Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

sweden has now banned ordering at the bar, have to have table service from now.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
https://twitter.com/protectheflames/status/1241696164782669824

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wfh, per usual, but I’m gonna develop some film today too :ninja:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
:evilbuddy:

Corla Plankun
May 8, 2007

improve the lives of everyone
i juuust started my job when wfh started and i have no idea what im doing or should be doing and it is really upsetting

i wish i was the type of person that could just coast if they dont have any responsibilities but instead i am become anxiety factory

gonna talk to my boss about it this afternoon

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ive encouraged my colleagues to spend some time on self-improvment. read some books, take an online course. Things that arent normally possible in a regular work-day because dumbasses keep walking up to you in your open office space and disturb you.

do that.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
just get high instead

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Fabricated posted:

it's cool, trump is very upset about the number going down so its time to sacrifice the poors and olds to try and make it go back up (it will not go back up just because people get forced to go back to work)

number go up!

no wait not that number!

poo poo.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Fatal Error posted:

a car with a loudspeaker just drove by and blasted the neighbourhood with an announcement asking everyone to stay inside “not just today and tomorrow, but for the whole duration of the epidemic”. creeped me out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRGMAW1wzQ8

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Corla Plankun posted:

but instead i am become anxiety factory

yeah :smith:

i can't calm down. ive been tensed up and panicky the past 10 days. the back of my neck hurts from myself stressing me out and my body gets exhausted

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
lol
though the whole country was just locked down and movement is restricted starting tomorrow with the exception of going to work and essential activities such as grocery shopping or doctor visits. the prime minister just said the presidential elections won't be postponed though, lmao

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

echinopsis posted:

fibre up my rear end
this.....t;his, is yospos

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

Fabricated posted:

it's cool, trump is very upset about the number going down so its time to sacrifice the poors and olds to try and make it go back up (it will not go back up just because people get forced to go back to work)

stocks did go up today, which is too bad because I meant to do my quarterly buy yesterday but forgot until this morning.

anyway hopefully just a week or two until the data show a clear case for ending lockdowns, but who knows how fast they'll lift after that

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003

so how come the message in italy is "get off the street, you have to stay at home, period" while here in california it's "you can go for a walk with your dog, just stay six feet away from everyone else"

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

DELETE CASCADE posted:

so how come the message in italy is "get off the street, you have to stay at home, period" while here in california it's "you can go for a walk with your dog, just stay six feet away from everyone else"

because with italians if you give them an inch they'll take a mile.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

big shtick energy
May 27, 2004

quote:

Main results. The actual number of infected cases in France is probably much higher than the observations: we find here a factor x15 (95%-CI: 4-33), which leads to a 5.2/1000 mortality rate (95%-CI: 1.5/1000-11.7/1000) at the end of the observation period. We find a R0 of 4.8, a high value which may be linked to the long viral shedding period of 20 days.

https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.03.22.20040915v1

These guys got a fatality rate of 0.5%, which is still pretty high, but it's good to see more literature converging toward "this is much more transmissible and much less deadly than we first thought".

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

because if you tell someone "oh you can do this, but heres a caveat" they take it as "oh that second part doesn't apply to me so im just going to do the first"

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

DELETE CASCADE posted:

bc Italy has been at it for a few weeks longer, you'll get there in a few weeks too

in france the rules are getting enforced more and more severely too

like the fine for not having your "here's why I am outside" form increased, and now they have started arresting repeat offenders

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop

Corla Plankun posted:

i juuust started my job when wfh started and i have no idea what im doing or should be doing and it is really upsetting

i wish i was the type of person that could just coast if they dont have any responsibilities but instead i am become anxiety factory

yeah I just got word from my new job starting apr 6 that even onboarding is remote now. i am gonna get a laptop and some instructions in the mail. hold on to your butts because I’m gonna feel very strange trying to get in the middle of things with a team i have only interviewed with in person for 1 day.

how many IMs per day with stupid questions will each person tolerate before i make them crazy? who knows!

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
CWFHS: Doing it for literally the first time ever, enjoying it so far. Despite my company repeatedly getting caught with its trousers down every step of the way through the government restrictions, now we're finally home everything works fine.

Not sure I'll still have a job at the end of all of this, but at least I might get a sweet chair out of this.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

jammyozzy posted:

but at least I might get a sweet chair out of this.

yeah ive been meaning to ask the thread, im prolly gonna have to buy a nice one now, this old $100 one from office depot isnt gonna cut it

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
if you're in a big city you can probably find used aerons on craigslist, they're a few hundred but worth it

they're also on amazon, if they're still delivering nonessential items

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

im officially working from home now

i mean, kinda

realistically almost no one where i work could do their job from home. i have a couple things to do and then also i'm supposed to, basically, do poo poo that "is relevant to your position" like self-training and education

i learn poo poo about computers here, so lmao i'm literally working by reading the pos

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Samuel L. ACKSYN posted:

i'm literally working by reading the pos

reading your posts is a real chore for everyone else too

Samuel L. ACKSYN
Feb 29, 2008

sorry 4 my bad posting

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
i laid down with my eyes shut from noon to 2pm

i feel largely better but this situation is taking its toll

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Corla Plankun posted:

refleks posted:

ive encouraged my colleagues to spend some time on self-improvment. read some books, take an online course. Things that arent normally possible in a regular work-day because dumbasses keep walking up to you in your open office space and disturb you.

do that.

I agree - what are the required skills for your job? Are you top notch in all of them? Are they ones that you can take an online course for? A lot of places like Udemy, Coursera, Lynda, etc. are having sales right now because people are at home.

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

we had an all hands and our ceo was very careful to step around anything about what the president is saying and telling us we're going to be "more conservative" than the government says

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

graph posted:

:same:

excess sleeping is one symptom of cabin fever, we'll all have to develop new mental care habits and go outside more just for the sake of being outside

4lokos basilisk
Jul 17, 2008

not gonna lie reading united states news and twitter is a downer

also looking at every virus graph shoot up on an exponential curve is not good either

however, take it one day at a time and remember smart german doc who said that significant results come in on wednesdays due to weekend backlog and mon-tue spent on catching up

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless

haveblue posted:

if you're in a big city you can probably find used aerons on craigslist, they're a few hundred but worth it

they're also on amazon, if they're still delivering nonessential items

graph is in the same area as me. When I looked a couple years ago there was nada.

Herman Miller does an annual sale around this time for 15% off. It's still freakishly expensive though

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

graph posted:

i had this messed up thought earlier today, wouldn't it be funny to get a shirt that says "i have plague aids" and then immediately i thought, drat that's messed up thing to be joking about. i'm okay for a few weeks of this but i don't know about a year

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

TerminalRaptor posted:

graph is in the same area as me. When I looked a couple years ago there was nada.

Herman Miller does an annual sale around this time for 15% off. It's still freakishly expensive though

madisonseating.com

they are used or frankensteined from the working parts of otherwise broken chairs or something. the chair i bought from them a few years ago is still going strong

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

limit your exposure to news if need be, especially tv news. you'll still hear about really important poo poo

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
maybe my weed addled brain is too chilled out but everyone in this forum is probably going to be ok financially? except smoka

like this will pass, if you watch the news it is bad but we all knew it was going to be bad so why freak out even more? it doesn't help anything to pull your own hair out, just stay inside and wash your hands and do what the officials say, it is all you can do, this is outside of your control like the weather

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

qirex posted:

limit your exposure to news if need be, especially tv news. you'll still hear about really important poo poo

also don't loving go in cspam. those people are all nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

qirex posted:

limit your exposure to news

this has super paid off for me over the last years.