Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
UK is on 3 week lockdown.

Fortunately, I've just stocked up on tea, but I am down to my last packet of crumpets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
BoJo just announced that the police are going to enforce the UK lockdown. Yikes.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

ya'll enjoy martial law precedent. its a slippery slope from here.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Wisconsin is shutting down tomorrow. I don't do anything ever and stay in my house all day every day besides getting food or cigarettes. So this won't be a big change. However, now that I have to stay in place I now have the urge to get out.

I'm going to make tuna salad tonight so I can use up my bread before it goes bad. I always want to get half loaves of bread but they cost just as much as a full loaf so I end up wasting it. I never buy celery so my friend is going to leave one stalk on his porch for me. :)

Do you keep your bread in the fridge? I keep ours there and it seems to make it last a lot longer.

I taught my kids how to make skin on mashed potatoes tonight, with butter and sour cream. I've also lost 5 pounds. I guess I'm not a stress eater.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

BoJo just announced that the police are going to enforce the UK lockdown. Yikes.

That sounds dramatic, but thanks to cuts under his govt, we only have 7 police officers for the entire country.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

I am not prepared for this shut down, whole lotta white claws and not enough ice.

Gonna have to pillage my neighbors freezer in a days time

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe
Apocalypse garden looking so good.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
bread can be frozen and defrosted with no ill effects for several months if properly wrapped

naem
May 29, 2011

Fatkraken posted:

bread can be frozen and defrosted with no ill effects for several months if properly wrapped

pop two frozen slices in the toaster for a warm sandwich

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

spacetoaster posted:

Do you keep your bread in the fridge? I keep ours there and it seems to make it last a lot longer.

I taught my kids how to make skin on mashed potatoes tonight, with butter and sour cream. I've also lost 5 pounds. I guess I'm not a stress eater.

No I just keep it on the counter. I don't get good bread, just the stuff off the shelf at the grocery store. It does last a long time but I always forget about it. It's probably still edible due to the preservatives but I'm weird about expiration dates.

Also, skin on potatoes are superior in just about all applications, including fries.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
fridge bread is a crime

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
It's a piss weak lockdown. You can leave you house for a long list of reasons, whenever you want, and it all works on the honour system, watched over by a police force that I barely ever see unless they've popped into a supermarket on their lunch break.

Millions of people are going to take up power walking as their government mandated one outdoor exercise per day, building complex networks with gatherings of only two people at any one time.

It's barely a step up from the previous "please stay home from the pub if you feel like it" advice.

Rod Hoofhearted
Jun 18, 2000

I am a ghost

However, now that I have to stay in place I now have the urge to get out.

Yup. This is a real thing. I'm a near shut-in myself, and nothing makes me want to leave more like being told there's a lockdown.

sassassin posted:

It's a piss weak lockdown. You can leave you house for a long list of reasons, whenever you want, and it all works on the honour system, watched over by a police force that I barely ever see unless they've popped into a supermarket on their lunch break.

Millions of people are going to take up power walking as their government mandated one outdoor exercise per day, building complex networks with gatherings of only two people at any one time.

It's barely a step up from the previous "please stay home from the pub if you feel like it" advice.

Yup, this is completely accurate. A lot of people are out and about. Grocery stores are crowded as gently caress, so... lol, you're getting the loving coronavirus if you go there.

a glitch
Jun 27, 2008

no wait stop

Soiled Meat

What exactly will they do if they see someone out when they shouldn't be?

Jay_Zombie
Apr 20, 2007

We're sealing the tunnel!
Working.
I am working.
A lot more than I usually have to.

Mind you, I'm not exactly complaining because A. I can work remotely from home if need be, and B. I still have a job and am still getting paid. So I consider myself pretty lucky in that respect.

Jay_Zombie fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Mar 23, 2020

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

a glitch posted:

I don't remember exactly what he said about that but it was a threat. Something like "they will deal with/fine/whatever you."

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Jay_Zombie posted:

Working.
I am working.
A lot more than I usually have to.

Mind you, I'm not exactly complaining because A. I can work remotely from home if need be, and B. I still have a job and am still getting paid. So I consider myself pretty lucky in that respect.

