Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
You know it's getting real when the jokes stop :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goons Are Gifts

prepuce repurposed posted:

You know it's getting real when the jokes stop :(

Why did the chicken cross the road?

To wash its hands and stay safe

Areola Grande

there might be yobbers in need of food soon. does anybody know how to organize an online food bank?

my wife. very nice I like. the weed rear end

Escape From Noise

The we're in this together rear end

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

weed cat posted:

how do you post?

very carefully

we still have internet dude, as rad as that seems living in the woods doesn't actually mean you go back in time. i have a laptop and a whole hoard of tech junk

Goons Are Great posted:

I'm really fascinated by that. I mean it does make sense when you say that you just always did stuff this way, but it seems so uncommon given we live in times when we boring rear end boys in dense urban areas that are used to ride trains with 2000 strangers next to us twice a day go to the next fast food chain to nourish ourselves.
I mean i have seen videos of people doing amazing stuff like what you do, but hearing it from you is really inspiring me

this was v flattering and made me think. but i'm pretty tired/high. maybe i will remember tomorrow

"this too shall pass"

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

Escape From Noise

Pretty intense graphic there...

Goons Are Gifts

prepuce repurposed posted:

there might be yobbers in need of food soon. does anybody know how to organize an online food bank?

my wife. very nice I like. the weed rear end

That is a very nice and lovely idea. If any yobber happens to be in need of anything we may be able to fix by sending boxes across the world, speak up and we can help out!

If anyone wants to do so anonymously, feel free to hit me up via pm and I'll use my new powers to spread the word without including you username, so we can help each other without exposing anyone.
I ultimately hope it won't be needed, but if so, byob can help!!

Areola Grande

ty GaG

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

owlhawk911 posted:

very carefully

we still have internet dude, as rad as that seems living in the woods doesn't actually mean you go back in time. i have a laptop and a whole hoard of tech junk

it just doesn't seem conducive to the most important thing of all: posting

Manifisto

I really, really hope we get widespread antibody tests sooner rather than later

that way we will know who is safe to help out the general population/the afflicted without risking spreading the disease further

ty nesamdoom!

xcheopis

Spoilered for whining.

Having a hard time and I'm the one working the fewest hours, with the least responsibility. Just not getting enough sleep. Found out Saturday that a friend had to move and I will never see her again. This next week is going to be a very difficult one and I hate everything except cats.

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

SweetWillyRollbar posted:

Pretty intense graphic there...

Dont u kno that the sock market is the lifeblood of a country and when it die we all die too!?!?

Macnult

xcheopis posted:

Spoilered for whining.

Having a hard time and I'm the one working the fewest hours, with the least responsibility. Just not getting enough sleep. Found out Saturday that a friend had to move and I will never see her again. This next week is going to be a very difficult one and I hate everything except cats.

hang in there dude, we'll all pull through

Stoner Sloth

xcheopis posted:

Spoilered for whining.

:glomp: sorry about your friend moving and just general hard time, hope you feel better and are staying safe

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

alnilam

xcheopis posted:

Spoilered for whining.

Sorry friend. It's okay, even normal, to be upset. This will not be forever.

Goons Are Gifts

My country is going on a federal lockdown now, the chancellor gave another speech, she imposed new rules of what's legal now and she plans to pump in money of the size of the third of the total federal budget into the economy to make this possible. I listened to her words as well as the president's and as weird as it may sound, it feels genuinely good to have a functioning state right now that does the needful and has politicians on top who seriously listen to scientists while acting on this stuff, disregarding all the usual political disagreements.
It really feels like it is possible to get through this, if we speak reason, listen and act accordingly.

weed cat

weed cat is back, and he loves to suck dick

:sueme:

Goons Are Great posted:

My country is going on a federal lockdown now, the chancellor gave another speech, she imposed new rules of what's legal now and she plans to pump in money of the size of the third of the total federal budget into the economy to make this possible. I listened to her words as well as the president's and as weird as it may sound, it feels genuinely good to have a functioning state right now that does the needful and has politicians on top who seriously listen to scientists while acting on this stuff, disregarding all the usual political disagreements.
It really feels like it is possible to get through this, if we speak reason, listen and act accordingly.

