Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Cyrano4747 posted:

gently caress me running I'm going to end up with a 25 pound sack of flour before this is over, aren't I?

We got one. Split it into a few gallon vacuum sealer bags to keep it fresh. Food storage nerds say that if you pop it into the freezer for a few days it will kill all the bugs and then you can remove it and keep it for a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

PokeJoe posted:

Storing bread of any kind in the fridge makes it go stale faster. Store it at room temp or in the freezer. This is because part of staling is a chemical process that works better cool but worse frozen.

Locations with high temp and humidity you have no choice but to store in the fridge, any flour products I leave out will mould within days, including tortillas.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

My bread goes moldy at room temp also, that's why I said freezer too.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Costco run success, time inside warehouse:17 minutes. The cashiers had some plastic shields for protection which was nice, and they ask for you to hold your card to scan so they don't have to touch it.
Hardboiled some eggs just now to celebrate.

Tricky Ed
Aug 18, 2010

It is important to avoid confusion. This is the one that's okay to lick.

Made an afternoon church run. They did have TP and water, but zero fresh (uncooked) chicken. Beef selection was on point. Did not have the pork shoulder I was hoping for, RIP carnitas plans.

It wasn't crowded or hectic at all except for the 3-5 people who were rushing and kept running into stuff and yelling "Jesus CHRIST it's CRAZY in here" into their phones.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heh found a macro. Is this the bucket you guys were posting about earlier?

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I have 2 boxes of those that I never used and they're expired now. However, since they're packaged very well I'm probably going to try it soon anyway.

My teenager loves these. Make some Kirkland basmati rice; simmer some of that tikka masala sauce they have in the cold section and add some rotisserie chicken.

Spoon chicken tikka over rice, add a couple spoonfuls of the lentils to one side. Serve with stonefree naan, available in the cold section as well. Dinner for four and maybe two lunches.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Pretty empty at my normal Costco so that was nice. Was hoping to get some of the large roll paper towels for out dispensers at work but out of the 3 varieties of dispenser towels they carry they were only sold out of the one I use. So that sucked. Got some Kirkland sparkling water and a book of stamps though so I guess it was a successful trip.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Just saw a Apple Cinnamon "With Oat" version of the Premier Protein, but alas I have 2 cases at home. Was on sale for $22 too, but I'm really picky about those chemical tang tasting protein drinks.

Costco today at 4pm, completely hassle free and tons of stuff available that's been in short supply up until recently, even tons of chicken and beef from the deli. I'm thinking at least in CA where people having been spree buying for nearly a month now anyone who's got a Costco card has already filled their pantry, freezer, closets, guest rooms, and likely Costco impulse purchased sheds with all manner of dry, non-perishable, or soon to be thrown away commodities.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

Just saw a Apple Cinnamon "With Oat" version of the Premier Protein, but alas I have 2 cases at home. Was on sale for $22 too, but I'm really picky about those chemical tang tasting protein drinks.

I love most Apple Cinnamon things. I'd like to try that one. Risky though.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

That Tikka with the rotisserie is a great idea. I'll have to investigate :hmmyes:

Suspect Bucket
Jan 15, 2012

SHRIMPDOR WAS A MAN
I mean, HE WAS A SHRIMP MAN
er, maybe also A DRAGON
or possibly
A MINOR LEAGUE BASEBALL TEAM
BUT HE WAS STILL
SHRIMPDOR
We're out of FitCrunch bars

You all did this to me. Got the whole family addicted. Now we need to eat Peanut Butter off the spoon like DOGS.

AF
Oct 8, 2007
hi

lmao

Tim Whatley posted:

That Tikka with the rotisserie is a great idea. I'll have to investigate :hmmyes:

That reminds me, my Costco had a premade meal I hadn't seen before: butter chicken. Of course, it was made from their rotisserie chickens. They get a lot of mileage out of those!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

How have Spindrift supplies been I don’t drink regular water

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

AF posted:

lmao

That reminds me, my Costco had a premade meal I hadn't seen before: butter chicken. Of course, it was made from their rotisserie chickens. They get a lot of mileage out of those!

This is one of the meals my Costco started stocking when they stopped selling take and bake pizza iirc.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

Status report: went to Costco in south LA (marina del Rey) and tp was out within 30 mins

I legit hate this Costco. It has to be like one of the worst ones because of its location.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Cartoon Man posted:

Heh found a macro. Is this the bucket you guys were posting about earlier?

