Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

The 7th Guest posted:

i would be happy with a headset like the Quest that is not made and sold by loving facebook

Cheaper and better headset by samsung and you don't have to deal with facebook and such
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elec...85173851&sr=8-2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Krazyface posted:

That 40k: Mechanicus game is on sale; is it any good?

Also very curious whether this is a mediocre x-com reskin or something more. My biggest concern from a brief glance over is that it looks like it might get visually monotonous quickly; necrons and their tombs aren't the most exciting

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

The 7th Guest posted:

i would be happy with a headset like the Quest that is not made and sold by loving facebook

Yeah

yeah

TontoCorazon posted:

Cheaper and better headset by samsung and you don't have to deal with facebook and such
https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Elec...85173851&sr=8-2

This is for a PC wired headset, the Quest is standalone. Unfortunately there's no real competitor for it right now

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Fuligin posted:

Also very curious whether this is a mediocre x-com reskin or something more. My biggest concern from a brief glance over is that it looks like it might get visually monotonous quickly; necrons and their tombs aren't the most exciting
While the graphics get monotonous, the game is fun for a run. I got 18 hours out of it and it was enjoyable enough.
It's a lot more simplistic than X-COM and you can get fairly overpowered so if you enjoy stomping helpless space skeletons it's pretty great.

SCheeseman
Apr 23, 2003

Lemming posted:

This is for a PC wired headset, the Quest is standalone. Unfortunately there's no real competitor for it right now
There's the Vive Focus hahahaha

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Krazyface posted:

That 40k: Mechanicus game is on sale; is it any good?

Fuligin posted:

It's good. There are two big differences from XCOM on the tactical side. There is no chance to hit--either an attack has range and line of sight, or it doesn't. Instead of each unit getting actions, you have a shared pool of action points called Cognition. This starts out empty and you have to fill it by sending your Tech Priests or their remote servo-skulls to examine Necron artifacts.

Battle maps are partly procgen so it will probably look monotonous before long, but each of the five tomb sectors you raid has a unique look with a few very nicely made static maps.

They absolutely nailed the atmosphere of creepy Warhammer cyber priests going on an adventure in the land of delicious forbidden space mummy technology, and the writing can be pretty clever.

Hwurmp fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Mar 25, 2020

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Lemming posted:

Everyone in my family has a Quest...

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Teetering on getting that hunting game, but holy jesus its nearly 50 goddamn gigs. That's a whole lot of space for a game that I expect to only be firing up from time to time.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bright Memory came out of early access but it doesn’t look like it has a full campaign. Is it just the one short episode?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

ShootaBoy posted:

Teetering on getting that hunting game, but holy jesus its nearly 50 goddamn gigs. That's a whole lot of space for a game that I expect to only be firing up from time to time.

Game sizes have hit the point where you basically need to have multiple hard drives and maybe an external or two if you don’t want to always be downloading stuff. The fact that prebuilt computers usually come with 500GB drives and maaaaybe a slow 1TB platter drive is insane to me.

Hub Cat
Aug 3, 2011

Trunk Lover

Where's the baby's headset?:colbert:

Hub Cat fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Mar 26, 2020

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its in there

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

After trying it out for an hour, I think I've decided I like every single part of theHunter except for actually hunting. Those poor aminals :(

And doors.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Taintrunner posted:

Bright Memory came out of early access but it doesn’t look like it has a full campaign. Is it just the one short episode?

The full game is coming out as Bright Memory: Infinite.

Det_no
Oct 24, 2003

Artelier posted:

After trying it out for an hour, I think I've decided I like every single part of theHunter except for actually hunting. Those poor aminals :(

And doors.

Don't worry. Even the animals don't want to live in hell word anymore. You are freeing them!

No but seriously don't play the african map. The storyline for that one is hosed up.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Looking at the video for Bright Memory, but is the entire game played with a wet camera lens? What a strange effect to have consistently on.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

Didn't it turn out the Bright Memory dev used stolen assets for his game?

Jamfrost
Jul 20, 2013

I'm too busy thinkin' about my baby. Oh I ain't got time for nothin' else.
Slime TrainerS

IShallRiseAgain posted:

I thiiiiiiiiiiiiiink most of them were already replaced. Seems to be a recurring them. Modified unlicensed assets or whatever they're doing/did.

Still, I want to play Infinite and see how that goes.

Orv
May 4, 2011

GrandpaPants posted:

Looking at the video for Bright Memory, but is the entire game played with a wet camera lens? What a strange effect to have consistently on.

The art direction for Bright Memory appears to be "All of the camera effects at once."

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Artelier posted:

And doors.

