Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

It starts out with him seeming relatively normal (if theatrical) about her death. Even his "she was a true beauty... but no longer!" bit wasn't too bad except for the delivery. It only really got creepy when he started talking about his former hobby of taxidermy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Plus going by resident evil everyone is always hammy so if he wasn’t that would be a giant red flag

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

jill is wildly resistant to damage because these have always been action games. people just forget how much of an action game RE3 is because people got super invested in the idea that 5 and 6 were bad for being action games. resident evil fandom is a confusing mess.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

I was actually pondering Jill's insane damage resistance earlier when Nemmy grabbed me and spiked her into the ground at full force. I was like "how is her back not broken from that"? And then he stomped her head open like a ripe tomato and that was that. I was at full health too :stonklol:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Gnoman posted:

It starts out with him seeming relatively normal (if theatrical) about her death. Even his "she was a true beauty... but no longer!" bit wasn't too bad except for the delivery. It only really got creepy when he started talking about his former hobby of taxidermy.

The line is "She was a true beauty... Her skin nothing short of perfection..." And if that musing doesn't set off alarm klaxons in your head I don't know what will.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

I saw a cool vid where someone down Nemesis 13 times in the demo. He literally had no bullets left and was knifing the dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZaCeaDIXaE

What is cool is it has an effect on Nemesis look. His clothes get shredded and he starts looking more mutated.

Also I am calling it now, if this game does the whole "set 24 hours before and 24 hours after RE2" thing, I fully believe one ending will have Barry getting you out in a helicopter and Robert Kendo will be with him. I can feel it in my bones, they are going to retcon it so his Ghost Survivor mission is cannon.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Wanderer posted:

Wesker presumably was running a lot of interference.
If the summary on the wiki is correct, S.T.A.R.S. wasn't even really operating under Irons. It was basically a PMC funded by Umbrella and local businesses operating alongside the RPD, not an actual part of it. Which just further underscores the "Resident Evil is regular capitalism with magical viruses" thing.

A Buttery Pastry fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 26, 2020

Gnoman
Feb 12, 2014

Come, all you fair and tender maids
Who flourish in your pri-ime
Beware, take care, keep your garden fair
Let Gnoman steal your thy-y-me
Le-et Gnoman steal your thyme

DeadButDelicious posted:

The line is "She was a true beauty... Her skin nothing short of perfection..." And if that musing doesn't set off alarm klaxons in your head I don't know what will.

Everybody's mind is going to be strained under the circumstances - look at the gun shop dialogue, or Mr. Locks Himself In A Truck from the start of 3. The same line could have been a giy fixating on something stupid to keep his mind together - with a different delivery.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

The Question IRL posted:

I saw a cool vid where someone down Nemesis 13 times in the demo. He literally had no bullets left and was knifing the dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZaCeaDIXaE

What is cool is it has an effect on Nemesis look. His clothes get shredded and he starts looking more mutated.

Also I am calling it now, if this game does the whole "set 24 hours before and 24 hours after RE2" thing, I fully believe one ending will have Barry getting you out in a helicopter and Robert Kendo will be with him. I can feel it in my bones, they are going to retcon it so his Ghost Survivor mission is cannon.

They already said they canned the multiple endings from the original.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Capcom may have said that. But that doesn’t mean there won’t be one single ending. Spoiler from the alleged datamines that are floating around. (No concrete information, but still spoiler protected.)

Difficulty wise the game is supposed to have an Easy, Normal, Hard and Super Hard difficulty.
It also has a New Game Plus mode that describes itself as having an alternate ending.

https://www.gamesradar.com/resident-evil-3-spoilers-reveal-difficulty-details-and-an-alternate-ending/

Now technically you could say “Capcom was right. The game doesn’t have multiple endings. Just one ending in the main game, and another ending for New Game Plus mode.”
But equally when Capcom says “the game doesn’t have multiple endings” the average person would read that and think “Oh so the game will just have one ending” and not “What could that possibly mean.”

