Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Future Man is so much better than it has any right to be and we're getting a new season a week from Friday. The last one :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
westworld season 2 is a lot of "i don't know where this is going" and it turns out where it was going was "an entirely different tv show than season 1"

I fell off watching s2 about halfway and might pick it back up if people say season 3 is good

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Inspector Hound posted:

I don't really remember, so now I'm awaiting this with dread. I'm going to enjoy it until then, though.

They set up a bunch of mysteries and then the answers come out of nowhere and are stupid because they didn't want reddit figuring it out. Plus they fell in love with "this person is actually a host!" It makes me 100 percent believe that Nolan's "we planned out five seasons" thing was a lie because I can't imagine planning that out or having us leave the park after only two seasons.

flatluigi posted:

I fell off watching s2 about halfway and might pick it back up if people say season 3 is good

According to another thread, episode 1 looked like they were going to make a comeback and then 2 was just awful.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread
You could watch the first and last episodes of the first season and maybe a couple episodes of the second season and pretend it's a good show.

Deadite
Aug 30, 2003

A fat guy, a watermelon, and a stack of magazines?
Family.
I think Westworld season 2 had some good individual episodes, like the one with Delos and especially Kiksuya, but it tried to cram too many ideas in at once and really tried to be too cute with its timelines. I don't think it's a great show, but it is entertaining for a big-budget action scifi.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

A lot HBO shows in recent years have the tendency to knock your socks off right out of the gate and slowly degrade into mediocrity or crap.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Season 1 of Westworld was decent but it still felt like there was too much stuff in it that was just to create twists for the sake of having twists and was probably actually detrimental to the story.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
I'm the weird guy that likes it all. I'm really enjoying S3.

His Dark Materials, however. God that was boring from E2 to finish, minus a few moments.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Tiger King is entertaining as hell. Literally everyone involved is completely insane. Joe Exotic, the Doc Antle guy who is definitely some variety of psychopath, the Big Cat Rescue lady is also pretty crazy but in a more low-key kind of way. And I'm only on episode two. The first minute of that one is just sublime. "Ladies and gentlemen, before you hear it on the news I'm gonna tell ya myself. About an hour ago an employee stuck their arm through a cage and a tiger tore her arm off. I can give you your money back or I can give you a raincheck...?"

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Westworld S2 had about 8 plotlines and only really hooked you into caring about 2-3 of them.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

wizardofloneliness posted:

Tiger King is entertaining as hell. Literally everyone involved is completely insane. Joe Exotic, the Doc Antle guy who is definitely some variety of psychopath, the Big Cat Rescue lady is also pretty crazy but in a more low-key kind of way. And I'm only on episode two. The first minute of that one is just sublime. "Ladies and gentlemen, before you hear it on the news I'm gonna tell ya myself. About an hour ago an employee stuck their arm through a cage and a tiger tore her arm off. I can give you your money back or I can give you a raincheck...?"

Oh just you wait! By the end the only people who aren't insane are completely broken from having spent time with the ones who are.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

veni veni veni posted:

A lot HBO shows in recent years have the tendency to knock your socks off right out of the gate and slowly degrade into mediocrity or crap.

That's usually Showtime's MO. I think the only Showtime show that managed to stay good the longest was Dexter before it went to crap, with 4 seasons. Most of their shows only stay good for max two seasons.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Vice has the Chris Benoit Dark Side of the Ring episodes on YouTube for free. It's extremely sad, but it's very well done.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Tim Whatley posted:

Vice has the Chris Benoit Dark Side of the Ring episodes on YouTube for free. It's extremely sad, but it's very well done.

Part one and part two? I saw they had part one and watched it the other night, had no idea they put up the second one too.

Man is that such a heartbreaking story. The first ep going into all the stuff with Eddie Guerrero had me tearing up like crazy.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah part two went up today. It's harder to watch. :(

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

That moment in part one when Benoit’s surviving son talked about how he used to dream about being the tag team champion with his brother... :smith:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Tim Whatley posted:

Oh man, those are good but hard to watch

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Future Man is so much better than it has any right to be and we're getting a new season a week from Friday. The last one :(

Ah cool, thanks. Haven't been paying attention to it so something to look forward to.

For those wondering, it helps a tad if you grew up in the 80's to appreciate it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Future Man is amazing and everyone should watch it.