I'm so bad at killing anything anyways, they all just run away from the big stompy loud smelly hunter man

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Wait, I did manage to shoot a bear but then some frightened deer ran at me and beat my rear end? lol

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Earlier this month some people were posting about Horizon's Gate, the rather pixelated SRPG. Can anyone give and/or repost their thoughts on it? It seems like it'd be up my alley, but there's not much in the way of reviews.

I held off on Radcodex's first game Voidspire Tactics because "retro" and "inspired by the classic JRPGs" are usually a combo that isn't too impressive. Once I played it I loved it to pieces and bought Alvora Tactics and Horizon's Gate on pedigree alone. The job system is a lot like FFT, it actually gets the pacing of unlocks and new abilities right, but combat feels more like Divinity Original Sin. The battles are a bit tighter, and characters have significantly less of a health pool than FFT.

Horizon's Gate is the least combat heavy by far, combining a bit of an Uncharted Waters 2 feel with some land based exploration segments that are usually one or two battles. The trading system is barebones, but each port feels unique which helps make exploration feel rewarding. I'd recommend it if you like any of the games it draws inspiration from, but I'd recommend starting with Voidspire Tactics unless you're super in the mood for some sailing.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Hwurmp posted:

They absolutely nailed the atmosphere of creepy Warhammer cyber priests going on an adventure in the land of delicious forbidden space mummy technology, and the writing can be pretty clever.

For real, I think Mechanicus is probably the most atmospherically 40k game ever made, they completely nailed the sound, visuals, and characters. It's worth a look if you're a warhammer fan on that point alone. That there's also a pretty decent TBT attached is just icing on the cake.

Psycho Landlord fucked around with this message at 18:26 on Mar 26, 2020

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So they re-released GTA4 on Steam minus GMWL, which is cool. What’s the easiest way to get those “realism” graphics mod(s?) I keep hearing about set up?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

IShallRiseAgain posted:

What gave you that idea?

Meanwhile, a freeware Sinking Simulator is drowning in workshop spam

https://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791465465604/announcements/detail/1797439484517374296

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

I don't understand... what? why?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

People keep uploading the same ships, including the ones the game comes with.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2035694816
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2035670586

And other things

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2023306852

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2015653683

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

StrixNebulosa posted:

The Turn Based Tactics steam group has released a giant database of... yes, turn based tactics games on steam. It is neat to look at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1efaRhN_Kv-FQodcb725PwHXP7_wVOehhRBvII2b9sS8/edit#gid=0

hey cool, found some neat things through this:

A Siralim CCG that looks kinda familiar
The game I played more than classic Civ
The cutest game I've seen in a while

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
So I go to try and find some game I wishlisted ages back and apparently tag searching on the wishlist has been broken for months?

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Artelier posted:

Yeah. No idea why you can't have the same game, but with a photo-hunting mode.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Artelier posted:

And doors.

No one should have any sympathy for deer, they're the loving worst.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
One good sort of PC gaming -related result of this whole virus deal is that our own J.E. "rope kid" Sawyer's been streaming Hitman, 80 Days and Disco Elysium for the past week.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

One Step from Eden popped up on my list and it looks like it's...a Mega Man Battle Network clone? Unlocks in about five hours

anilEhilated
Feb 17, 2014

But I say fuck the rain.

Grimey Drawer

Artelier posted:

One Step from Eden popped up on my list and it looks like it's...a Mega Man Battle Network clone? Unlocks in about five hours
Any experiences with that? I love MMBN but goddamn this looks ugly.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The free weekend for Ghost Recon: Breakpoint is live now (on Uplay, the game is not on Steam) and I really like it when triple A games these days actually explain their settings. No more guessing what a certain gameplay feature actually does or "what the hell is bokeh?". It's nice to see screenshots pop up and actually see what a setting will do what it looks like.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Fuligin posted:

Pretty good review of the game in its current, rather than launch, state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirkpurLHkU

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー

KazigluBey posted:

Pretty good review of the game in its current, rather than launch, state:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YirkpurLHkU

8:30 into a video game review: "Speaking of Playing, let's talk about that". He's spent the entire time up until then gushing about how pretty it looks/sounds. Grumble grumble grumble.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Serephina posted:

8:30 into a video game review: "Speaking of Playing, let's talk about that". He's spent the entire time up until then gushing about how pretty it looks/sounds. Grumble grumble grumble.

unless you play games with your monitor and speakers off it's worth noting imo

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
It doesn't take eight minutes to say the game is pretty, especially as that's something you can tell from trailers and whatnot. The review gets into the nuts & bolts from there, which is what we want alongside his subjective opinions, it was just a lot of wasted time about how much he liked the garbled mumbling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

well poo poo why didn't he just say "Game Good" and have done with it

in other Game Good news: Nova Drift just got another big update, and Frogwares has put all of their games on a big sale although I don't know which ones are good besides Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments :frogbon: