Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm not at all jealous of my friends' islands. I'm perfectly happy rolling around in weeds and tying sticks to rocks on my fourth day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
me: this is my garden. I arranged the roses in the shape of a dick lol.

friend: nice. I recreated the entirety of neo Tokyo from gits to scale,

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Let's hear those nip prices imps. Surely someone out there is north of 150.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
mondays are never good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
Mine were trash today but I have high high hopes for the rest of the week.

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Mine were 108 this morning, but now are 141. I didn’t know the price changed during the day

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
It changes at noon. 141 is pretty tempting...

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Stay strong. It's only Monday

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I need two more iron nuggets to finish the shop and it’s driving me insane

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
My island is open (just added you) and I can spot you some if you need. 30 for a beginner is pretty rough.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

American McGay posted:

Let's hear those nip prices imps. Surely someone out there is north of 150.

Mine are at 69.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

For real. I bought them for 98 so I only found it funny for a second

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

My ‘nips were going for 45 and 50 yesterday. I have to go to my fail rear end job today so I can’t check price until tonight (lunch American time) so let’s get some freaking ma-nip-ulation going then!

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

does the camel with the wallpaper show up on certain days or is it random?

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
If you download the game then you can't play local multiplayer or even have multiple people in one town. If you try to play on a different Switch account it just tells you you need to buy it again. This is insanely fail.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
sw-4075-5460-1270

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

que sera sera posted:

does the camel with the wallpaper show up on certain days or is it random?

Saharah shows up randomly in the other AC games, so I assume it's random in this one as well

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

AverySpecialfriend posted:

If you download the game then you can't play local multiplayer or even have multiple people in one town. If you try to play on a different Switch account it just tells you you need to buy it again. This is insanely fail.

I'm sure the good people in Games would love to hear about this.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

American McGay posted:

My island is open (just added you) and I can spot you some if you need. 30 for a beginner is pretty rough.

Thanks, I ended up getting a nook miles ticket and finding the last two on a random island. The real Animal Crossing starts here

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

That's not true .... I own it digitally and someone else made a new player in my town just fine today. Must be a failure on your part as a player?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah lol you done hosed up somewhere dude. If a different user on the same Switch starts the game they just join your island.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
It was because I didn't deregister my old Switch when I got my new Animal Crossing one. Gamer crisis averted

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I won the Nook Ticket lotto.

http://twitter.com/In__Training/status/1242292697185968128

Kongming
Aug 30, 2005

WEEDCAT
Oct 31, 2005

*sets you on fire*

That is badass.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/loneliestbara/status/1241771325846249472?s=19

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
can u share diy recipes or is the 2nd and etc people to join ur island screwed out of a bunch of stuff lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

heeheex2 posted:

can u share diy recipes or is the 2nd and etc people to join ur island screwed out of a bunch of stuff lol
They eventually sell them in the shop and im pretty sure Nook still gives you the essential story ones.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

I sent one to in training aka Dave but dunno if it worked.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1242334768689082371?s=19

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

How do I get iron nuggets?

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Hit rocks with an axe or shovel. You can get up to nine resources per rock depending on how fast you hit it

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Oh it just made a horrible ding so I thought it’d break my shovel and I needed a pick. Ty!

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

heeheex2 posted:

If you're asking about a second player on the same switch, they can buy the essential ones really cheaply in the shop . Same works for foreign visitors, I've helped a few people sequence break by getting the ladder and pole early (like my roommate got his museum on the other side of the river that way)

herculon
Sep 7, 2018

Turnips are 185 here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

herculon posted:

Turnips are 185 here

Omg...your gates open? I'm on my way to cash out