Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

All of the Crysis games are genuinely good hth

The first one and Warhead definitely want you to learn on the fly power switching to make the most of it though, and on lower difficulties they’re boring as sin. Enemy AI is better all around in 2/3 and the suit powers are more straightforward, to their credit mostly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
My first instinct in Crysis was to always be in armor or cloak in combat and this is 100% the wrong way to play. Maximizing your time in strength and speed by good positioning and ambushing is the better way to play and armor or cloak are for patching up mistakes.

But agreeing with some of the others, it's just an open map shooting gallery. If you aren't having fun learning power management and ambushing Koreans you can bow out now and save yourself the time.

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS
I completely forgot there was more than the 1st Crysis.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

The one advantage Crysis 2 and 3 have over 1 is that MAXIMUM armor is actual armor. However this is immediately canceled out by having MAXIMUM speed just be a regular video game sprint unlike the Flash speed of Crysis 1.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
Punching apart the shacks in the first few hours of Crysis in strength mode never got old.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Kibayasu posted:

The one advantage Crysis 2 and 3 have over 1 is that MAXIMUM armor is actual armor. However this is immediately canceled out by having MAXIMUM speed just be a regular video game sprint unlike the Flash speed of Crysis 1.

I'd agree with the speed thing in 2 (it's tweakable though) but in 3 the maxspeed mode was definitely fast as hell, I distinctly used it over vehicles in one of the later levels for a speed run.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

https://twitter.com/valvesoftware/status/1242133182943653889

To those with VR headsets: enjoy

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

I’m so tempted but I have DOOM Eternal keeping me busy right now when I’m not playing MK11 so I’ll wait to see how the reviews are. But drat if that ain’t tempting.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Whoa, so I guess The Council is free? I heard its not amazing or anything but I'm definitely gonna give it a try

Master_Odin
Apr 15, 2010

My spear never misses its mark...

ladies

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Whoa, so I guess The Council is free? I heard its not amazing or anything but I'm definitely gonna give it a try
I think it's just the first episode of the season, while you'll still need to buy the rest of it for $7.50.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Master_Odin posted:

I think it's just the first episode of the season, while you'll still need to buy the rest of it for $7.50.

Damnit. Thats so god drat deceptive. The price 24.99 is striked out and replaced with Free on the front page, but when you look at the actual catalog page the 24.99 is striked out but replaced with 7.50

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

The bourgeoisie wins again

Zaphiel
Apr 20, 2006

Fun Shoe
Does Morels have an encyclopedia or whatnot that fill up with the mushrooms you find, so you know if you've gotten all of them?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I have not been able to put Borderlands 3 down. This series makes great bad guys.

On an insane side note, does anyone else get a tingle in your dingle when jumping down from high places in this game? I don't know if it's Zane's yell or leg flailing, but I feel it in my bones for a split second. I've had it happen to me in games before but this one gets me more than others. I'm not afraid of heights - it's the same feeling I get going down an intense rollercoaster, climbing the Sydney Harbor bridge, ziplining, etc. but on a much smaller scale.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Zaphiel posted:

Does Morels have an encyclopedia or whatnot that fill up with the mushrooms you find, so you know if you've gotten all of them?

Yes/no. It tracks the extra 'shrooms you find like puffballs, and it tracks the golden mushrooms you find, but otherwise no. You find a lot of the same morels of the same type.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/MOOMANiBE/status/1242155142058627073

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Giant Bomb's playing through HL: Alyx right now and I'm not really seeing a reason you couldn't halfass a keyboard/mouse option

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What are they trying to say here? It released at 1PM Eastern on a weekday, check back in a few hours once people get off work. That said, of course it's not in the top 10; there are only so many HMDs to begin with.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

RBA Starblade posted:

Giant Bomb's playing through HL: Alyx right now and I'm not really seeing a reason you couldn't halfass a keyboard/mouse option

YOU WILL BUY VR AND YOU WILL LIKE IT GODDAMNIT

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

RBA Starblade posted:

I'm hoping someone will hack this together since there is definitely plenty of interest in a non-vr solution but also I imagine much of the fun relies on the novelty of doing stuff with your hands

MMF Freeway fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Mar 23, 2020

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Tomb Raider still putting in work.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Warbird posted:

That said, of course it's not in the top 10; there are only so many HMDs to begin with.

