Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

you only get $1200 if you make less than $75,000 as a single person so most of yospos is excluded.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
good.

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i'm cashing my $1200 check and when tax time rolls around i'm paying half of it to a fancy accountant to find me a way to get around paying back the other half

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

Sagebrush posted:

na naaaaa nananana na na na nana na katamari damacy

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
wait
it's a LOAN?

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

i haven't washed my penis since i jerked it to a phtotograph of george w. bush in 2003
i believe it's a check but with a corresponding tax credit that not everyone will be eligible for

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Sagebrush posted:

you only get $1200 if you make less than $75,000 as a single person so most of yospos is excluded.

Well I don't qualify but my roomate and my fiance both do.

Good thing we aren't married yet I guess lol

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
As far as I can tell it is basically the dumbest most convoluted thing that will help basically no one and make everything much worse for everyone, except if you are obscenely rich and own some giant bankrupt megacorp, which is exactly what I expected from the democrats.

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Stereotype posted:

Well I don't qualify but my roomate and my fiance both do.

Good thing we aren't married yet I guess lol

if you were married it goes up to like $150k.

so let's see, we've got massive corporate bailouts going to the very rich,
a bit of free money for the "middle class" making up to a deece six point five figgies,
and a loan for the extremely poor people who can't use a tax credit

sounds like :patriot: to me

DELETE CASCADE
Oct 25, 2017

if gavin newsom says "meet this moment" one more time

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Sagebrush posted:

this sucks

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Sagebrush posted:

a bit of free money for the "middle class" making up to a deece six point five figgies,

no adjustment for cost of living either, suck it liberals

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome

DELETE CASCADE posted:

if gavin newsom says "meet this moment" one more time

so help me god

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

bernie just teleported behind the bill

Asleep Style
Oct 20, 2010

Sagebrush posted:

It hurts so bad to see the US government going with the most gutless and craven option every time. I don't know how to recalibrate my expectations without checking out and not paying attention, which is basically only possible because I have computer toucher levels of privilege

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
it's gonna be the biggest corporate giveaway of all time and will radically benefit financiers to the detriment of everyone else, with a $1200 sop for punters to look the other way.

Poopernickel
Oct 28, 2005

electricity bad
Fun Shoe
nothing to see here, just another example of D and R Fing us in the A

lol @ anybody who expected this to be anything other than a corporate bailout

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
my recruiter got laid off along with 3 others from staffing so as a consultant i get a new recruiter. kinda freaky

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

it's gonna be the biggest corporate giveaway of all time and will radically benefit financiers to the detriment of everyone else, with a $1200 sop for punters to look the other way.

they will turn out in droves to vote for trump in november, if that election isn't suspended indefinitely

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
went out for a walk today around my neighborhood earlier than i usually do (i usually creep through the night).

everyone seems so happy right now. its a nice day out, around high 50s and low 60s. tons of people are out on their porches, smiling and waving at people as they pass. families were out on their lawns, some people just reading books.

if it weren’t for all the sickness and disaster you hear about on the news, this would be a postcard somewhere. getting similar vibes to the way people were during the big east coast blackout we had around 20 years ago

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WR3kziiz7g

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
oh and the strong smell of bbq everywhere i walk

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
working from home owns but the kids’ daycare shut down yesterday so my wife and i take turns taking care of them during the day (lol at getting anything done while taking care of a seven month old other than taking care of a seven month old)

wife is only partially wfh and she works at a hospital so I’m looking forward to getting down with the sickness soon.

burning swine
May 26, 2004

finally getting the shelter in place order in colorado

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
My 1:1 today was mostly my manager emphasizing over and over that it’s okay to not be terribly productive right now.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

tk posted:

My 1:1 today was mostly my manager emphasizing over and over that it’s okay to not be terribly productive right now.

Same but yesterday and the complete opposite

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Methanar posted:

Same but yesterday and the complete opposite

my boomer boss loves that he can now “work” 12-14 hours every day micromanaging his peons

Trimson Grondag 3
Jul 1, 2007

Clapping Larry
getting lots of emails from wine shops and restaurants telling me about their home delivery options now, as a relatively securely employed person I want to help them all but I know some of them just won't make it :(

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
they just need to know how to game the system bro. don’t let big gov ruin small business!!!

https://twitter.com/Mkrafcik/status/1242922395729637379?s=20

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

President Beep posted:

they just need to know how to game the system bro. don’t let big gov ruin small business!!!

this is why our governor included 'enforcement actions begin in 48 hours' at the end of our shelter in place order

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

President Beep posted:

some governors are not loving around, the gov of PA yanked GameStop’s business license when they tried to claim to be essential

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

went out for a walk today around my neighborhood earlier than i usually do (i usually creep through the night).

everyone seems so happy right now. its a nice day out, around high 50s and low 60s. tons of people are out on their porches, smiling and waving at people as they pass. families were out on their lawns, some people just reading books.

if it weren’t for all the sickness and disaster you hear about on the news, this would be a postcard somewhere. getting similar vibes to the way people were during the big east coast blackout we had around 20 years ago

almost as if the american way of life is deeply, fundamentally unhealthy.

imagine what the world would be like if

- people only worked 20 hours a week
- the majority of people could work from home
- car traffic was cut down to like a tenth of normal
- people filled their lives with family and exercise instead of mindless consumption

and then imagine everyone also had free universal healthcare so that massive worry was just gone.

it's a goddamned utopia

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sagebrush posted:

almost as if the american way of life is deeply, fundamentally unhealthy.

imagine what the world would be like if

- people only worked 20 hours a week
- the majority of people could work from home
- car traffic was cut down to like a tenth of normal
- people filled their lives with family and exercise instead of mindless consumption

and then imagine everyone also had free universal healthcare

it's a goddamned utopia

hey sagebrush you really need to lay off the psychedelics, your hallucinations are becoming disturbingly vivid.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I've been complaining for like a decade that there are millions and millions of people doing stupid bullshit work that literally only makes other people's lives worse and harder for absolutely no gain at all. They are doing these jobs because for some stupid bullshit reason we've decided that everyone needs to have a job that works them to death. Health insurance companies are a great example: completely useless things that solve a "free rider" problem that straight up does not exist.

I hope this puts a stop to that, but that's why these checks are so awful and lovely, a lot of people want that dumb poo poo to continue.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
People like to joke about panic buying tp but the only coping mechanism Americans have ever been taught is consumption

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

c quarantine s: gas prices have tanked to the lowest I've seen this century. also all the cop shops in town are closed so it's an excellent time to be gay and do crimes

local skate park is lazily wrapped up in caution tape, which has stopped exactly zero teenagers from potentially spreading the rona of course

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

lancemantis posted:

People like to joke about panic buying tp but the only coping mechanism Americans have ever been taught is consumption

It would be nice if everyone spent this time working on themselves and developing hobbies and coping skills and learning to use resources efficiently but lol that is never going to happen.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
I have been trying to get my fiance and my roomate to use rags instead of paper towels for years and now that we are out they are forced to and they both agree that it is way easier and better so yay i guess

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/jonny290/status/1242931388396916736?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://idlewords.com/2007/04/the_alameda_weehawken_burrito_tunnel.htm