Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

having opened the coffee, wfh and pics threads next to each other i now think there should be an autoban for posting a thread with the title starting with the name of the forum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

heh, you guys, i dont follow the news so when i get them theyre OLDS

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

there should be an autoban for posting a thread

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

qirex posted:

limit your exposure to news if need be, especially tv news. you'll still hear about really important poo poo

Shaggar posted:

also don't loving go in cspam. those people are all nuts.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

limit your exposure to news if need be, especially tv news. you'll still hear about really important poo poo

yeah. i may have to starting muting words on twitter, its just non stop

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
don't read actual twitter

don't watch live press conferences

read the d&d (not cspam) politics thread, scroll past all the text posts, pause to read embedded tweets

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
since i usually tune into sports radio for background noise now that im home you can watch the jim rome show on cbssn every weekday noon to 3pm EDT

it's not all sports and it's a daily 3 hour thing if you need one

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
jim rome rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nlksqIm3xvI

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
definitely do not watch or listen to anything Trump says. It ruined my entire day yesterday.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
jim rome loving sucks and i have no idea how anyone can listen to him

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
twitter is fine if you don't follow political people cause they're just a shitshow.

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

cspam is good if you aren't prone to hopeless nihilism. If u are then yes avoid it lol

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
cspam is convinced that joe biden is secretly dead

which, you know, would actually be cool and good, but i just don't have that level of conspiratorial optimism. guess i'm not cut out to be a cspam poster

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

DELETE CASCADE posted:

which, you know, would actually be cool and good, but i just don't have that level of conspiratorial optimism. guess i'm not cut out to be a cspam poster

hes not dead hes just in severe cognitive decline

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

DELETE CASCADE posted:

it’s because a podcaster said it, and cspam suffers from the inability to read jokes like all fans do

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Broken Machine posted:

so you're a linux developer

the silent killer

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lancemantis posted:

it’s because a podcaster said it, and cspam suffers from the inability to read jokes like all fans do

if it turned out biden was the second clone and they wheeled out joe triden from a freezer i’d probably vote for him just on general principle.

Share Bear
Apr 27, 2004

Stereotype posted:

definitely do not watch or listen to anything Trump says. It ruined my entire day yesterday.

if you didnt mute the dude in 2016 you're either an idiot or in love with him

but i repeat myself

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
i stopped listening to public radio on my commutes after the election. couldn’t stand listening to him or about him.

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

rotor posted:

this has super paid off for me over the last years.

:same:

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lancemantis posted:

also it would be super funny if he was dead. like, they've just been "weekend at bernie's"ing him for the past month and he won a bunch of elections while being dead and they just keep going with it until we have a dead president

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

after watching trump's press conferences for the last few days, i'm pretty sure a dead president would be better than what we have now

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

DELETE CASCADE posted:

after watching trump's press conferences for the last few days, i'm pretty sure a dead president would be better than what we have now

he seems to be all about the dead presidents.

Broken Machine
Oct 22, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BCsxQg3NE4

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Stereotype posted:

also it would be super funny if he was dead. like, they've just been "weekend at bernie's"ing him for the past month and he won a bunch of elections while being dead and they just keep going with it until we have a dead president

Finally, someone to represent me

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaa blah blah blah blah la la la la la aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

you ok there, Mr. Brush?

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaa blah blah blah blah la la la la la aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

you’re right, we should probably drop the political derail. we have plenty of other places to have that chat.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

over the last several years i've become accustomed to the amount of personal interaction i get from being a professor and teaching several big studio classes every week. i already find the summer and winter breaks socially challenging, because i go from talking to about 100 different people a week to like 5, and the school is deserted and everyone i know with a normal job is still working 9-5 and all my coworkers are AWOL. i'm still working on papers and stuff but the social isolation is really hard.

normally i get through it with hobbies:

- riding motorcycle
- flying airplane
- making new things in the shops
- taking random classes and going to meetups

and, uh, WELP

i have been doing a lot of cooking and playing the piano but the classes have been cancelled since the 9th and i'm beginning to go crazy

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

over the last several years i've become accustomed to the amount of personal interaction i get from being a professor and teaching several big studio classes every week. i already find the summer and winter breaks socially challenging, because i go from talking to about 100 different people a week to like 5, and the school is deserted and everyone i know with a normal job is still working 9-5 and all my coworkers are AWOL. i'm still working on papers and stuff but the social isolation is really hard.

- riding motorcycle
- flying airplane

and, uh, WELP

i have been doing a lot of cooking and playing the piano but the classes have been cancelled since the 9th and i'm beginning to go crazy

I've been videochatting everyone I know, including people I haven't talked to in years.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Sagebrush posted:

- riding motorcycle
- flying airplane

and, uh, WELP

god bless u for figureing out how to survive the horror of only working 8 months a year you hero

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
just slept 7 pm-12am and had plague nightmares this owns

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

bump_fn posted:

god bless u for figureing out how to survive the horror of only working 8 months a year you hero

you can read better than that. cmon.

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost

Sagebrush posted:

- riding motorcycle
- flying airplane

and, uh, WELP

I recently took up leather working. It is relaxing and involves little enough equipment that I can pack up everything at the end of the night so my wife doesn’t go nuts.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

haveblue posted:

read the d&d (not cspam) politics thread

lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

haveblue posted:

read the d&d (not cspam) politics thread

please don’t advocate self-harm in yospos.

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

haveblue posted:

read the d&d (not cspam) politics thread, scroll past all the text posts, pause to read embedded tweets

absolutely do not do this

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
twitter is only good for trolling various brand social media managers

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Stereotype posted:

I've been videochatting everyone I know, including people I haven't talked to in years.

yep. i'm just calling a random person i haven't talked to in a while every day. trust me- they'll pick up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

jim rome rules

he's an entirely different person now than that era