Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

The worst actions are currently being directed from the White House so I'll take even the most centrist shithead Dem over Trump and his cronies actively working to destroy everything even marginally good in our govt.

- Supreme Court / Judges
- EPA
- Social Security
- Diplomacy & Intl Cooperation
- handling a global pandemic in even the most barely competent manner

The list goes on and on. The choice is not difficult.

-Joe is literally why we have Thomas
-Joe wants to cut that
-Joe also wants to cut that
-Joe loves forever wars, as long as it's robots fighting them
-What's Joe's plan, considering he's anti M4A and wants to cut social programs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

Supreme court like Clarence Thomas
Social Security he'd cut
Diplomacy like the Iraq war
And have you heard any words out of his mouth on the pandemic? He is not competent, let alone capable of handling things in the most barely competent manner. It took him a week to set up his in-home podcast!

I'll give you the EPA only because I don't want to look into it and find yet another reason to hate Biden.

All of it would be objectively better than 4 more years of Trump. I hate that that's the choice I'm being given, but that's life in this lovely world.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

HootTheOwl posted:

Supreme court like Clarence Thomas
Social Security he'd cut
Diplomacy like the Iraq war
And have you heard any words out of his mouth on the pandemic? He is not competent, let alone capable of handling things in the most barely competent manner. It took him a week to set up his in-home podcast!

I'll give you the EPA only because I don't want to look into it and find yet another reason to hate Biden.

Biden’s climate plan is so bad it will be worth than nothing. It will give libs a pat on the back while it will expand fracking lol.

Biden will be a slightly less homophobic pence. (There’s a reason pence isn’t allowed alone with women)

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

How are u posted:

All of it would be objectively better than 4 more years of Trump. I hate that that's the choice I'm being given, but that's life in this lovely world.

absolute nihilist

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

How are u posted:

Assuming you live in a swing state. If you don’t then you can’t claim any marginal benefit from you endorsing a rapist who will destroy the climate.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Oh poo poo and I even forgot Rapist Biden's climate plan is F rated by environmental groups

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

How are u posted:

Except everything I mentioned was the same if not worse than Trump who has started zero (0) Iraq wars.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Trabisnikof posted:

Biden’s climate plan is so bad it will be worth than nothing. It will give libs a pat on the back while it will expand fracking lol.

Biden will be a slightly less homophobic pence. (There’s a reason pence isn’t allowed alone with women)

I didn't want to know :smith:

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

HootTheOwl posted:

Except everything I mentioned was the same if not worse than Trump who has started zero (0) Iraq wars.

Trump's about to let 1,000,000+ Americans die of Coronavirus. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

The worst actions are currently being directed from the White House so I'll take even the most centrist shithead Dem over Trump and his cronies actively working to destroy everything even marginally good in our govt.

- Supreme Court / Judges
- EPA
- Social Security
- Diplomacy & Intl Cooperation
- handling a global pandemic in even the most barely competent manner

The list goes on and on. The choice is not difficult.

1. Joe Biden is going to cut Medicare and Social security as soon as a republican puts it on the table. He's promised to do it before, and he'll absolutely try to do it again.
2. He won't nationalize the industries that produce the supplies we need. He won't force pharmaceutical companies to research and produce drugs at affordable costs. He won't force companies to produce more ventilators, respirators, and hospital beds. I genuinely have no idea what it is you expect him to do. Say smarter things on television? He's stated that he will veto any attempt at medicare for all.
3. He's taking money from fossil fuel execs. That is who he'll install in the EPA.
4. He can't handle voter questions, how is he gonna handle Putin?

I guess judges might be good? I dunno. Maybe. Or maybe Merrick Garland will just happen every single time.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

1. Joe Biden is going to cut Medicare and Social security as soon as a republican puts it on the table. He's promised to do it before, and he'll absolutely try to do it again.
2. He won't nationalize the industries that produce the supplies we need. He won't force pharmaceutical companies to research and produce drugs at affordable costs. He won't force companies to produce more ventilators, respirators, and hospital beds. I genuinely have no idea what it is you expect him to do. Say smarter things on television? He's stated that he will veto any attempt at medicare for all.
3. He's taking money from fossil fuel execs. That is who he'll install in the EPA.
4. He can't handle voter questions, how is he gonna handle Putin?