:same:

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

a glitch posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GNBG5lgh6Nw

Risky
May 18, 2003

Zugzwang posted:

My mom's an infection control nurse (the only one in her hospital, lol). She confirmed a bunch of poo poo has been stolen from her hospital already, and she's not even in an area like NYC/Seattle/etc. Of course there's very few security cameras because the worthless company that owns her hospital didn't want to spend the money, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ as to who took the stuff.

I bet at least some of that stuff was taken by the staff.

I'm a nurse.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

a glitch posted:

Don’t worry about it.

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I still have to go in to work and now I can't see my kids for at least 3 weeks.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I had a remote piano lesson today and it actually went very well.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe
I’m working again. Remote computer literacy for adults. It is maximally chill. We’ll see how long that lasts.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

LabyaMynora posted:

Yup. This is a real thing. I'm a near shut-in myself, and nothing makes me want to leave more like being told there's a lockdown.

It's funny to hear you guys saying that. I'm "always going out" kind of guy and I'm really enjoying this. I'm sure it'll start to drive me crazy at some point (like maybe tomorrow! could totally go full Shining tomorrow) but for now enjoying being home spending more time with my wife.

Aren't people always saying the problem with modern living is too many options? Maybe knowing the first last and best option being Jim Beam Black and streaming movies is reassuring.

The gym being closed sucks though, sucks royally.

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Fun Shoe

Flutieflakes017 posted:

The gym being closed sucks though, sucks royally.

Yeah my wife and I have both been mourning the loss of the gym as well. Otherwise this would be the perfect time to get more swole!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I watched Onward. it suck'd.

texaholic
Sep 16, 2007

Well it's floodin' down in Texas
All of the telephone lines are down
I manage a restaurant that was forced to switch to takeout only. Takeout is normally about 35-40% of our sales volume. I had to layoff about 80% of the staff to keep the restaurant open for takeout...

Bees on Wheat
Jul 18, 2007

I've never been happy

QUAIL DIVISION
Buglord
My apartment complex has a tiny fitness room and I've been meaning to get back into a regular workout routine, but I'm also very very lazy. And I'd have to sanitize everything in there, and compete with the chuds that do hours-long workouts that mostly consist of swinging their dicks around and dropping fat stacks of weights to show off how macho they are.

Tonight for dinner I made a lap sandwich. I rolled my chair into the kitchenette, spread a paper towel on my lap, and fixed a sandwich right in front of the fridge without getting up. Chased it with cheap red wine straight out of the bottle. Good times.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

texaholic posted:

I manage a restaurant that was forced to switch to takeout only. Takeout is normally about 35-40% of our sales volume. I had to layoff about 80% of the staff to keep the restaurant open for takeout...

Start doing bulk meal delivery through postmates etc (or hire your own employees back to drive it around and deliver) for all the people stuck at home unable to grocery shop

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

I made this dough and soon it's going to be bread

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

poverty goat posted:

Can I have some

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

poverty goat posted:

Looks good. What kind of bowl is that?

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Looks good. What kind of bowl is that?

it's a banneton

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

I do crossfit workouts in my house... also theres tons of workout videos on youtube....

i might take this time to refresh my tai chi skills!

also you can still walk and ride a bike :)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My Shoes posted:

I do crossfit workouts in my house... also theres tons of workout videos on youtube....

i might take this time to refresh my tai chi skills!

also you can still walk and ride a bike :)

I use Tai Chi to cast Blindness on you

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

I use Tai Chi to cast Blindness on you

oh yeh. well i cast butt closes up permanently on you!

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

My Shoes posted:

oh yeh. well i cast butt closes up permanently on you!

Sorry but I deflect that spell due to the high Constitution stat on my large muscular bum.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Lil Swamp Booger Baby posted:

Sorry but I deflect that spell due to the high Constitution stat on my large muscular bum.

im a high level thief and i steal your constitution

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

poverty goat posted:

it's a banneton

I don't know what that is. I looked it up though.

quote:

A banneton is a type of basket used to provide structure for shaped loaves of bread during proofing. Banneton baskets are also known as brotform or proofing baskets. It is normally used for doughs that are too soft or wet to maintain their shape while rising.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Bout to fry me up a steak in the cast iron