door to me.

Qubee
May 31, 2013

No wonder I've had a nightmare of a time getting 30 iron nuggets. I've regularly destroyed all my rocks.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Is there a way to delete people from your in game friends list? My gf restarted last night because she put a space after her name and now I have 2 of her in my friends list.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I wish I'd named my character Ciaphas instead of my usual female-character-game-name; I thought visitors would be identified by account. Oh well

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

So I'm playing heavily co-op with my husband (I'm the main Representative character or whatever though). So far we haven't run into any major issues with this, very minimal gating of story-granted recipes etc... until today, when we got the task from Tom Nook to place the three new houses for potential villagers + the bridge. I got all of the crafting recipes for creating the furniture for the three new houses, but my husband hasn't been able to get any of them? Normally when this came up in the past, all he'd need to do is talk to Tom Nook and he'd go "oh well Drone already took care of this, but here's the recipes so you have them too." Except it seems that now this isn't the case?

Is the second player just screwed out of a bunch of the basic furniture recipes then? Talking about the garden table/chair, water pump, wooden swing, wooden bed, etc. And, most importantly, he didn't get the recipe for the ladder.

jivjov posted:

Is there any way to tell which villager will move into which plot? I happened upon my favorite best buddy from new leaf on a mystery island, and I want to make sure he'll be next door to me.

Nook mentions if you read the sign in front of the house plot that it'll show who's scheduled to move in there.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Drone posted:

Nook mentions if you read the sign in front of the house plot that it'll show who's scheduled to move in there.

So there's no way to tell before dropping the kit down, then? Guess I'll roll the dice!

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I'm pretty sure they move in in the order you recruited them

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

homeless snail posted:

I'm pretty sure they move in in the order you recruited them

I think someone in this thread discovered this was not the case but I could be wrong

Protip
Sep 24, 2002

I am the Walrus.

Protip posted:

GATES OPEN for 90 bell turnips! Dodo code: G58HH

I am going to be mostly afk for a bit. Come and get your turnips!

Thread moving fast, gates still open!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

jivjov posted:

So there's no way to tell before dropping the kit down, then? Guess I'll roll the dice!

I put the three kits in their places but I don't see any mention of any villagers moving in. Who knows!

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Color Printer posted:

I think someone in this thread discovered this was not the case but I could be wrong

They did move in in the order I invited them :shrug:

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

Color Printer posted:

It's not. I put kit 3 next to my house but the villager I recruited 3rd ended up moving into plot 2.

Maybe it's based on personality?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Something I like about this game is that there's no need to pause or log out if I'm doing other things, because there's nothing actually happening

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Color Printer posted:

It's the order in which you finish furnishing their plots, apparently

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer
(Holy crap, this thread is moving fast.)

How do I plant flowers I have requisitioned from other islands? I dug holes to plant, but I am only getting Wear/Place Item/Drop Item/Grab 1 as options. I know I planted them yesterday, but now I cannot seem to figure it out. This is a simple thing, but it is driving me nuts!