Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Oh. Yeha I meant for Online, which focuses on a weird axis and ignores a third of the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

Negative_Earth posted:

Ambarino is equally underutilized.
In Single Player? Yeah, but honestly it works to good effect. Ambarino has no doctors, no stores, no inns, but has the most aggressive animal life. It's barren, but there's also weird poo poo up there. It's a purposefully isolating part of the map which works.

New Austin is weird in the post-game because it's weird John's going there to begin with. The exact wording from the old game was that he doesn't know New Austin and the Gang never went there. So, you can spin it that him going on a couple trips there is fine, but still... Armadillo was supposed to be Tombstone, Arizona in decline. The idea that the town has virtually been wiped out by a plague and then repopulated in the end of the 1910s is an odd thought.

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Here's my dude still rocking the starting dungarees at level 133

It really pissed me off that the rope belt cost a gold bar (and other hobo gear costs gold despite it being literal trash clothing but whatever)

TheTrend
Feb 4, 2005
I have a descriminating toe

Bloopsy posted:

Finally got around to getting this for PC while it was on sale today. Is this game still a buggy crashing mess?

If you’re around evenings PST and want to do the online story hit me up. I can’t finish them without a partner

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales

Timeless Appeal posted:

In Single Player? Yeah, but honestly it works to good effect. Ambarino has no doctors, no stores, no inns, but has the most aggressive animal life. It's barren, but there's also weird poo poo up there. It's a purposefully isolating part of the map which works.

New Austin is weird in the post-game because it's weird John's going there to begin with. The exact wording from the old game was that he doesn't know New Austin and the Gang never went there. So, you can spin it that him going on a couple trips there is fine, but still... Armadillo was supposed to be Tombstone, Arizona in decline. The idea that the town has virtually been wiped out by a plague and then repopulated in the end of the 1910s is an odd thought.

I assumed that was just an easy way to do 'all the characters from RDR1 aren't here right now to avoid the plothole of Marston meeting them later for the first time' thing.

I'm also assuming eventually RDO will do that thing GTAO did and start before the game before add-ons slowly and ambiguously move the story past the game and make it one big confusing mess.

TURGID TOMFOOLERY
Nov 1, 2019

I loved Ambarino when I was exploring and I kept waiting for it to pop up and become a main part of the story. It’s kind of wild that so much in game area is basically independent of the plot.

I freaking love it though.

Dick Jones
Jun 20, 2002

Number 2 Guy at OCP

Wolfsheim posted:

I assumed that was just an easy way to do 'all the characters from RDR1 aren't here right now to avoid the plothole of Marston meeting them later for the first time' thing.

I'm also assuming eventually RDO will do that thing GTAO did and start before the game before add-ons slowly and ambiguously move the story past the game and make it one big confusing mess.

They should have done this to begin with. More options for new weapons, more train routes, and more finished buildings. There'd just be slightly fewer places to hunt in Big Valley. And I guess Braithwaite Manor would be a little different as well.

Ygolonac
Nov 26, 2007

pre:
CLUTCH  NIXON

The Hero We Need
:lol: Red Dead Beta Online - fast travelled to camp, spawned inside the covered wagon and couldn't exit. :clint: + :v:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Dick Jones posted:

They should have done this to begin with. More options for new weapons, more train routes, and more finished buildings. There'd just be slightly fewer places to hunt in Big Valley. And I guess Braithwaite Manor would be a little different as well.

It'd really could have added to the whole moonshine profession because with the Braithwaites all dead, you could be setting up a new operation and fighting your rivals in order to fill the void they left

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

R* set both GTAO and RDO before their respective single player timelines so they could have more enemy groups and voice acting available at launch. They can still use gangs and characters that get wiped out later by the SP protags without anyone wondering how they're back.

It's still dumb since obviously none of that matters at all to players and it limits them in other ways, but they want to put as little time and effort into the Online parts of their games as they can.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
I mean it makes sense for Red Dead Online as there is stuff that is straight up destroyed by the end of the singe-player and 1898 feels more in line with the heart of the Old West than 190whatever...

