Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yep. i'm just calling a random person i haven't talked to in a while every day. trust me- they'll pick up

Same but emailing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Sagebrush posted:

over the last several years i've become accustomed to the amount of personal interaction i get from being a professor and teaching several big studio classes every week. i already find the summer and winter breaks socially challenging, because i go from talking to about 100 different people a week to like 5, and the school is deserted and everyone i know with a normal job is still working 9-5 and all my coworkers are AWOL. i'm still working on papers and stuff but the social isolation is really hard.

normally i get through it with hobbies:

- riding motorcycle
- flying airplane
- making new things in the shops
- taking random classes and going to meetups

and, uh, WELP

i have been doing a lot of cooking and playing the piano but the classes have been cancelled since the 9th and i'm beginning to go crazy

just post ya dummy

Gnossiennes
Jan 7, 2013

Loving chairs more every day!

Sagebrush posted:

over the last several years i've become accustomed to the amount of personal interaction i get from being a professor and teaching several big studio classes every week. i already find the summer and winter breaks socially challenging, because i go from talking to about 100 different people a week to like 5, and the school is deserted and everyone i know with a normal job is still working 9-5 and all my coworkers are AWOL. i'm still working on papers and stuff but the social isolation is really hard.

normally i get through it with hobbies:

- riding motorcycle
- flying airplane
- making new things in the shops
- taking random classes and going to meetups

and, uh, WELP

i have been doing a lot of cooking and playing the piano but the classes have been cancelled since the 9th and i'm beginning to go crazy

as a professional ID who had some really good professors thank u for ur service :unsmith:

TerminalRaptor
Nov 6, 2012

Mostly Harmless
I gooned out and got a Valve Index last year. I guess it's playing off now, although I had no idea Valve was making a game when I bought it. Alyx is amazing a nice distraction from going stir crazy in the house.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

graph posted:

he's an entirely different person now than that era

i know, i used to listen to him on AM radio all the time relatively recently

i just love that clip

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

President Beep posted:

i stopped listening to public radio on my commutes after the election. couldn’t stand listening to him or about him.

npr loving loves trump and they get big boners when they can post 90 seconds of soundbite and 30 seconds of "hmm! seems off! vote pelosi"

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Midjack posted:

number go up!

no wait not that number!

poo poo.

numbers go up is a very yospos game and everyone here should be playing it

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

echinopsis posted:

numbers go up is a very yospos game and everyone here should be playing it

Only registered members can see post attachments!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD posted:

this.....t;his, is yospos

this is true op

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Thank god this will have blown over by Easter.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

what do we know about always on vpn

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
country now locked down. just said goodbye to gf and doubtful i’ll see much if any of my kids this next 4 weeks

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

gently caress lol

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

echinopsis posted:

country now locked down. just said goodbye to gf and doubtful i’ll see much if any of my kids this next 4 weeks

good luck echi

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
thanks man. it’s bizarro world out there

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
echi i know we give you boundless levels of poo poo but i love you and you're a smart and solid dude and i hope i am ok being proud that you are my e-friend. we will get through this. no irony in this post

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't know what to say man, that means a lot. I appreciate it. I feel the same way. we're all lucky around here to know each other.

this thread and forum is gonna keep me sane over the next while

we will get thru it

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
it's weird i've lived my life pretty much the exact same as i always have except i am missing going to the bar on tuesdays

i've had no anxiety about this whatsoever, i'm just floating by without a care

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
hey echinopsis remember when i met you? that was cool

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
i do sort of wish i had met more of you but oh well

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

echinopsis posted:

good luck buddy

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Stereotype posted:

I’m a little gutted I missed my echi meet moment

Moo Cowabunga
Jun 15, 2009

[Office Worker.

Locked down on the farm. could be worse so thinking of those who are apart from those they love and all that. be strong, be safe, be kind, don’t be a dick, just post

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Stereotype posted:

yeah those were the days. I'm glad we made it happen

Stereotype posted:

good luck buddy

thanks. you too. can tell you're struggling a bit. we'll make it through

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

I’m a little gutted I missed my echi meet moment

yeah it was such a slim opportunity

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah not gonna lie this is starting to effect me. we only officially went into lockdown a few days ago but we’ve all been sheltering for about two weeks now. it’s getting harder and harder for me to get out of bed in the morning. it doesn’t help that i’m here by myself- no family or roommates or anything

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
i'm rocking it solo, too. except for the cat, who refuses to ration his treats.

make sure to get some sort of exercise. not sure what your situation is, but i have a sumo rack in the basement so i'm able to get my lifts in.

try just calisthenics or body weight exercises. it helps.

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

yeah i've been going out for walks/jogs about twice a day. averaging about five miles a day. it's the social aspect that's killing me

Fatal Error
Feb 13, 2013

by sebmojo
i’m pretty much confined to my one-room dorm and i wish i could at least leave for a walk

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

PIZZA.BAT posted:

yeah i've been going out for walks/jogs about twice a day. averaging about five miles a day. it's the social aspect that's killing me

vr chat, my man. you'll lose that urge real quick.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
our project manager tested roni positive today :toot:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

welp, my boss instituted daily Team telcos at 10 every morning now.

spent 40 mins discussing nothing and watching youtube clips about the cicada plague in africa

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
I was supposed to buy a desk and then borrow my work monitors for however long this lasted but now they have announced the office is actually shut so welp!

fivehead
Jul 11, 2017

Americans Need Cash Now

Brass Hand posted:

I was supposed to buy a desk and then borrow my work monitors for however long this lasted but now they have announced the office is actually shut so welp!

work should buy desk

never put a crisis to waste

Zlodo
Nov 25, 2006

Brass Hand posted:

where I work we had a lot of people who had to borrow equipment from work because they couldn't work correctly through remote desktop (like 3d artists) and they organized it so that a couple people where on the premises and people would come in a different time to pick up the stuff they needed so that there would be like max 5 people in at any time

then they deployed citrix to allow almost everyone to be able to work remotely without having their work PC at home so they did this all over again early this week for people to bring their PC back to the office

I mean it requires some organization but our studio (and pretty much all of ubisoft, really) were able to transition to full remote work without as much fuss as we feared

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Just got my first few “out sick” auto replies from some UK colleagues I was supposed to meet with in a bit. That’s a wet blanket on my morning.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28o6fJda1c

1 more week of oldjob then i get to find out how to onboarding from home at the new place.

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

fivehead posted:

work should buy desk

never put a crisis to waste

agreed OP I think they will offer that soon.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
where's my $1200 nancy

where is it

you fucks don't get to go on vacation now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
ask the senate, where the bill is being held up by a couple of republicans concerned that being unemployed might pay a little better than minimum wage