:911: we cannot, because are freedoms

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC

Goons Are Great posted:

it feels genuinely good to have a functioning state right now that does the needful and has politicians on top who seriously listen to scientists while acting on this stuff

wow what a concept how havent we thought of this yet

my countries leadership is not rising to the task, neither is my local government. Nobody in the population is taking this seriously either. We just passed 30 cases in my area and it's gonna blow through here like wildfire.

Areola Grande

weed cat posted:

our National Guard has been deployed. I can't help but envision armed men in our near future somehow

FEMA more like fibula am I right :zpatriot:

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

xcheopis posted:

Spoilered for whining.

:glomp:

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
It's hard to see it but things WILL get better, unfortunately they have to get pretty bad first.

Just remember in order for us to have a future, we have to do this in the here and now, so do it for the future you, who will thank you.

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Mar 23, 2020

Areola Grande

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

It's hard to see it but things WILL get better, unfortunately they have to get pretty bad first.

Just remember in order for us to have a future, we have to do this in the here and now, so do it for the future you, who will thank you.

this is something to hold onto

xcheopis

Thanks. Sorry.
My work relates to healthcare for homeless people and it's been difficult. And my part is quite small. :(

Appreciate the support. Here is a kitten, as a token of my esteem:

Her name was Kiku-san and she hated carbon based lifeforms.

Macnult

today i went hiking/rock climbing and it was my first time climbing outdoors since november. it was awesome. afterwards, i went to a skatepark that closed on friday (while i was there for only 30 minutes :(). the fence is easy to climb over, but there’s an opening in it behind the half pipe that you can walk through. it’s an old school concrete park built in the 70s with a snake run and all that fun stuff, plus that half pipe is the mellow kind where there isn’t really any vert so you can just gently caress around and do a bunch of stall tricks when you’re tired and ready to leave. i was the only one there.
some of my other friends live right by the park, so after grabbing chipotle when i left i went over to their place. now is probably the best time to go to chipotle. they’re cleaning the heck out of everything and making sure all the food is fresh, like actual fresh, not television food advertisement fresh. sometimes i go into chipotle and when i look at the guac i go “aw, it ain’t worth” but this time i saw it and thought “drat! that guac is looking good!” so i ordered it.
this was my entire order:
bowl (to go)
white rice
black beans
half steak/carnitas
pico de gallo
corn
sour cream
cheese
guac (it was good this time, remember?)
lettuce
i also grabbed chips and a water cup. they didn’t write down what i ordered on the tin, so when the cashier asked what meat i ordered i said carnitas because it’s cheaper than steak and if you do half/half they charge you for the more expensive one. they didn’t ask me about guac so i said nothing, although that guac would’ve been worth paying for but i guess it makes up for the times when the guac has not been worth paying for. chips were phenomenal as well. water cup was free but you don’t have to put water in it but i put in a little bit anyway with the lemonade they have.
it was cool to see the homies. we talked about things like new videogames that came out, music we’ve been listening to, how our days went, and travel ideas for if we get infected with coronavirus (we decided on wall street). they just picked up we’d and it was cool because they offered me one of my favorite strains.
now i’m back home and watching my cat do things

Goons Are Gifts

weed cat posted:

Dead Hippie Ghost posted:

wow what a concept how havent we thought of this yet

my countries leadership is not rising to the task, neither is my local government. Nobody in the population is taking this seriously either. We just passed 30 cases in my area and it's gonna blow through here like wildfire.

I have genuine hope that even the US with, uhm, you know, the guys on top, can somehow make this through. People who have no idea what to do with stuff usually will delegate dealing with it to this those who have an idea and enable positive change. Hell, even the UK is doing things now.
Stay strong, new world friends.

!!!

Goons Are Gifts

Alright guys, some forums stuff for you!