I mean I'd rather get chum buckets from Costco than Jim Bakker or Tim Pool but yeah

MarcusSA posted:

I legit hate this Costco. It has to be like one of the worst ones because of its location.

I had better luck at Van Nuys friday but that was just when they announced the lockdown by getting there at 9:30. Don't know how much worse it's gotten

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
I really need to go and grab some more dog food just in case, but honestly I'm loving terrified of what its going to be like getting in an out.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

I really need to go and grab some more dog food just in case, but honestly I'm loving terrified of what its going to be like getting in an out.

you could probably go in just before closing and still get some

it's not a door buster

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

iwentdoodie posted:

Go after lunch. Everyone is standing in line at opening, but the crowds die off in the afternoon.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Coronavirus working faster than ever.

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005
Its actually getting so slow in the afternoon that NW Costcos are sending workers home early.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

Went at 10am this morning and thankfully it wasn't busy. Was neat seeing the fort they made out of carts to form the outside line where they give you a freshly sanitized cart as you come in. The whole back isle of the store was full off toilet paper but no paper towels or sanitizers/wipes, otherwise everything was fully stocked.

Suspect Bucket posted:

We're out of FitCrunch bars

You all did this to me. Got the whole family addicted. Now we need to eat Peanut Butter off the spoon like DOGS.

Haha you hosed up. I always buy at least 2 cases of those every time I go.

WescottF1
Oct 21, 2000
Forums Veteran
The website appears to have some Charmin Extra Soft available at the moment:

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=charmin

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

WescottF1 posted:

The website appears to have some Charmin Extra Soft available at the moment:

https://www.costco.com/CatalogSearch?dept=All&keyword=charmin

Nope lol
:zerg:

Scope
Jun 6, 2003

There is an older lady at the doors at my local Costco with the nametag "Tarantula"

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Just got back from Costco. It was pretty empty. They were wiping the carts, had the register face shields, and didn't touch your card. Gas was $0.20 cheaper at $1.39.

I have 1.5 boxes of the chocolate Premier Protein drinks but saw those apple and oats one and really wanted to try it. They have 10g of protein less and 4g of protein fiber more.

TONS of bottled water everywhere but a single sad pallet of TP. I'll never understand that. :psyduck:

And no dog. :saddowns:

Pennywise the Frown fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Mar 27, 2020

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Pennywise the Frown posted:

Just got back from Costco. It was pretty empty. They were wiping the carts, had the register face shields, and didn't touch your card. Gas was $0.20 cheaper at $1.39.

I have 1.5 boxes of the chocolate Premier Protein drinks but saw those apple and oats one and really wanted to try it. They have 10g of protein less and 4g of protein more.

TONS of bottled water everywhere but a single sad pallet of TP. I'll never understand that. :psyduck:

And no dog. :saddowns:

You're going to need to explain that a bit better.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
They put a limit on dry cat food, one bag per card per day.

loving cat food.

Where the gently caress was the limit a month ago when people were buying 4-5 cases of tp, Costco?

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

pentyne posted:

lol I meant 4g more of fiber.

Hoshi
Jan 20, 2013

:wrongcity:

pentyne posted:

My guess is the second should have been fiber

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Braved the co today and it was a bit surreal with the line to get in and all the mask wearing customers (scratching their noses under the mask lol why even bother) but apart from no disinfecting wipes and TP they had pretty much everything.

Got this guy and currently cooking it:

Really filled my 12” skillet!

Moey
Oct 22, 2010

I LIKE TO MOVE IT
Uhhh, these things are like crack.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

priznat posted:

Braved the co today and it was a bit surreal with the line to get in and all the mask wearing customers (scratching their noses under the mask lol why even bother) but apart from no disinfecting wipes and TP they had pretty much everything.

whoa I've never seen that. That looks really dang good.

Paul MaudDib
May 3, 2006

TEAM NVIDIA:
FORUM POLICE
Here, they actually sell those in the metal pans like Mac and cheese and it never occurred to me to try cooking them on the stovetop.

I wasn’t super impressed with it when baked but maybe it’ll be better in a skillet.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Yeah it was good, so easy and fast (simmer sauce included in packet, then stir in the rest and let it heat up over medium), takes about 10 minutes!

Was tasty! Would buy again. The instructions said to do it in a skillet, worked great (athough need a bigger skillet!)

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
That looks really good and super simple. I'm going to have to keep my eye out for that.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Moey posted:

Uhhh, these things are like crack.

Yeah those things rule

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

priznat posted:

Looks like a nice dinner, I'd try that.