It's a bit silly that that they didn't make some token map changes and just have the game take place in like 1895.

MonkeyLibFront
Feb 26, 2003
Where's the cake?
I'm probably being blind, but where do I find in SP the list of completed side missions and ones that are active or have been started should I say, I can only find the list of completed story missions 🤷🏻‍♂️

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Is there a known fix for the activation error? Friend and I got the game and it works fine for me, but despite uninstalling/reinstalling, deleting folders and recreating his profile he can't get it to work.

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

MonkeyLibFront posted:

I'm probably being blind, but where do I find in SP the list of completed side missions and ones that are active or have been started should I say, I can only find the list of completed story missions 🤷🏻‍♂️

if you feel there are some left but they don't show up change your karma or whatever. become real bad or real good (via gameplay or that old fart) and check the map again

oh nevermind. u said SP.
i blame WFH disoriented syndrome lol

Sleekly fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 23, 2020

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Well pardners, looks like this is the end of the trail for me. Skipped a login day after 86 days because I forgot: RIP the streak. Honestly the last 30 days have been just logging in, drinking whiskey or whatever was easiest then logging out to do something else so it's just as well. I hoped they'd have a new Club Pass up this month but seems like Rockstar decided that a Battle Royale shootout mode was more important.

See you all in a year or so, when the game finally gets more content that isn't just going to be ruined by hackers.

SolidSnakesBandana
Jul 1, 2007

Infinite ammo
I really didn't like how the game made me feel like some kind of addict for logging on solely to do dailies that I didn't really feel like doing. I'm glad I skipped my daily.

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Same, honestly. Also for the times when I feel like cowboyin' a little I decided to stop doing whatever was most efficient and convenient; I set up camp in Ambarino and I am thoroughly enjoying roaming around the place, fishing, finding new spots and vistas. It's a pity that the northern area wasn't featured much in singleplayer except the starting Colter section and the couple times you have to go to the Indian reserve later on.

What's some other places that are usually ignored that I could visit? Roanoke valley / Annesburg area maybe? I'm sick to death of the heartlands, lemoyne and west elizabeth.

Also, I'm kind of wanting to return to singleplayer for a while. The "number go up" addictive part of multiplayer has dried up quite a bit having reached max rank in the 2 professions that were enjoyable to me (collector and trader), and the multiplayer modes are all utter crap except maybe the fishing challenges.

We really need a new profession and/or outlaw pass n°3 just to shake things up a little

Clavavisage
Nov 12, 2011

SolidSnakesBandana posted:

I really didn't like how the game made me feel like some kind of addict for logging on solely to do dailies that I didn't really feel like doing. I'm glad I skipped my daily.

2/3 Frogs Collected

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
Even under quarantine I made it through about five days of dailies before I was like "why am I grinding 20 minutes a day in the possibility of eventually spending the gold when they add fun things to do in 1-2 years" and cut and ran

I wonder if they'll ever add even little things to the single player, like the new cars and guns and mosaic collectibles and peyote trips they put into GTAV?

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I’m trying to 100% complete single player and it sounds infinitely less tedious and more fun than all the MP stories the past 30-50 pages

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Professorjuggalo posted:

I’m trying to 100% complete single player and it sounds infinitely less tedious and more fun than all the MP stories the past 30-50 pages

Eh, it's what you make of it. I gave up on trying to keep my gold streak alive the moment i realized I didn't want to actually spend the gold on anything (so, a day). If you treat it like a job then yeah that sounds grueling.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Fertilizing threads since 2010

Professorjuggalo posted:

It's not tedious and is extremely fun if you're playing with a group and not doing the extremely goonful thing of trying to play the online game solo. Then throwing a tantrum because your wagon got griffed

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Professorjuggalo posted:

That's what I'm working on. I've got every achievement but the gold medals and most of the objectives are fun. Grinding the Exotic Plume Collectibles were rear end though... and trying to find the 3 star animals for "It's Art." Other than that though, good stuff.

For me, Online is all about picking fights. I do the dailies for gold, but it's mostly an excuse to travel the game world and run into players.

