Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

im gonna need to venture out into the quarantine to get beans soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

earl grey coffee before i succumb

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

theadder posted:

earl grey coffee before i succumb

hmmm, ive never heard of this coffee before...

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
It isn't a real mocha, but throwing some dutch cocoa powder in my coffee (with sweetener and cream) is pretty tasty for zero effort. Gotta stir the powder into a paste with a little coffee first tho, otherwise it won't mix well.

Also sludgy at the bottom, but still.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Shaggar posted:

hmmm, ive never heard of this coffee before...

ive documented it thoroughly itt op

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
c sunday s: afternoon beans

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

Fatal Error posted:

c sunday s: afternoon beans
this post was my inspiration to brew sunday afternoon beans too

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
hell yeah

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

got a coffee today, iced

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
drat you guys have got me thinking. might make some coffee now.........

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i bought a single-cup coffee pour-over thing at the store yesterday but today i went to the coffee shop instead of using it

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
my home coffee situation improved sooooo much once i a) ditched the stupid keurig in lieu of a french press and b) started grinding my my own beans.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

i just have a simple drip machine and i grind my own beans it suits the heck out of my needs

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team
made an aeropress

haven't done that in a long time and it wasn't great

but any coffee beats no coffee

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

PIZZA.BAT posted:

i just have a simple drip machine and i grind my own beans it suits the heck out of my needs

same as hell. and a moka pot.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
in quarantine
thinkin bout bean

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i need to stock up on beans

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i brought hoem all the beans i had in the office before we shut down

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i used copious amounts of caffeine to keep myself propped up today, but at what cost.......

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

spreading out the beans: set the grinder to 50g instead of 60

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTDy-L0NKIg

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

PokeJoe posted:

im gonna need to venture out into the quarantine to get beans soon

im making coffee with one spoon of grounds (french press) but also only have a a 12oz of beans and an 8 oz of decaf beans, really doing a lot to curb my caffeine. in a day i probably use as much grounds as id use for one cup

President Beep posted:

my home coffee situation improved sooooo much once i a) ditched the stupid keurig in lieu of a french press and b) started grinding my my own beans.

yeeeeeep, this is my morning routine and even cutting back on beans i still have a good cup and i can steep the grounds more to stretch them

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

wut

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

it’s a greek frappe ( cold instant coffe hit w a mixer to make a thick coffee foam)

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Agile Vector posted:

im making coffee with one spoon of grounds (french press) but also only have a a 12oz of beans and an 8 oz of decaf beans, really doing a lot to curb my caffeine. in a day i probably use as much grounds as id use for one cup

yeeeeeep, this is my morning routine and even cutting back on beans i still have a good cup and i can steep the grounds more to stretch them

ive busted out the french press too because i ran out of coffee filters and my coffee maker takes special "tall" ones i have to order online. the ones from the grocery store overflow and get grounds in the carafe.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

bump_fn posted:

it’s a greek frappe ( cold instant coffe hit w a mixer to make a thick coffee foam)

that sounds pretty darn good. maybe add a bunch of kahlua :yum:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Have ing coffee

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

ground some beans

boiled them beans

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

when the bux is closed you gotta improvise

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
waiting for bean delivery

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
it has been a two-cup morning

didn't get enough restful sleep the past two nights. the lack of sleep is bad, but the coffee? The coffee is very good.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

akadajet posted:

when the bux is closed you gotta improvise

Starbucks is haraam

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

going without is far preferable to bucks imo

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

our tour guide in london kept pointing them out as "saint arbucks"

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

jesus WEP posted:

This way you get the added bonus of caffeine power when you get back to reality

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

This way you get the added bonus of caffeine power when you get back to reality
i drink it for the taste, im too handsome and powerful to have a caffeine dependency

also it helps me poo poo

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

jesus WEP posted:

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
drinking some of my remaining beans. more beans on the way from amazon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

bean supplies are running low here. going to need to venture out for more beans soon. pray for me