Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Captain Invictus posted:

boy I spent a good 15 seconds trying to articulate just how uncomfortable the term "skinsuit" as a fetish term made me reading your post but I'm having trouble putting it into words

it's very. very uncomfortable

I just thought of it as miniature meat mecha, and I think I'll stick with that

"Miniature meat mecha" is the most appealing way you could possibly word it holy poo poo

I wanna see a creepy anime about miniature meat mechas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Really cause I just thought that the people who want to gently caress FNAF characters finally got their anime.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ninjewtsu posted:

"Miniature meat mecha" is the most appealing way you could possibly word it holy poo poo

I wanna see a creepy anime about miniature meat mechas

Attack on Titan kind of counts, depending on how miniature you want them to be.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Can we skip the hand wringing part of Gleipnir and go to the part where everyone watches it and jacks off anyway.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

Can we skip the hand wringing part of Gleipnir and go to the part where everyone watches it and jacks off anyway.

I mean, we already had the hand wringing fetish anime. It even got a sequel.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
BNA
Otome/Bakarina
Tower of God

Continuing Railgun S3

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
How the hell did Tsugumomo get a second season?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Lmao

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

RatHat posted:

How the hell did Tsugumomo get a second season?

Because it was popular and pushed sales of the manga.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

What if I skip to the part where I just mute it because I don't care

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
imagine all the people

discussing shows they like

whoohoo hoooooo

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

https://twitter.com/yurucamp_anime/status/1242073657536479232?s=20

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Nice!

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I don't know how many people are going to be excited based on how it seems like season 2 let down the majority of the fanbase on SA here.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

I know exactly what scene that first shot in particular is referencing and I'm really looking forward to seeing it animated. Hopefully the long wait means that the staff has a generous schedule and we'll get an even more polished product than S1.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

Julias posted:

I don't know how many people are going to be excited based on how it seems like season 2 let down the majority of the fanbase on SA here.

S2 had a mediocre story, which honestly you can get around by having good animation and/or pacing. Sadly it had neither. I might still give it a shot but yeah, the expectations aint high.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

BNA, Appare-Ranman, and Gal Dino for me.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM-KXdVv49s

Uzaki chan anime in Summer.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Such a fleshfang....

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Julias posted:

Season 2 was actually pretty good for the most part! They toned down some of the irritating things from s1 and gave all the characters a chance to have their moments in the sun without it feeling forced. If they had handled the fox arc better I might have put it as better than the first season, but that did drag it down a lot. To their credit it is a very difficult subject to work with respectfully.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

Hopefully they finally get around to answering the titular question in season 3.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

I'm kind of bummed IR looks like it's going to end without answering any of the crim plot hooks, unless that happens in the next ep

how did I get invested in this stupid comedy sex show i hate myself

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Grapplejack posted:

I'm kind of bummed IR looks like it's going to end without answering any of the crim plot hooks, unless that happens in the next ep

how did I get invested in this stupid comedy sex show i hate myself

Dumb comedy option; It gets a second cour movie.

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

GorfZaplen posted:

Gleipnirs a really cool comic I'm still a fan of even when it is translated infrequently.

The symbiotic relationship of the partnership is treated as a sexual partnership too and theres some drama that comes from that. It's both interesting and too sexy (lots of nudity and allusions to sexual relationships) and too dark for most people here, (it's not a fun adventure with no consequences, everything has tremendous weight and cost) so I don't see it becoming a very popular watch in this crowd. Its less exploitative than most of the death game stuff that gets adapted though, that heavy consequences for every action aspect of it is pretty universal.

Sharkopath fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Mar 24, 2020

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i lust for death

Sharkopath
May 27, 2009

Davincie posted:

i lust for death

Theres a lot of it, it's just also really lacking in the IM SO CRAZY WOOO lame villains that a lot of death games do, everybody has good reasons for what they do even if they're unsavory or the people doing them a bit broken.

It's a neat aspect of the story.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

now it actually sounds interesting, I'll check it out. that blurb didn't do it any favors and just made me think of Planet With

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
infrequent translations made me fall off it but it definitely carries interesting emotional weight w/ many of the chars chasing answers or otherwise finding fulfillment in their powers/partnerships

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

quote:

:siren:BNA
Trigger | You Yoshinari | Kazuki Nakashima ; Nanami Higuchi | Fantasy | Original | Apr 9, 2020
In the 21st century, the existence of animal-humans came to light after being hidden in the darkness of history. Michiru lived life as a normal human, until one day she suddenly turns into a tanuki-human. She runs away and takes refuge in a special city area called "Anima City" that was set up 10 years ago for animal-humans to be able to live as themselves. There Michiru meets Shirou, a wolf-human who hates humans. Through Shirou, Michiru starts to learn about the worries, lifestyle, and joys of the animal-humans. As Michiru and Shirou try to learn why Michiru suddenly turned into an animal-human, they unexpectedly get wrapped up in a large incident.
PV
Thread

Forgall
Oct 16, 2012

by Azathoth

Patware posted:

now it actually sounds interesting, I'll check it out. that blurb didn't do it any favors and just made me think of Planet With
Planet With is good though?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Planet With is just really hurt by only being one cour. If it had some more time to naturally develop the characters and their relationships, the way Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer does, it would've been fantastic. As it is it rushes through that stuff too fast.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

The Colonel posted:

imagine all the people

discussing shows they like

whoohoo hoooooo

hard to discuss shows I like when there aren't any I like this season

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

Sharkopath posted:

Gleipnirs a really cool comic I'm still a fan of even when it is translated infrequently.

The symbiotic relationship of the partnership is treated as a sexual partnership too and theres some drama that comes from that. It's both interesting and too sexy (lots of nudity and allusions to sexual relationships) and too dark for most people here, (it's not a fun adventure with no consequences, everything has tremendous weight and cost) so I don't see it becoming a very popular watch in this crowd. Its less exploitative than most of the death game stuff that gets adapted though, that heavy consequences for every action aspect of it is pretty universal.

that sounds pretty cool

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Gripweed posted:

Planet With is just really hurt by only being one cour. If it had some more time to naturally develop the characters and their relationships, the way Lucifer and the Biscuit Hammer does, it would've been fantastic. As it is it rushes through that stuff too fast.

Planet With's fast pacing is part of what makes it distinctive, though.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

yeah i loved planet with and am pretty confident that would not have been the case if it was twice the length

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
it was a bit rushed but i liked it more than lucifer and the biscuit hammer and think it pretty much did everything it needed to in the time it had to be an effective and complete story

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I made a Gal and Dino thread

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3918113

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

yeah but i've seen planet with

i loved planet with

i wouldn't want to see planet with again

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

quote:

:siren:Gal to Kyouryuu
Space Neko Company ; Kamikaze Douga | Jun Aoki | Jun Aoki | Slice of Life, Comedy, Seinen | Manga | Apr 5, 2020
One day, Kaede, a gyaru, picks up a dinosaur and begins living with it. The short comedy depicts their daily lives together as the dinosaur consumes human food, watches TV, and enjoys fashionable things. Thus begins the story of a gal and a dinosaur cohabiting that transcends time.
PV
Thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Patware posted:

yeah but i've seen planet with

i loved planet with

i wouldn't want to see planet with again

Kinda where I'm at on it. I enjoyed it a lot as I watched but it's not something I find myself thinking about a lot or expect to go back to for the forseeable future.