Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Szyznyk posted:

If you need me to go to World Market to get you Tim Tams and brown sauce, let me know.

gently caress off to Australia mate, we eat Penguins not Tim Tams. And yes, our penguin jokes are the funniest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Rocket Baby Dolls posted:

My children dont live with me and I work in a distribution centre for a supermarket. I'm not allowed to see my children for at least three weeks, I'm gutted! I'm trying to be sensible about it, it's for their own health and safety but it's still going to be tough to not even get to hug my kids.
My heart cracked a little for you, but always remember that it is temporary and it is for their health. A sacrifice you have to make but one that is worth it.

I can take paid isolation from work if I want too but stiff upper lip and all that shite.
gently caress that, Tesco can survive without you and if I means I can't buy quinoia for a little longer, tough poo poo for me.

Resting Lich Face
Feb 21, 2019

This case of an intraperitoneal zucchini is unusual, and does raise questions as to how hard one has to push a blunt vegetable to perforate the rectum.
oi bruv

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Gregg's is fine. When I was on minimum wage it was all I could afford. It was about 1/3rd the price of Starbucks, or less, and I could get a latte and a breakfast doughnut or pie.

I went to the southfields one every day and when I came back from work, mad John the pirate would be frightening people while shirtless.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
https://twitter.com/SportsDirectUK/status/1242249511151509506

https://twitter.com/GMB/status/1242359008708747271

https://twitter.com/tamcohen/status/1242361684607545346

razamataza
Jan 2, 2006

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Dell_Zincht posted:

If an M&S has a food hall (and most of them do) then they won't be closing

Thank gently caress. Sourdough and manchego for all!

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
If I was confined to my home with a hot water bottle I'd eventually gently caress the hot water bottle. Not even joking.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Thank gently caress Disney+ has launched in the UK today. Lots of people gnashing their teeth on Facebook about Frozen II not being on it which is funny.

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

My Shoes posted:

come on the game goes on for like 10 seconds at a time.

Soccer has more continuous play.

and check out rugby sometime for that matter. American football players only run like a mile per game and only play an average of 11 minutes rugby players play for a full 80 minutes.

What? Somebody please explain this to me even if it is an exaggeration.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Weka posted:

I think he means that American football constantly stops to move flags, gently caress around and get back in positions, so players spend very little time actually playing.

cnut
May 3, 2016

I say, lock up all the wankers and bellends in The Clink!

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
this seems a bit late, mates

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

Sekenr posted:

I think he means that American football constantly stops to move flags, gently caress around and get back in positions, so players spend very little time actually playing.

I think they're mandated an hour of 'Gameplay' so the remainder of the four hour block is an hour of replays to make it look like things are happening and then a solid 2 hours of advertisements because it's not like the viewers are going anywhere.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Weka posted:

I love american football, but it is mathematically accurate. While the overall gameclock is an hour, the ball not need be actively in play in order to count down, so in a given hour long match theres usually around 11 minutes of "game time". The overall runtime of a match is approximately 3 hours by the by.

With everyone in lockdown stuck at home, why not learn a sport that will really fill the time?

Chrs
Sep 21, 2015

Barudak posted:

I love american football, but it is mathematically accurate. While the overall gameclock is an hour, the ball not need be actively in play in order to count down, so in a given hour long match theres usually around 11 minutes of "game time". The overall runtime of a match is approximately 3 hours by the by.

With everyone in lockdown stuck at home, why not learn a sport that will really fill the time?

Fuckin' lol and theres people coming in here saying that American Football is the better one.

Captain_Indigo
Jul 29, 2007

"That’s cheating! You know the rules: once you sacrifice something here, you don’t get it back!"

Lolling at all my teacher coworkers who won't shut the gently caress up about how different things will be for us in terms of respect and pay and dignity when this winds down and everyone remembers our epic sacrifice.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Barudak posted:

cricket :colbert:

hallelujah
Jan 26, 2020

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
with the colonists locked indoors, the swans will retake the land

Rocket Baby Dolls
Mar 3, 2006

Normally I don't make aesthetic criticisms in other peoples' homes, but that rug looks like a beaver exploded. If meat is murder, then that rug is at least a severe beating.
I start work in half an hour, we've had a large number of agency workers arrive these past few days. At the end of last week there were eighteen people self isolating, at least two more went home early yesterday to do the same after expressing concerns. There are two people off with symptoms, but they're both work shy bastards who have used any excuse to have time off work over the last decade so I'm taking those two with a big pinch of salt.

One saving grace is that my girlfriend works where I do and on the same shift, as we are both exposed at work we can still hang out together outside of work (indoors.)

I'm getting to see my youngest daughter tomorrow as it's my day off. I've agreed with her mother to have a full day with her before she goes into lockdown.