Due to me enlisting for the German military again over this, I started doing some organized sports again! Normally I just do martial arts once or twice a week for years now, but I decided maybe it's time to also do some regular exercise and not just stay in good shape, but get into better shape!
For that, I can highly recommend you a guide by YLLS' new and old Moderator, Shine, who posted it for all the people who might want to do sports but want or have to stay inside, check it out: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917888&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

Additionally to my call that you could do helpful stuff if lacking something else to do on last page, another reminder to donate blood whenever you can, the blood banks are begging for support right now.
Our debating and discussing friends in D&D have started a blood donation drive and I would love to see some of you posting with us there, if you are able and allowed to donate blood (there is also free stuff to win for posting proof of donation):
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3917719&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

If you find other SA related projects or guides that may help you spend time or make the time now worthwhile, please post!
We wouldn't be goons if we wouldn't use this as an opportunity.

edit: how do links even work

Goons Are Gifts fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Mar 23, 2020

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

Don't you go makin' me tear up on the bus now! :bahgawd:

Escape From Noise

Japan's government, historically, isn't...great in a crisis. They at least did better than some but...I dunno.

alnilam

:love: iirc that also happens right near one of my other favorite passages:

quote:

Friggity Frodo: What a pity Bilbo did not stab the vile creature, when he had a chance!

The Gan Man: Pity? It was Pity that stayed his hand. Pity, and Mercy: not to strike without need.

F: I do not feel any pity for Gollum. He deserves death.

G: Deserves death! I daresay he does. Many that live deserve death. And some die that deserve life. Can you give that to them? Then be not too eager to deal out death in the name of justice, fearing for your own safety. Even the wise cannot see all ends.

ty manifisto

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

alnilam posted:

:love: iirc that also happens right near one of my other favorite passages:

:love:

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
In January my wife and I were on a cruise from Barcelona, Spain to London, England. On January 5th I came down with the worst case of food poisoning I've ever had. The next day, my wife got hit. The following Friday, I came down with what I thought was a nasty cough or the flu.

The covid-19 virus has one symptom that stands out to me the most- the persistent dry cough, which I had- along with a 102.4 degree fever, something that has NEVER happened before. Also, people who have had it said they felt better before they felt worse- in other words, they got better, and suddenly were feeling WORSE than before, in waves.

I'm not certain I had just a common flu- and I can't be sure it wasn't the corona virus, either- if I DID have it though, it means this thing has been in circulation for a bit longer than thought, based on the timeline.

Fortunately I'm an agoraphobic introvert with few friends and contacts, so when I WAS contagious I made everyone stay away anyway, as a courtesy whenever I'm sick. I'm just concerned for all the people on the cruise, and the flight back home...

Pot Smoke Phoenix fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Mar 23, 2020

Slumpy
i made this thread to do a twisted metal joke but i sincerely hope yall pull through okay

slumpy

Uxzuigal

Chill Berserker Dude

<3 <3 Vanisher

Goons Are Gifts

Slumpy posted:

i made this thread to do a twisted metal joke but i sincerely hope yall pull through okay

Sorry that I hijacked it to become the official byob virus thread, I know it was supposed to be a joke thread and I hoped we would keep focus on virus based jokes but of course things get serious rather quickly these days :ohdear:
I hope you aren't mad at me for transforming it this way

Anyone feel free to make jokes ITT!!

owlhawk911

why did the virus cross the ocean?

to infect the other continent

Kaiser Schnitzel

Schnitzel mit uns

AXLEPOWER!

https://i.imgur.com/R8ctked.mp4
ty Manifisto for this wonderful sig!

xcheopis

Some nice news for me!

Board of Supervisors posted:

At their March 17th meeting, the Board of Supervisors approved the accrual of paid administrative leave to be used at a later date, for employees who continue to work during COVID-19.

I believe this means I will have some extra leave this year, which will be quite useful!

With a gun for a lover and a shot for the pain inside

owlhawk911

1v1 me virus. u coward. fite me irl

Escape From Noise

Viral vector?

I barely knew 'er!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

So, graphics card died horribly right before the whole quarantine. My son found. a dusty, old Radeon HD 6870 in an abandoned wizard's tower, and I'm attempting to get it to work so I can at least watch Netflix or something. Of all the drat times