Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Well, I guess we're going to have racing after all during that 2 week Olympic break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Illusive Man
Mar 27, 2008

~savior of yoomanity~

CBJSprague24 posted:

Well, I guess we're going to have racing after all during that 2 week Olympic break.

You mean that break when the Olympics are canceled?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

hmmm, maybe i'll try and see if i can get a streaming setup up and running and stream some old nascar games again until they decide to race

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
No racing but at least the full Dale Jr. podcast with Kenny Schrader is up. I listened to it today, pretty entertaining, as Schrader always is. Apparently he was pretty drat close to running Indy but ended up wrecking the car and he was ok but at that time guys were getting their legs broken left and right when they were wrecking and he liked the idea of stock and sprint cars better. I knew he was a dirt guy but didn't know he was so high up in USAC and Silver Crown he was getting some sniffs at Indy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

THERE WILL BE RACING.

WindyMan posted:

We're watching the NASCAR iRacing race right now on Twitch (https://www.twitch.tv/podiumesports). Once it's done I'm going to start St Pete Trans Am and then do K&N Road Atlanta after! For now I'm watching whatever so join in early if you'd like.

https://cytu.be/r/SASCARWinterHeat

The iRacing race is streaming in CyTube.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Was the iracing race good?

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

https://twitter.com/NASCARONFOX/status/1239685622874472454

Affected races: Atlanta, Homestead, Texas, Bristol, Richmond, Talladega, Dover.

Who's ready to see some midweek races this year?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

JJ's iracing setup

https://www.instagram.com/p/B969HmSJMkf/?igshid=r043odua04nb

jealous

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I guess that means he is racing this weekend in the just announced NASCAR Esport iracing thing they set up.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah him, Kyle Busch, Larson, and a bunch of other guys. FS1 is supposed to broadcast it.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind
Bobby Labonte too, so that will be cool. Sunday, 1:30 pm ET, FS1.

https://www.enascar.com/news-media/2020/03/19/fox-sports-to-deliver-sundays-enascar-iracing-pro-invitational-series-on-fs1/

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

A reminder while we are all shut in that youtube has good old races.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9omCqi6E9lo GREATEST TRACK OF ALL TIME

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

FOX will air the 1986 Spring Richmond race in its entirety following the conclusion of the iRacing celebrity race on FS1.

I was planning on doing CyTube after iRacing but may run it later tonight or sometime this week instead.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

I, for one, am glad to see your visionary realization of "Old races are better to watch" has gone mainstream.

If Fox makes this a regular thing they better bust out Motegi '98. Giant Darlington was a fuckin' trip and it's a tragedy that they only went once.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse
Here ya go...

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My dad just texted to say they’re probably doing this because it’s the only way they can get full stands lol

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I did a double take when they showed the stands.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
This looks like my rookie street stock races.

I love it.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Good ending

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

That was legitimately very fun.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

Now I want to simrace for the first time since NR2003.

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower

Cygni posted:

That was legitimately very fun.

maybe it's just the quarantine boredom talking, but I really did have fun watching that

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

iwentdoodie posted:

This looks like my rookie street stock races.

I love it.

Yeah when there was a caution on lap 2 I was like, yep, it's an iRacing race. But in typical iRacing fashion they had a bunch of cautions early, those guys ran out of quick repairs so they were stuck in the pits waiting for repairs and the last half went pretty smoothly. I kinda hope they do this every week with maybe some different guys mixed in, or different cars at different tracks or something. I'd like to see more retired guys get into it like maybe Dale Jarrett, or Mark Martin, Kenseth, Carl Edwards, Smoke? Just to drag out some familiar faces we haven't seen in a racing environment in a while.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Lol that owned.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want to see the top Cup guys against the top iRacing guys

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

sportsgenius86 posted:

I want to see the top Cup guys against the top iRacing guys

That would be a real pro invitational. You could tell right away the guys who run iRacing a lot were the best guys. I also really liked that they showed some of the different rigs the guys have. Timmy Hill runs like the same setup I do (though I paddle shift and don't run a clutch). Kinda funny to see Denny's loving full roll cage setup and then Hill's was just a wheel and shifter strapped to a desk with a single monitor and they both were in it for the win at the end.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Clint also confirming that the A car is harder to drive than his real cup car.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

algebra testes posted:

Clint also confirming that the A car is harder to drive than his real cup car.

A car is trash.. I've been sticking to b and c. B car still is fun to drive.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

tater_salad posted:

A car is trash.. I've been sticking to b and c. B car still is fun to drive.