We've just got to work, we've been told to stay in our vehicle until we are told that we are allowed into the building.

Mr. Bung
Mar 24, 2005

Get out the pink press threat file
and Um-brrrptzzap the subject.
Rural Cornwall.... all the disease ridden middle classes have come pouring down here from the cities. Tourist spots heaving with twats.

Our infrastructure was already hosed. If I see a Halfords roof suitcase there’ll be words!

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
I have been self-isolating with my no de-facto girlfriend since 13th of March only going out for groceries twice and once to the pharmacy to get her asthma meds but hearing all these people still going out and partying or being shoulder to shoulder in Columbia Flower market made me all :argh:

I'm not sure being in lockdown in London is better or worse than, let's say, somewhere up in rural north like my friend. Clearly it's the center of the disease and will be hit hardest when the galaxy brain idea of "herd immunity" unveils a new wave of cases and they have to eventually properly lockdown instead of "no more jogging TWICE a day" garbage. On the bright side, there are many markets and delivery options up in here instead of having like literally one market serving a town or something like that.

I dunno, man, the weather is beautiful outside and I don't think "oi, you got a license for walking m8?" isn't gonna cut it when it comes to preventing Londoners, being the colossal twats they are, going out.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Sekenr posted:

and its true.

also im a girl for the 10,001 time.

Chrs posted:

Fuckin' lol and theres people coming in here saying that American Football is the better one.

exactly.

My Shoes fucked around with this message at 14:51 on Mar 24, 2020

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

I'm getting to see my youngest daughter tomorrow as it's my day off. I've agreed with her mother to have a full day with her before she goes into lockdown.

That's the happiest news I have heard all day.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Galewolf posted:

I have been self-isolating with my no de-facto girlfriend since 13th of March only going out for groceries twice and once to the pharmacy to get her asthma meds but hearing all these people still going out and partying or being shoulder to shoulder in Columbia Flower market made me all :argh:

I'm not sure being in lockdown in London is better or worse than, let's say, somewhere up in rural north like my friend. Clearly it's the center of the disease and will be hit hardest when the galaxy brain idea of "herd immunity" unveils a new wave of cases and they have to eventually properly lockdown instead of "no more jogging TWICE a day" garbage. On the bright side, there are many markets and delivery options up in here instead of having like literally one market serving a town or something like that.

I dunno, man, the weather is beautiful outside and I don't think "oi, you got a license for walking m8?" isn't gonna cut it when it comes to preventing Londoners, being the colossal twats they are, going out.

rural is way better in terms of wellbeing, I can go for a run without going past more than a small handful of people at the proper distance, probably the equivalent of 5 seconds in a shop in terms of exposure risk

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Barudak posted:

Thanks for this explanation I felt like it must be an exaggeration but I have learned never to underestimate America.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

https://twitter.com/YesMissMurphy/s...ingawful.com%2F

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

Weka posted:

Thanks for this explanation I felt like it must be an exaggeration but I have learned never to underestimate America.

and now bow to my superiority :)

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!

Fatkraken posted:

rural is way better in terms of wellbeing, I can go for a run without going past more than a small handful of people at the proper distance, probably the equivalent of 5 seconds in a shop in terms of exposure risk

Yeah, I imagine being in rural areas would be better for our mental health and overall health (luckily we have a small garden, enough to do bodyweight exercises "outside") but I guess that's the price we pay for the exclusive privilege of paying six pounds a pint before this.

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.
https://twitter.com/FoleshillWMP/status/1242460673914912770

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

lol committing police brutality on a charcoal grill

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Happy to die/kill other people for a nice day out. That's boomer logic for you.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Lmfao

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

lmao

Who else is living the dream and working from home?

By living the dream I mean this is awful I wish I was one of those pieces of poo poo willing to leave the house again but no instead I do what the Government tells me to do.

Also when I sit here being lucky enough to work from home when countless others aren't able to see their kids or haven't got a job anymore, and yet I moan about it anyway, I feel pretty bad.

But I'm British so if there's something to complain or moan about you better believe I'm going to.

My Shoes
Jul 23, 2019

omg lol

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

i live in the country and someone actually pulled over in their car while i was out for a run to ask me if this was my first run of the day lmao

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

lmbo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Lol so much for a lock down if you aren't able to work from home and aren't off sick it's business as usual so that's me working in a building with hundreds of others until I get seriously ill

Catsplosion
Aug 19, 2007

I am become Dwarf, the destroyer of cats.

Noblesse Obliged posted:

You can still hunt foxes though right?

I'm sure that counts as exercise.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

time to take a big swig of coffee and see what the GBS goons have to say about the uk

i have now swallowed my coffee, because nothing was even remotely funny enough to make me do a spit take