That was the whole point of the tweet, yes.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

https://twitter.com/chriswade__/status/1242159248483721218
I want to know what this guy considers the #1 single player game on that list, because I see at least 10 unless single player means "has no multiplayer mode at all."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

exquisite tea posted:

Tomb Raider still putting in work.

Square gave it away for free to try and keep people indoors lol.

I actually saw people on my friends list earning achievements for the half assed multiplayer component.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

https://twitter.com/chriswade__/status/1242159248483721218
I want to know what this guy considers the #1 single player game on that list, because I see at least 10 unless single player means "has no multiplayer mode at all."

someone else pointed out that guy's a VR dev and has a vested interest in making it seem like VR games are a growing market lol

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

DrNutt posted:

Square gave it away for free to try and keep people indoors lol.

I actually saw people on my friends list earning achievements for the half assed multiplayer component.

If they were really serious about keeping people indoors they'd give FFXIV away for free, TR2013 is only like 10 hours long!

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

There's definitely more than a hint of desperation in that tweet but there's also a bit of a point. GTAV hasn't been consistently in the most played list because people are trying to find all the stunt jumps.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
As someone with no interest in Half-Life or VR the game looks pretty cool from what I've seen, though I've never really gotten any kind of kicks from hoping for games to fail.

E:

And like, the idea that the game should top player charts seems a bit silly, a lot more people have PCs than VR sets no matter how popular Half-Life is (which in 2020 is likely not as popular as the Ancient Gamers would imagine). One of the main reasons cited against VR ever getting popular is the complete lack of any big-name releases to draw mainstream interest, so understandably stuff like this is aimed to change that.

Kanfy fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Mar 23, 2020

lordfrikk
Mar 11, 2010

Oh, say it ain't fuckin' so,
you stupid fuck!

RBA Starblade posted:

Half-assing is not a way to do anything, least of all any creative work :shrug: (I don't even own VR).

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

What's aggravating is that no one has released numbers on HMDs sold to my knowledge. The Quest allegedly did gangbusters but folks have to make approximations based off of utilities like SteamStats and whatnot. 40k might be great numbers, but they don't mean much without context before a given threshold of numbers. I assume that would have to be some factor of a million players or the like.

To her credit she says about as much later in that thread. There were some claims about this doubling/tripling sales, but I don't think any sane person actually believed that; and that was before this virus business and the impending/ongoing recession. If anything of that nature does happen, it'll be happening on the Quest and likely from the folks at Oculus.

Warbird fucked around with this message at 20:25 on Mar 23, 2020

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

lordfrikk posted:

Half-assing is not a way to do anything, least of all any creative work :shrug: (I don't even own VR).

I'm saying there's no reason for it to be VR only except to push the headsets. It could be playable normally.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
You shouldn't put any amount of rear end on your keyboard/mouse.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it does explain why i keep getting pinkeye though

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

Party Boat posted:

There's definitely more than a hint of desperation in that tweet but there's also a bit of a point. GTAV hasn't been consistently in the most played list because people are trying to find all the stunt jumps.

Yeah but big singleplayer releases often rise into the top 10 or even the top 5 on release day, usually lasting through opening weekend if not a little longer

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just let the new VR Half-Life game go and return to talking about how you don't care anymore that Valve isn't making HL3

imo

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Samuringa posted:

You shouldn't put any amount of rear end on your keyboard/mouse.

you may take my ergonomic butt mousepads from my cold dead hands

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
The one thing that Steam's Most Played always makes me notice is how consistent Football Manager is in there. Every single iteration reigns on the Top5 until the next one comes along.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Cowcaster posted:

it does explain why i keep getting pinkeye though
brownnose

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Fallom posted:

Just let the new VR Half-Life game go and return to talking about how you don't care anymore that Valve isn't making HL3

imo

I'll wait for someone to eventually hack it together then play it instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

RBA Starblade posted:

I'll wait for someone to eventually hack it together then play it instead

I'll enjoy it on my kickin rad headset for you in the meantime