If any goons want to add me, I'm always happy to help get you through the tedious bullshit. SC: ZestyCrabLegs. And jump into the goon discord.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 25, 2020

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Oberst posted:

It's not tedious and is extremely fun if you're playing with a group and not doing the extremely goonful thing of trying to play the online game solo. Then throwing a tantrum because your wagon got griffed

"Its fun with friends" is also how people defended fallout 76

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Sleekly posted:

It's fun. That's what's gained. Human players are usually so much deadlier, or at least more unpredictable than NPCs that killing them and wrecking their poo poo is it's own reward.
Stick to story if you don't want this, it's the reason online exists. To interact with others.

Oberst
May 24, 2010

Ugh why is the stripped down online mode not fun alone??.?

Also please show me where fallout 76 is orginally a single player game lmao

Jeff Goldblum
Dec 3, 2009

I saved up my 40 gold, should Outlaw Pass No. 3 ever be released. It’s really the only thing that would bring me back for seeing what kind of new content and added experience I can get on my own, though I would prefer it also be an incentive for friends to play.

It’s an alright multiplayer game, and it will remain shelved with games like Sea of Thieves, which will eventually become alluring to myself and others when better content is added.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side

Oberst posted:

Ugh why is the stripped down online mode not fun alone??.?

Also please show me where fallout 76 is orginally a single player game lmao

I mean I guess it's a weird defense because everything is fun with friends? Dicking around in Garry's mod is fun with friends. Desert bus is fun with friends. Fortnite is fun with friends, even.

whos that broooown
Dec 10, 2009

2024 Comeback Poster of the Year

Athaboros posted:

I really wish you could play as Arthur in the postgame via video game logic or something. I never did any of the legendary hunting or fishing, but I'm having a hard time finding motivation to play as John :smith:

I like playing as Marston, I just wish he wasn't so poo poo at drawing.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
His journal entries are so goddamned endearing after getting used to Arthur.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I too lost a 96 day streak that made me contemplate what it is I had done all that time...
It wasn't much.
I did stuff, but not a lot of stuff really in terms of effort.

When you break it all down it amounted to less than gently caress-all.

♫ Cowboy look is the one I sought
Can't change now cause the clothes are bought
To be a true Cowboy was my fate
I can't help it if I was born late ♫

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Who made this? :rockstar:

Looking for the original or bigger version of it.

Someone found it in the GTA thread.

Zesty fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Mar 26, 2020

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
e: Wrong thread!

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Mar 26, 2020

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

Hmm, after the last couple of driver updates RDR2 seem to have some weird graphics glitch, with random red and white flashes. Other games don't have any similar problem.

Here a short video, it's annoying as hell

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIG5GjsqlOM

is this known? What can I do? I hope it's not my GPU dying because being in lockdown with no videogaming scares me :ohdear:

Double Agent
Mar 28, 2005

Maybe we're not just a bunch of frak-ups after all.
I just started playing RDO not too long after the rank based rewards were announced. I've received all of the other rewards I have qualified for so far, but I can not find the bow I should have got for hitting level 10. I've checked on my horse, in the lockbox at camp, at the post office, and I even checked the catalogue to see if I was given a coupon to get one free. Nothing. I've even stabled my horse to get a different one out, checked on that horse, and then brought the first horse out and checked again and still nothing. Anyone have any ideas?

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
Rank 10. It only costs 125 bucks and you won't need it for a long time anyway. Hell, I only pull it out for Master Archer free roam event and when I need to dynamite arrow a wagon or defensive player.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
Goddamn I accidentally clicked on a color in the catalog and blew $90 on a dumb hat.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Any word on what the mystery coupons from the Outlaw Pass are for?

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Are the RDO story missions fun at least? About to finish my second SP playthrough on PC and wondering if I should just uninstall after I’m done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
Yeah, they are decent. Nothing mind blowing, but doing them gives you missions to areas not covered in SP. Many of them take you to the West, and are a change of pace. They are pretty fun in a group, too.

It won’t be a bad idea to head into RDO and see where the world takes you.