I mostly run some mix of the lower class stuff, late models, SK's, tour mod, super lates, C class street stocks and even though it is rookie I really like running the legends. I just wish there was like a C class legend league with more laps and fewer scrubs. The only B class things I have right now are the sprint car because I'm an idiot and the Xfinity car because a friend convinced me to buy it so I could rank up to A. I then realized I'd have to spend so much money on tracks I don't think I'll race the Xfinity car much, though it does handle pretty well everywhere I've tested it. The sprint car...is a handful to say the least. I've done a little bit of testing with it after my buddy said it was impossible to drive and I thought, how hard could it be? It is rough. 800hp and fixed gear. I haven't had the balls to actually enter a race with it even after I've gotten the thing semi driveable at a few tracks. Don't wanna be That Guy putting the yellow out every 3 laps.

Douchebag
Oct 21, 2005

What wheel/pedal setup do you guys use? I haven’t swim raced in 15 years but I kinda want to now. Thinking of just buying a $200 Thrustmaster set and giving it a shot with iracing. Need to make sure I get an Xbox compatible wheel so I can play Forza too.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Do it and race Dirt Ovals.

Also agreed B is as far as I go regularly. A car isn't fun unless you are literally Dale Jr imo.

dentist toy box
Oct 9, 2012

There's a haint in the foothills of NC; the haint of the #3 chevy. The rich have formed a holy alliance to exorcise it but they'll never fucking catch him.

Unless they've changed it the cup car is super easy to drive now. Just hold it wide open and go forward.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

dentist toy box posted:

Unless they've changed it the cup car is super easy to drive now. Just hold it wide open and go forward.

Yep last few times I drove it with the new package it was more stable than the b car which means it's less exciting.

Outlaw Mailman
Jul 1, 2007
Two kinds of crazy
A cheaper setup will work fine, I've been running an old Driving Force GT since I started and manage to do ok. Plenty of super fast guys running G27's, and I've run into plenty of guys with $1000+ setups that can't get out of their own way.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

They got Jeff Gordon and Mike Joy doing commentary for iRacing now? Guess they are getting paid a season salary by Fox and they want to get them to work? :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlOzoTqsV8k

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

https://twitter.com/JennaFryer/status/1242551501731573760
If this lasts the 3+ months they're saying this will I genuinely will be surprised if this isn't the last few seasons for NASCAR

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Douchebag posted:

What wheel/pedal setup do you guys use? I haven’t swim raced in 15 years but I kinda want to now. Thinking of just buying a $200 Thrustmaster set and giving it a shot with iracing. Need to make sure I get an Xbox compatible wheel so I can play Forza too.

I use a Logitech G27 (the predecessor to the G29), though I recently splurged on Fanatec pedals. Basically any wheel you can buy at the charred remains of Fry's or Best Buy is fine and will be fine for years.

If you get super into sim stuff and don't have to spend money raising children, then eventually you might wanna upgrade your pedals, as pressure-based pedals (i.e. load cell pedals) make a legit difference in your braking consistency, which is nice on short ovals and road courses. But plenty of people never do, and they still do just fine. So yeah, to just hop in and start racing, buy whatever cheap poo poo you can find and have fun!

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Shine posted:

I use a Logitech G27 (the predecessor to the G29), though I recently splurged on Fanatec pedals. Basically any wheel you can buy at the charred remains of Fry's or Best Buy is fine and will be fine for years.

If you get super into sim stuff and don't have to spend money raising children, then eventually you might wanna upgrade your pedals, as pressure-based pedals (i.e. load cell pedals) make a legit difference in your braking consistency, which is nice on short ovals and road courses. But plenty of people never do, and they still do just fine. So yeah, to just hop in and start racing, buy whatever cheap poo poo you can find and have fun!

Stoffel Vandoorne is racing with a G29

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

Shine posted:

Yeah I have a super cheap setup that I bought thinking I'd upgrade if I got really into it but so far I haven't yet and it has been about a year and a half. I'll probably upgrade to the Logitech at some point but I also need to upgrade my computer, or at least my graphics card because as it is iRacing says my computer is not good enough to run iRacing but it does fine for the most part. I even started with a loving controller just to see if it was something I'd be into at all and bought a wheel like that same week.

Douchebag posted:

Need to make sure I get an Xbox compatible wheel so I can play Forza too.
I also used to run Forza like nonstop and honestly since getting iRacing I may have played Forza twice and didn't even bother buying Forza 7.