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

rabidsquid posted:

jill is wildly resistant to damage because these have always been action games. people just forget how much of an action game RE3 is because people got super invested in the idea that 5 and 6 were bad for being action games. resident evil fandom is a confusing mess.

I still remember the small cadre of enraged fans about how RE4 was going to be a dumb action game and not a true Resident Evil (the series where every game involves the player blasting giant mutants with rocket launchers as 90s epic action movie music plays).

GUI posted:

They already said they canned the multiple endings from the original.

That doesn't surprise me when they can do DLC stuff like Ghost Survivor/etc. instead.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

There are two types of RE games:
-Games where you start out as an average dude in over their head and work your way up to being a hypercompetent action hero shooting zombies left and right
-Games where you start out as the hypercompetent action hero shooting zombies left and right.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I still remember the RE2 commercials where you hear Irons scream "Everyone is going to die!"

Even before the game was released you knew he was bad news.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
If I remember correctly a gamepro article from before Resident Evil 2 came out described Chief Irons as erotic.

I think they used the wrong word to describe him

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Malcolm Excellent posted:

If I remember correctly a gamepro article from before Resident Evil 2 came out described Chief Irons as erotic.

I think they used the wrong word to describe him

Hey, it's not their fault the nipple twisting scene was cut from the final release

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

jesus christ the game isnt even out yet and the mods are amazing.

https://residentevilmodding.boards.net/thread/12588/re3r-bad-boxart-megaman-carlos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWYTvpdeFLs

Basticle fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Mar 26, 2020

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Carlos being Mega Man is now canon.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

Raxivace posted:

Carlos being Mega Man is now canon.

:cmon:

Carlos being Mega Man is now arm canon.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

My pun game is off today. It's...mega busted. :smith:

DeadButDelicious
Oct 11, 2012

Leave me to do my dark bidding on the internet!

Raxivace posted:

My pun game is off today.

Your pun game comes off?

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Raxivace posted:

My pun game is off today. It's...mega busted. :smith:

You just need to be a bit more wily with your thinking and not rush into things.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

blackguy32 posted:

You just need to be a bit more wily with your thinking and not rush into things.

Don't worry, we've got our top man working on fixing the problem.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I can't believe Mega Man is Canon to the RE universe and already happened between the start of the series and RE6.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007

DeadButDelicious posted:

Ahahaha I just realized that might be in homage or/and inspired by the wealthy taxidermist+embalmer+necrophiliac character in The Third Eye or more likely the Joe D'Amato 80s remake Beyond the Darkness. Or the killer in Pieces.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 26, 2020

heckyeahpathy
Jul 25, 2013
Man when Mr X first shows up this goes from a stressful game to a panicked poo poo show real fast

e: in RE 2 Remake, obviously

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Caidin posted:

I can't believe Mega Man is Canon to the RE universe and already happened between the start of the series and RE6.
I'm honestly surprised that Capcom hasn't done more with letting their games share universes in some fashion. I mean, the only other place that has happened is the Street Fighter universe, where it holds its own story plus the events of Final Fight and Rival Schools also happening.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Ugh I did G2 again just now and I still never figured out how to dodge him on that stupid little platform and had to use 2 RGB herbs(and nearly 3) to just tank him in between stunning the prick with the magnum waiting for the crane and I hate myself.

The Jill dodge will probably feel pretty refreshing.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I played a little REmake 1 earlier today cuz I was feeling nostalgic for tank controls and two things jumped out at me:

One, I love that Barry is so overflowing with Dad energy that he has to stop in the middle of a haunted murder house to perform repairs on a broken doorknob.

