Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

did someone cough within 6ft of your vicinity? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Whatever. I'm on "Karen's" side. She finally gets Costco.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
karen lives in a society

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
this is a broader question, do any of the shops (target/walmart/etc) get n95 masks in on the reg the same way TP does? I don't even want them to wear, wonder if local fire fighters and medical people could use them

I haven't even bothered looking for them

durrneez
Feb 20, 2013

I like fish. I like to eat fish. I like to brush fish with a fish hairbrush. Do you like fish too?
Yes but the manufacturers are rationing them to vendors.

Hospitals will take other unopened PPE, though, like face shields and disposable gowns/lab coats.

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR

durrneez posted:

Yes but the manufacturers are rationing them to vendors.

Hospitals will take other unopened PPE, though, like face shields and disposable gowns/lab coats.

Some hospitals are going to get hi vis vests and bump caps from some well meaning but confused distributors.

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
My girlfriend works for a high school science department and the local hospital reached out to ask if they had any PPE they could donate.

I want to be the doctor with the goggles with the cool "S" sharpied on the side

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

MageMage posted:

Whatever. I'm on "Karen's" side. She finally gets Costco.

Costco owns, waiting in line to go to temple is hardly unique to the 'Co.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

grillster posted:

Gasoline is a good alternative plus if it hot out is has a nice soothing, cool breeze minty effect on the skin.

Urine takes care of foot fungus, have you tried it as an alternative to gasoline for your hand sanitizer?

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Hasselblad posted:

Urine takes care of foot fungus, have you tried it as an alternative to gasoline for your hand sanitizer?

This is why I always piss in the shower with the drain closed, furthermore I

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

why do people keep saying you don't use toilet paper with a bidet, dry your goddamn rear end in a top hat

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Doc Hawkins posted:

why do people keep saying you don't use toilet paper with a bidet, dry your goddamn rear end in a top hat

My bidet has an rear end dryer built in :agesilaus:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Doc Hawkins posted:

My Toto Washlet has a dryer function :smug:

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

strangehamster posted:

My bidet has an rear end dryer built in :agesilaus:

Mine doesn’t but the amount of TP I use is practically nothing to dry off.

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It's clean just keep a hand towel where your tp roll used to be

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

RJWaters2 posted:

The grossest of posts

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Doc Hawkins posted:

I use a dry bidet

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

RJWaters2 posted:

Yes (public health) office,r this post right here

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
just use a sponge on a stick, if it’s good enough for the romans it’s good enough for you goons

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Hot off the press: Corp just said that all hourly is getting a $2/hr bonus for the next 5 weeks

Edit: an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

That's an interesting spelling of "hazard pay".

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Sorry here's the full email:

In recognition of your hard work during this unprecedented time, all full-time, part-time and limited part-time hourly Costco employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico will receive an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020. This additional compensation will be paid in a lump sum in your April 17 paycheck.

Thank you for all you are doing for each other and for Costco.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Who needs a bidet?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQM__8Jn978

Warbird
May 23, 2012

Meydey posted:

In recognition of your hard work during this unprecedented time, all full-time, part-time and limited part-time hourly Costco employees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico will receive an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020. This additional compensation will be paid in a lump sum in your April 17 paycheck.

I was being snarky, but good on them for the pay bump. Better on them for backdating it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Meydey posted:

This is great news. But I wish they would have said that before I took two weeks off. I assume the extra money doesn't apply for time used as vacation pay, but oh well. I was going to lose most of that PTO if I didn't use it. I'm glad that Costco employees are being rewarded for doing extra work. I was off all last week and I'm off all this week, but one of my coworkers has been texting me about how drat crazy it's been.

At my Costco they apparently took out one pallet off of each end cap to make the main aisle wider so people could try to distance themselves better. And they also moved all the nuts facing the registers to make more space on the front end.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
Why the gently caress are people hoarding toilet paper

They should be hoarding beans and rice and metamucil

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
I admire everyone who can use a bidet and use toilet paper for drying. I gotta wipe down my rear end in a top hat either way. No bidet can leave me clean and I've tried alot of them. Even those futuristic Japanese toilets once. It blasted my butthole good and for good measure I put it on "'lady" mode and blasted my god drat balls too.

Still had to wipe away dook residue! Maybe my hole is just too hairy? But I aint gonna shave my rear end in a top hat. I'm gonna keep using fruit by the foot lengths of tp

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
I like how the bidet hits *just right* sometimes and I feel like I am getting the full service wash, wax and check the oil down there.
Also, have had mine for a year now and still say "Fire!" when I press the button.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

We need to talk about your diet bud. Have you tried hooking your line in to a bottle of Mean Green or the like? It'll likely kill ya, but that sphincter is gonna shine.

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

I admire everyone who can use a bidet and use toilet paper for drying. I gotta wipe down my rear end in a top hat either way. No bidet can leave me clean and I've tried alot of them. Even those futuristic Japanese toilets once. It blasted my butthole good and for good measure I put it on "'lady" mode and blasted my god drat balls too.

Still had to wipe away dook residue! Maybe my hole is just too hairy? But I aint gonna shave my rear end in a top hat. I'm gonna keep using fruit by the foot lengths of tp

Maybe you just have really sticky-gooey shits

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

ShortyMR.CAT posted:

Solidarity my fellow goon.

Mumbling fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Mar 24, 2020

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Meydey posted:

Hot off the press: Corp just said that all hourly is getting a $2/hr bonus for the next 5 weeks

Edit: an additional $2 per hour for hours worked during the five weeks of March 2 through April 5, 2020

It was a pretty nice seeing that at the end of my shift today. Still doesn't feel worth it coming in with how slow all the fresh departments are.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

i hosted a great goon meet and all i got was this lousy avatar
Grimey Drawer
I mean... isn't the idea to take that toilet paper and shove it up your rear end...?

What else would people be doing with it?

pacerhimself
Dec 30, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
I went to Costco today and everything was very orderly in Winnipeg and they even had turlet paper, which I'm running low on.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
All paper products were out at mine today (got there 20 minutes after opening) but there was no long-rear end line to get in and things were orderly.

Had mild anxiety at all the idiots not doing the distancing thing, but otherwise it was pleasant.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Thanatosian posted:

I mean... isn't the idea to take that toilet paper and shove it up your rear end...?

What else would people be doing with it?

I'm not sure that most people are penetrating their anus with their tp, but I could be wrong

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Next time you boys are at Costco, pick up some metamucil

It'll change your lives

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

metawhatnow? isn't that for olds? :thunk:

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe

kloa posted:

metawhatnow? isn't that for olds? :thunk:

Bad news incoming

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

ElGroucho posted:

Next time you boys are at Costco, pick up some metamucil

It'll change your lives
That's amateur hour. You want a deep clean? Get some of those coach's oats, pour a serving of Protein powder in, garnish with some acai and then add however much water or milk you need.

Your soul will leave your body.