Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
My bigger question here is about Sabine. Last we saw Ms Tano she and Sabine were heading off looking for Ezra. She gonna be in it too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

It's not clear how much elapsed time there was in the Rebels epilogue. If it's only three years post-Jakku, they might not have set off on that trip yet.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
I mean, it's also Sabine. We all know she should be showing up in the Mandalorian, let's be loving honest. Especially with Gideon's weapon in play.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Madurai posted:

I am certainly of two minds as to this development. I am simultaneously excited to see how Ahsoka would translate in live-action and unsure that that's the direction I'd want to see the plot go. I mean, it's Filoni, there's basically a 0% chance he could resist doing it, but I was kind of enjoying the glowstick-free Star War.

Ahsoka was just carrying a staff at the end of Rebels. It could still be glowstick-free if she clowns Darktroopers only using that, sort of like Chirrut.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Well, Ahsoka's gotta die by the ST so she can cheer Rey on from the afterlife with all the other Jedi, so having her die to Gideon would be a hilarious way to go about it

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Vinylshadow posted:

Well, Ahsoka's gotta die by the ST so she can cheer Rey on from the afterlife with all the other Jedi, so having her die to Gideon would be a hilarious way to go about it

Filoni on that bit posted:

“It doesn’t really have any big implications to what I’m doing with the character, to be honest. I just thought it was a really fun thing. I thought J.J. [Abrams]’s instinct to be so inclusive with all these various elements of Star Wars and characters [was great]. And I thought it would be a great thing for the actors involved to be a part of something that was just really this celebrating moment of the Star Wars saga. So I didn’t think of it in a literal story [way]. The film, to me, is like a different area.”
https://www.slashfilm.com/ahsoka-tano-death-dave-filoni-rise-of-skywalker/

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
ignoring the st completely is what i would do tbh, everyone else will gladly go along with it at this point

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

site posted:

ignoring the st completely is what i would do tbh, everyone else will gladly go along with it at this point

Nah

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

omfg

[edit] I can't believe this is real. She actually got cast. I'm so loving happy.

teagone fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Mar 21, 2020

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

site posted:

Agreed, glad to see Filoni is also going to give them the matrix sequels treatment

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.

bunnyofdoom posted:

I mean, it's also Sabine. We all know she should be showing up in the Mandalorian, let's be loving honest. Especially with Gideon's weapon in play.

Cast Chloe Bennett as Sabine you cowards.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

GLOSS posted:

Cast Chloe Bennett as Sabine you cowards.

Shhhh! She's supposed to be Doctor Aphra!

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!

Dawgstar posted:

Shhhh! She's supposed to be Doctor Aphra!

If Boop makes it alive to this time period, there's zero chance she'll have changed her ways, and she'll definitely have a fresh bounty within a week of any amnesty, pardon, or whatever. Mando picking up her tracker could be an interesting story.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I posted my pitch for season 2 and it has Mando breaking Aphra out of a prison because she was caught stealing Jedi artifacts. He needs her help to figure out Baby Yodas deal.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

I posted my pitch for season 2 and it has Mando breaking Aphra out of a prison because she was caught stealing Jedi artifacts. He needs her help to figure out Baby Yodas deal.

GREENLIGHT IT

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Aphra would then kidnap the baby and sell it for money before scampering off with the Mando's ship to also sell for money

cargohills
Apr 18, 2014

Aphra, an archeologist: "that's a baby, not an ancient ruin"

The Mandalorian, an idiot: "oh"

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Vinylshadow posted:

Aphra would then kidnap the baby and sell it for money before scampering off with the Mando's ship to also sell for money

She might feel slightly bad about it!

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
she would steal baby yoda but then drop him off with her sometimes ex gf

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

If Aphra was still alive during the time of The Mandalorian the galaxy would be in way worse shape than it is.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

If Aphra was still alive during the time of The Mandalorian the galaxy would be in way worse shape than it is.

Then we'll eventually learn she actually helped stop several ancient Jedi/Sith lords from coming back as vengeful wraiths and the Galaxy does in fact owe her a favor

...heck, she saved the Emperor's life at one point

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Doesn’t seem like he needed it now :v:

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Icon Of Sin posted:

Doesn’t seem like he needed it now :v:

True, but look how long it took for him to respawn, and the condition he came back in

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

And I believe they clarified that the new Emperor was a clone because why not crib more from Dark Empire.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I like seeing things focused on Ashoka, but these sisters are super cliched.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Trace is hitting all the Han points they skipped in Solo

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vinylshadow posted:

Trace is hitting all the Han points they skipped in Solo

We could lose the older sister who's constantly gaslighting her.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I imagine we will, sooner or later.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

I dunno, I liked how they actually sidestepped a cliche and addressed how (at least for the non-Force-user) being really into ships ≠ being a great pilot with Trace there.

But I'd be surprised if they went for full-on tragedy with them; they'll probably learn a lesson about trust and truthfulness or something in the next 2 eps.

Cross-Section fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 28, 2020

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It's more the older sibling constantly telling the younger one who is obviously smarter and more capable than them they'd be nothing without them, no one will look out for them but the older sibling, constantly gaslighting them. It happens every time you have a pair of siblings that are on their own.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

It's more the older sibling constantly telling the younger one who is obviously smarter and more capable than them they'd be nothing without them, no one will look out for them but the older sibling, constantly gaslighting them. It happens every time you have a pair of siblings that are on their own.

Rafa seems to be absolutely correct that Trace has zero business sense and is dangerously naive, though. Not that Rafa is worlds better in that regard, but I think one of these sisters is ready for life outside Level 1313, and one isn't.

VaultAggie
Nov 18, 2010

Best out of 71?
As much as I love Ahsoka, I’m not feeling these episodes. It’s nice to see her more mature and be the voice of reason but these sisters are very boring and dumb.

VaultAggie fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 31, 2020

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Ahsoka

aVultAggie posted:

As much as I love Ashoka, I’m not feeling these episodes. It’s nice to see her more mature and be the voice of reason but these sisters are very boring and dumb.

wtistedmentat posted:

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Do we know what the last arc is yet?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

General Dog posted:

Do we know what the last arc is yet?

Siege of Mandalore

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Vinylshadow posted:

Siege of Mandalore

Interesting, that means its 2 AHSOKA stories and none that focus on Anakin and Obiwan? I mean technically they were part of the bad batch but they Clones were the stars of that.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

Interesting, that means its 2 AHSOKA stories and none that focus on Anakin and Obiwan? I mean technically they were part of the bad batch but they Clones were the stars of that.

Obi-Wan and Anakin had some focus in Bad Batch - nothing as involved as Crystal Crisis, and there'll be a little lip service paid to them in SoM on account of them having to choose whether to rescue the chancellor or help Ahsoka in the first episode (going off the episode summaries)

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

twistedmentat posted:

I'm assuming Siege of Mandalor brings everyone together at least at some point. Certainly Anakin and Ahsoka

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Variety is now reporting Joby Harold (writer of, uh, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword) as the writer for the Obi-Wan series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

I've been here the whole time, and you're not my real Dad! :emo:
Oh poo poo, we all know that Scarlett Johanson will be cast as Sabine