Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Defensive efforts like that are why I wasn't too sad to see BJ Leilua leave the raiders.

A real rocks and diamonds player. Mostly rocks today imo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
So time for RL to locate to QLD with NSW clamming up?

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I just can't get my head around Nofa not contesting not just the first kick in the first half, but also the first in the second.

Like seriously, normally he's one of my favourite players, and always gives 110%. What the gently caress was he doing today?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

iajanus posted:

I just can't get my head around Nofa not contesting not just the first kick in the first half, but also the first in the second.

Like seriously, normally he's one of my favourite players, and always gives 110%. What the gently caress was he doing today?
in other news, at least we aren’t the Titans

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

bowmore posted:

in other news, at least we aren’t the Titans

Completely agree. I have no idea how anyone didn't have them as the wooden spoon favourite.

As I say that they score

ili
Jul 26, 2003

That was quite a pass by Ash Taylor. Hope Copley's ok too, he's a real good bloke.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
That’s gotta hurt, will be pissing blood for a bit I think

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Would never have expected a dirty hit from him

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
would love it if Titans won though

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Lol at Nathan Brown calling someone a "fucken dirty oval office."

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Tipping Results for round 2

We have some movement

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
NRL season indefinitely suspended. Likely because QLD closing it's borders removed the last option to play on.

Be interesting to see if all clubs survive, I'm looking at you Titans.

Undefeated season for the raiders. I'll take it.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

garycoleisgod posted:

NRL season indefinitely suspended. Likely because QLD closing it's borders removed the last option to play on.

gently caress.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

garycoleisgod posted:

I did not predict Eels minor premiers with Knights #2.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving hell how do we keep finishing 9th

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Feeling pretty fucken bummed about this hey. Like obviously if they can't play they can't play, but footy was pretty much the only good thing in my life at the moment. Those few hours a week watching games were the only chance to really forget all the other bullshit going on.

Abalone Malone
Jul 26, 2002

RIP NRL

Tigers finish the comp at 9th
the best way to go.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
First top two finish for more than a decade, i’ll take it

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also, very sad I can’t watch footy, it’s been keeping me going past few weeks

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
Noooo. It was always going to happen I guess but still disappointing. :(

iajanus posted:

:laffo:

Poetic.

Contra Duck
Nov 4, 2004

#1 DAD

iajanus posted:

:emptyquote:

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Eternally ninth.

Even when 1st we shall finish 9th.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
Not a surprise but still sad. The worst possible outcome is Kearney surviving another season so he can put everyone to sleep with what he calls a gameplan.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

well, your bizarre experiment is over. I hope you keep us updated if anybody in those games get diagnosed positive, that would be interesting. I'll torrent some of the games in memoriam

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

Adam is a wonderful example of how a player should go about his business in the NRL
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/in-shock-multiple-clubs-stand-down-staff-in-one-of-nrl-s-darkest-days-20200325-p54dw5.html

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/it-s-a-difficult-time-for-everyone-two-head-coaches-put-on-leave-20200324-p54dhm.html

loving hell, we've only been on hold for a couple of days and teams are shutting up shop as quickly as possible.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!
Yeah, there is blood everywhere across all the codes. AFL axed 80% club staff and players will take a paycut, I'd expect the League paycut to be more severe.

Soccer will cut to almost nothing but so far no pay cuts, no word out of Union land for a few days, which is a real worry as those guys were staring down the barrel in a huge way.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

It came as a surprise to me because Super Rugby has been on a break for a bit longer and I haven't heard of anything like that happening with their teams.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

How the gently caress are the Tigers (who have shown themselves to be totally financially incompetent a dozen times) "considered to be one of the safest clubs"?

What bizarro world is this?

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

Jono C posted:

It came as a surprise to me because Super Rugby has been on a break for a bit longer and I haven't heard of anything like that happening with their teams.

The ARU is begging world Rugby to use the world cup profits to keep the code alive.

NSW and QLD are almost out of cash and no real capital to sell (no-one is buying anyway).
There is talk of both those unions may even collapse. Those two have bled money for years and were facing trouble before any of this.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

How the gently caress are the Tigers (who have shown themselves to be totally financially incompetent a dozen times) "considered to be one of the safest clubs"?

What bizarro world is this?

Triguboff loves us. And we have in the past been criticized for having a small back office and not the numbers of support staff or top flight facilities that other clubs have. As a result there isn't too much to cut.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Word is if there is no resumption this year the players need to take an 87% pay cut otherwise everything is megafucked.

ili
Jul 26, 2003

Hope it's the Cam Smiths of the league getting their pay brought down to 100 grand and not the minimum wage players being cut down to 10.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

ili posted:

Hope it's the Cam Smiths of the league getting their pay brought down to 100 grand and not the minimum wage players being cut down to 10.

There is talk that younger and players on base contracts would suffer less, and the megabuck contract holders would bare the brunt.

Good to see Adam Blair will be paid closer to his actual value.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Does that mean NBL has won the code wars by virtue of finishing 99% of their season?

Australia is a Basketball Country now, sorry.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I’m going to grab a Knights membership on payday

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

algebra testes posted:

Does that mean NBL has won the code wars by virtue of finishing 99% of their season?

Australia is a Basketball Country now, sorry.

If something happens but nobody watched it, did it happen at all?

Yes they won

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

MiniSune posted:

Triguboff loves us. And we have in the past been criticized for having a small back office and not the numbers of support staff or top flight facilities that other clubs have. As a result there isn't too much to cut.

Oh yeah I forgot him. His Meriton sponsorships have held us together for so long. Wish he would just buy us out completely and pump us full of cash.

Jono C
Mar 28, 2007

MiniSune posted:

Good to see Adam Blair will be paid closer to his actual value.

That would involve Adam Blair paying the club to be part of the team.

MiniSune
Sep 16, 2003

Smart like Dodo!

iajanus posted:

Oh yeah I forgot him. His Meriton sponsorships have held us together for so long. Wish he would just buy us out completely and pump us full of cash.

He wants too. But up until recently with the JV it was almost impossible. With Wests Ashfield acquiring Balmain and the JV just a phantom, it is now a lot easier.

And after all this if the Tigers went belly up he could buy it ta knock down price. Or if the NRL goes belly up he can part of the new comp after it with no past baggage.

Provided he still has cash.

Jono C posted:

That would involve Adam Blair paying the club to be part of the team.

To be fair I did say closer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hearing from multiple sources Tyson Frizell has signed with the Knights

very nice