Also season 3 of Legion is out on Hulu :woop:

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Everyone watch this!

https://twitter.com/neonrated/status/1243207001225564161?s=21

Jolo
Jun 4, 2007

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

Hulu has Frisky Dingo, an Adult Swim Cartoon about a narcissistic Billionaire Superhero and a condescending Alien Supervillain. It's funny from start to finish and one of my favorite shows ever. The whole thing (two seasons) only takes a few hours to l watch and the series is so dense with callbacks that every rewatch uncovers something new.

The first couple of episodes are kinda slow, but by about episode 3 or so you'll either love or hate the tone of it. Also 11 minute episodes so not long to know if it's your thing or not. It also has Killer Mike from Run the Jewels in it. It's written by Adam Reed who does Archer but I vastly prefer Frisky Dingo. It's such a fun ride.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

veni veni veni posted:

High Maintenance manages to avoid this completely and just be amazing toe to tip. Especially if you have any affection for NY at all.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I haven’t watched it in a while but is it still essentially an anthology show?

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
The last couple seasons have had some very light serialized aspects but yeah more or less still an anthology show. I think it's pretty good still, but man I just don't connect to some of the stories so there's the occasional episode that just drags for me. I think it's that I tend to prefer fun and lighthearted vs sad or dramatic so the episodes that are bummers for me aren't necessarily bad, just not exactly my cup of tea.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Hell yeah. Not that this matters much in the scale of what's going on, but this was the one movie still in theaters I didn't get a chance to see before everything went to poo poo.

Franchescanado
Feb 23, 2013

If it wasn't for disappointment
I wouldn't have any appointment

Grimey Drawer

Sir Kodiak posted:

Hell yeah. Not that this matters much in the scale of what's going on, but this was the one movie still in theaters I didn't get a chance to see before everything went to poo poo.

It was the last movie I saw in theaters before my theater shut down from the virus, and lemme tell you, it was an amazing note to end on.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
If you want an emotional gut punch movie that will thoroughly distract you from virus virus virus, 1997's The Sweet Hereafter is on Prime Video. Possibly the best Canadian movie ever!

rngd in the womb
Oct 13, 2009

Yam Slacker

If you want an emotional gut punch movie that will thoroughly distract you from virus virus virus, 1997's The Sweet Hereafter is on Prime Video. Possibly the best Canadian movie ever!

+1 to this movie. One of the best movies I’ve ever seen.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

I mean there’s Videodrome.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
The Tiger King doc is fuckin nuts so far!

I've actually gone on a tour at the place in myrtle beach, the blonde girl was one of our guides and I immediately got some cult vibes from that place.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

nopants
May 29, 2004

gently caress off

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Ozark season 3 is up! I didn't even know it was coming out, so that was a nice surprise to wake up to.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

tweet my meat posted:

Ozark season 3 is up! I didn't even know it was coming out, so that was a nice surprise to wake up to.

Oh poo poo!

Every time I'm about to cancel Netflix they add one thing I have to watch I swear

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Also newly added to Netflix today is season 2 of Happy!

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
It's a good day to be quarantined :dance:

Speedboat Jones
Dec 28, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Field Mousepad posted:

The Tiger King doc is fuckin nuts so far!

I've actually gone on a tour at the place in myrtle beach, the blonde girl was one of our guides and I immediately got some cult vibes from that place.

Growing up, my family was a Jay Leno family and I remember watching a few of Doc Antle's appearances on The Tonight Show. My whole family loved him and his animals he'd bring on the show, but goddamn, had we known this dude had some weird polygamist cult poo poo going on.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Field Mousepad posted:

Oh poo poo!

Every time I'm about to cancel Netflix they add one thing I have to watch I swear

Lol yeah this perfectly describes netflix right now. I'll spend most of a week finding nothing to watch and then just as the thought of cancelling crosses my mind a few things that I have to watch pop up and I'm back at square one.

nate fisher
Mar 3, 2004

We've Got To Go Back
Since season 3 is coming out, I want to know if Future Man season 2 got better as it went? I loved season 1 (top 10 show that year), but I didn't make it past the first few episodes of season 2. It was like they forgot what made season 1 fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Also newly added to Netflix today is season 2 of Happy!

I am now voluntarily quarantined