And two, I know that they'd be a big memory hog for no real benefit on modern engines, but I really miss functional mirrors in video games. Spotting a zombie shuffling at me from around the corner in the reflection of a dusty mirror owns.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

heckyeahpathy posted:

Man when Mr X first shows up this goes from a stressful game to a panicked poo poo show real fast

e: in RE 2 Remake, obviously

I just played first match of the beta and when the Tyrant showed up it sure went to a panicked poo poo show real fast as it split the team up and we never found each other again

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Going through Claire B (RE2 '98) and just picked up the Cogwheel. Slapped X down and stole his stuff after he busted through the wall to get inside, then did it again as be busted out on the way back. Decided to venture inside the Press Room a second time to check the now-broken wall (because I'd never seen it from inside that room before and was simply curious). Nothing worth looking at (bad angle so you can't even see the outside hallway through it), so I leave and...

...X is right back on his feet, walking straight at me. I didn't know this was a thing!

Anyway, I put him down again (because why not) but this time there was no ammo drop, so all in all that whole thing of double-checking the Press Room (just to look at a hole in the wall!) was a complete waste of time and munitions.

Edit:
Playing RE2 '98 makes me realise just how much I've missed having the Bowgun in RE2R.

ZogrimAteMyHamster fucked around with this message at 14:28 on Mar 27, 2020

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Crowetron posted:

I played a little REmake 1 earlier today cuz I was feeling nostalgic for tank controls and two things jumped out at me:

One, I love that Barry is so overflowing with Dad energy that he has to stop in the middle of a haunted murder house to perform repairs on a broken doorknob.

And two, I know that they'd be a big memory hog for no real benefit on modern engines, but I really miss functional mirrors in video games. Spotting a zombie shuffling at me from around the corner in the reflection of a dusty mirror owns.

That's one thing that raytracing should actually help with so hopefully we will see the return of mirrors next generation.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

The Grenade Launcher is a powerful weapon and ammunition for it is rare! :downs:

Crowetron posted:

Spotting a zombie shuffling at me from around the corner in the reflection of a dusty mirror owns.
Or when you catch the reflection of an otherwise invisible Crimson Head flashing by in a puddle.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
New idea for an RE2 mod: brown-type grenades that make zombies walk slightly faster on the first few hits. If you use too many, they fall over dead from a heart attack.

I call it the Coffee G. Rounds.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Has there been any talk of how long this will be or how much content was added? I haven't played RE3 since highschool, but I remember it being pretty short.

As much as I loved Remake 2 man that was a short bit of fun for 60 bux. Think I was done with everything in a week including repeating 75% of the content on the alternate run.

if there is one thing I don't like about RE being good again it's that they have sort given up on the gimmick modes like mercs that kept me playing for a few weeks.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 27, 2020

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

veni veni veni posted:

Has there been any talk of how long this will be or how much content was added? I haven't played RE3 since highschool, but I remember it being pretty short.

As much as I loved Remake 2 man that was a short bit of fun for 60 bux. Think I was done with everything in a week including repeating 75% of the content on the alternate run.

if there is one thing I don't like about RE being good again it's that they have sort given up on the gimmick modes like mercs that kept me playing for a few weeks.

There is a leak out that actually shows all of the game. But if what I hear is true then several areas are mostly cut out completely, others have been expanded, and there is one new area

So basically expect the same level of content as the RE2 remake if not slightly less.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
They'll probably have rejiggered things same as they did for RE2make, so that shouldn't necessarily be a negative. I mean, classic RE2 and RE3 were both super short and you could speedrun them in 45 minutes. You can only stretch that out so far.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
Imo RE2 remake was the perfect length. I loved it the whole way through, speedran to unlock all the weapons and even enjoyed the extra modes except the loving no way out one. Would be happy with the same amount in RE3 to be honest!

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

veni veni veni posted:

about the same as remake2. (og re3 was longer than a single re2 character) areas are expanded plus more modes ng+ and other remixed modes and carlos stuff is expanded a lot more.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

veni veni veni posted:

This one has RE Resistance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wghn3tYYVNw