I guess judges might be good? I dunno. Maybe. Or maybe Merrick Garland will just happen every single time.

He'd be better than Trump in all of these categories. Trump is actively worse in all of these categories. Also you're just speculating out your rear end and have no idea how he would govern. I'd expect much more like Obama, which isn't progress but also isn't a Death Cult.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

How are u posted:

Trump's about to let 1,000,000+ Americans die of Coronavirus. What the gently caress is wrong with you?

With the aid of Chuck Schumer (R) and Nancy Pelosi (R).

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

With the aid of Chuck Schumer (R) and Nancy Pelosi (R).

You're right, the world sucks. Instead of engaging with it to try and make it suck slightly less I'm going to cross my arms and say "everything is equally bad, so I'm not to blame" and leave it at that. I am extremely smart and grown-up.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

He'd be better than Trump in all of these categories. Trump is actively worse in all of these categories. Also you're just speculating out your rear end and have no idea how he would govern. I'd expect much more like Obama, which isn't progress but also isn't a Death Cult.

Seriously, dude? I'm basing my speculation on his actions. What are you basing yours on?

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Seriously, dude? I'm basing my speculation on his actions. What are you basing yours on?

His actions in 8 years of the Obama Administration.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

Great! Can you explain why he's taking fossil fuel money then?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

Every single person who doesn't support massive government takeover of the medical field is also about to let that happen, and so much more!

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Great! Can you explain why he's taking fossil fuel money then?

Because he loving sucks, OP. We deserve better, but we probably ain't getting it this cycle. AOC in 2024 is the Dream now.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

BTW, if anyone wants to commit to the easiest toxx of not voting for Rapist (D), mosey on over to CSPAM for your free gang tag: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916038

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth
Speaking of toxxes: how many people are we going to lose when Bernie eventually drops out?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

How are u posted:

Oh, well in that case, I guess you're cool with:

- open air slave markets
- ISIS
- blockading Yemen for our good ally Saudi Arabia and letting people die of starvation and malaria
- migrant detention camps
- subprime auto lending with loans now extending into 84 and 96 month terms
- healthcare profiteering
- the cost of higher education doubling in the span of 4 years

Feel free to defend any of those.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

How are u posted:

You mean like when the Obama Administration expanded oil and gas development in exchange for Republican “goodwill” and in doing so destroyed the only chance at a climate bill?

Yup you’re right it will be exactly like that.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

Oh, well in that case, I guess you're cool with:

- open air slave markets
- ISIS
- blockading Yemen for our good ally Saudi Arabia and letting people die of starvation and malaria
- migrant detention camps
- subprime auto lending with loans now extending into 84 and 96 month terms
- healthcare profiteering
- the cost of higher education doubling in the span of 4 years

Feel free to defend any of those.

You sure seem like you're arguing in good faith!

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

Because he loving sucks, OP. We deserve better, but we probably ain't getting it this cycle. AOC in 2024 is the Dream now.

OK, and here's my point:

If you vote blue no matter who, the democratic establishment will do everything in their power to make sure that AOC will never have a chance to get to the general. They will use all of their available resources to install some chuckle-gently caress like Kamala Harris, because they know you will vote for her anyway.

You have to give the establishment a reason to make AOC the future candidate. You have to tell them "I will not vote for anyone who will not represent my needs." Otherwise, you will get Hillarys, Bidens, and Petes until the whole system collapses.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

no let's be honest, nothing that person posted was wrong. What did the administration do that balances the weight?

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

How are u posted:

You're the one espousing his 8 years of experience in the Obama administration.

If you want to engage, engage. If you want to be a nihilist and moan about how everyone else just doesn't understand that we have to vote for The Lesser Of Two Evils, you can piss off.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

You're the one espousing his 8 years of experience in the Obama administration.

If you want to engage, engage. If you want to be a nihilist and moan about how everyone else just doesn't understand that we have to vote for The Lesser Of Two Evils, you can piss off.

Obama didn't create open air slave markets and Obama didn't create ISIS so clearly you and I live in entirely different worlds. That's fine, enjoy Leftist Twitter and feel great about yourself.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

Obama didn't create open air slave markets and Obama didn't create ISIS so clearly you and I live in entirely different worlds. That's fine, enjoy Leftist Twitter and feel great about yourself.

Obama's administration destroyed Libya, which now has literal open air slave markets, and even Obama friendly historians agree that ISIS filled the void created when we had no exit plans for our various imperial adventures in the middle east, allowing them to grow from a fringe minor faction to what they were.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

How are u posted:

Speaking of toxxes: how many people are we going to lose when Bernie eventually drops out?

Don't worry, I'm actually toxx'd to Biden winning! So I'll still be here to answer posts like these doosies:

How are u posted:

Joe Biden Killed (past tense, as in he already did it) 1,000,000+ Iraqs when he voted for the Iraq war, and is on record saying that the "cure will make the problem worse" which seems to be the same rhetoric that the "let's just go back to work" crowd is using so it sounds like he's gonna get to kill millions on two continents.
So yeah, not gonna vote for that, nosirree.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

How are u posted:

You seem confident that Obama had nothing to do with the overthrow of Gaddafi in Libya, and you also seem to be confident that the US hasn't been funneling money and guns to "Moderate Rebels" in the Middle East.

Want to expand as to why that is?

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

sexpig by night posted:

Obama's administration destroyed Libya, which now has literal open air slave markets, and even Obama friendly historians agree that ISIS filled the void created when we had no exit plans for our various imperial adventures in the middle east, allowing them to grow from a fringe minor faction to what they were.

Hey now, can’t blame that all on Obama, Biden did yeoman’s work helping Bush start the war on Iraq.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

You seem confident that Obama had nothing to do with the overthrow of Gaddafi in Libya, and you also seem to be confident that the US hasn't been funneling money and guns to "Moderate Rebels" in the Middle East.

Want to expand as to why that is?

How about you let us know what you would have done instead.

e: and how it would be better to have Trump making those decisions :lol:

How are u fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 25, 2020

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

How are u posted:

You're human filth you know that.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

How are u posted:

not destroyed a country

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

How are u posted:

:ironicat:

Your entire contribution for the past few pages is just flat-out denying objective reality so you can justify your morally bankrupt decision to unquestioningly support a rapist piece of poo poo to yourself as some kind of noble act as opposed to you being a coward and a chump.

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

How are u posted:

if i was asked to destroy a country on the grounds it would make the french happy, i would simply tell them "nah"

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Oh let's not forget the Obama admin overthrowing the government of Honduras in 09, leading to 15,000 people being "disappeared" or killed. The Obama supported fascist government used death squads to go around raping feminist activists

And then there's supporting the 2016 soft coup of Lula in Brazil, literally leading to Bolsonaro.

Then there's the general fact that Obama presided over the death of the Pink Wave in South America, with the number of US backed right-wing regimes almost completely reversing the Pink Wave in general.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

How are u posted:

I would probably start by making sure that Gaddafi wasn't on the receiving end of a bayonet up his rear end.

How are u
May 19, 2005

by Azathoth

Phone posted:

I would probably start by making sure that Gaddafi wasn't on the receiving end of a bayonet up his rear end.

Wow I didn't realize it was that easy of a choice to make. Simply...do everything correct and don't let anything bad happen! Maybe you should be President!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

How are u posted:

Wow I didn't realize it was that easy of a choice to make. Simply...do everything correct and don't let anything bad happen! Maybe you should be President!

Again, if you continue to vote for lovely candidates, they will not give you a good one.