Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sudden Javelin posted:

It's WFT actually

lol

RareAcumen posted:

Samus and Mewtwo, obviously.

Samus has always been my favorite character since the very first day I ever played smash64. Not always my best, but my favorite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I guess today's supposed announcement did get delayed. Understandable, but sad.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

jivjov posted:

I actually don't understand why a one-man video on a future release needed to be delayed.

Roluth
Apr 22, 2014

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Any good ranged attacker who's easy to use/cool? I was thinking maybe Falco, if not one of the Links, or even Mario. Mario is super bland though as a character. She probably wouldn't go for him.

Hey, up-air chains to Super Jump Punch kills on Battlefield are really fun! Maybe Mario is bland for people who can't combo, sure, but he's pretty stylish once you get to know how to use him.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

The Bloop posted:

I actually don't understand why a one-man video on a future release needed to be delayed.

If it wasn't shot you need a camera crew which messes up social distancing. If it was shot there was probably an editing team that needed to cut it together, and if any of them got sick it could disrupt or even if they all had to work at home it might've caused it to take longer than if they were all still going into an office to collaborate (because of kids at home/family arrangements or just general break down of efficiency in the process, etc)

It could also just be that the product(s) they were talking about themselves were delayed because of all this stuff and they need to wait to make sure a new timeline before making the announcement

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

jivjov posted:

What supposed announcement?

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

SeANMcBAY posted:

What supposed announcement?

The physical Fighters Pass 2 card went on sale today in Japan so people assumed an announcement of an announcement could also happen today to finally reveal the first fighter of FP2 in a direct maybe.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Guy A. Person posted:

If it wasn't shot you need a camera crew which messes up social distancing. If it was shot there was probably an editing team that needed to cut it together, and if any of them got sick it could disrupt or even if they all had to work at home it might've caused it to take longer than if they were all still going into an office to collaborate (because of kids at home/family arrangements or just general break down of efficiency in the process, etc)

It could also just be that the product(s) they were talking about themselves were delayed because of all this stuff and they need to wait to make sure a new timeline before making the announcement

I mean these are clearly all solved problems in this year 2020 but it's not really a big deal and they don't owe me or anybody else an excuse or explanation

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Roluth posted:

Hey, up-air chains to Super Jump Punch kills on Battlefield are really fun! Maybe Mario is bland for people who can't combo, sure, but he's pretty stylish once you get to know how to use him.

Yeah I guess. But I don't know. It's Mario.

---

Anyway, it seems like we're running with Jigglypuff, Isabelle, and the Ice Climbers. Playing with her, I'm surprised at how hard Jiggly hits.

We finally played on a stage where she had to avoid falling off from, she did pretty good with Jigglypuff with that. But she needs to practice jumping more, so I think I'll using a scrolling stage next to train that a bit more. She also needs to refrain from falling asleep so often, though she's unbelievably lucky when it comes to rest. Lvl 2 AI is no problem for her for the time being. We'll try 3 next.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

The physical Fighters Pass 2 card went on sale today in Japan so people assumed an announcement of an announcement could also happen today to finally reveal the first fighter of FP2 in a direct maybe.

Didn't someone that leaked the indies direct also say a regular Direct was happening soon? Maybe we'll get something then or maybe that was delayed due to the virus.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Is there a decent intro to the mechanics of this game from the ground up?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Captain Foo posted:

Is there a decent intro to the mechanics of this game from the ground up?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta3L35wsE6o This series is pretty good!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I guess what with the quarantine and all, that wifi tourneys will logically be more of a thing for the forseeable future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIAyyheSyd8&hd=1

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

There’s been a custom stage listed in the top stages of Ridley loving Samus for months and Nintendo still hasn’t taken it down.:lol:

Agrinja
Nov 30, 2013

Praise the Sun!

Total Clam
Didn't see it, but immediately did run into both lewd donkey Kong and Isabelle

The hell Nintendo

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Thanks!

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Have online connections been particularly dogshit for anyone else lately? It seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last two weeks. It's so depressing to have a good run thrown out the window because I run into some Mario whose framerate slows to a crawl whenever I try to combo him. Used to be maybe 1 in 10 games and now it's more like 3 in 5.

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.

shirts and skins posted:

Have online connections been particularly dogshit for anyone else lately? It seems to have gotten a lot worse in the last two weeks. It's so depressing to have a good run thrown out the window because I run into some Mario whose framerate slows to a crawl whenever I try to combo him. Used to be maybe 1 in 10 games and now it's more like 3 in 5.
There appears to be some unknown cause for a large multitude of people to stay home and play video games for a majority of the day within the last two weeks and overload most online servers.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Theta Zero posted:

There appears to be some unknown cause for a large multitude of people to stay home and play video games for a majority of the day within the last two weeks and overload most online servers.

Lol

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

A lot of ISPs are throttling due to the pandemic.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

SeANMcBAY posted:

A lot of ISPs are throttling due to the pandemic.

Another thing the pandemic is loving with, then. I thought that was likely but...balls. Guess I'm on hiatus from online play til things improve.

gently caress the corona

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

They didn't say who exactly, but apparently the first DLC fighter in the 2nd season will be from ARMS!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm wondering if they're gonna Bowser Jr. it and make a single moveset that applies to a bunch of different fighters

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I love that they just stealth dropped the 6th character announcement in the middle of a stealth direct drop :lol:

Bless.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

I'm wondering if they're gonna Bowser Jr. it and make a single moveset that applies to a bunch of different fighters

It's def Spring Man + Ribbon Girl at the bare minimum, which is cool and good.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Infinitum posted:

I love that they just stealth dropped the 6th character announcement in the middle of a stealth direct drop :lol:

Bless.

For real! I was wondering if maybe that info was already known or something based on the total lack of activity in this thread compared to past reactions to official DLC character announcements.

Though to be fair an ARMS character could have been easily predicted, and we still don't know exactly which one it'll be yet.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

timp posted:

For real! I was wondering if maybe that info was already known or something based on the total lack of activity in this thread compared to past reactions to official DLC character announcements.

Though to be fair an ARMS character could have been easily predicted, and we still don't know exactly which one it'll be yet.

If it's the one the assist trophy is, Shadow and Shovel Knight are back on the table :cool:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Infinitum posted:

It's def Spring Man + Ribbon Girl at the bare minimum, which is cool and good.

I dunno...I don't think we're gonna see an Assist Trophy get upgraded to playable within the same game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Byleth was 10x better

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

jivjov posted:

I dunno...I don't think we're gonna see an Assist Trophy get upgraded to playable within the same game.

If they do... Waluigi timeeeeeeee

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Man I just cannot care about Arms at all.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

I don't play ARMS but I can admit it has loving awesome character designs and concepts.

That said, no Assist Trophy upgrades. If it's not Twintelle, they hosed up. You denied us Mai, Sakurai. It's time to atone for your sin.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

arms

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Well uh, that sure is a way to start off fighter pass 2. At least the music will make it in but that wasn't a particularly riveting game.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Captain N as my holdout announcement :colbert:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I'm really happy with this announcement. I'm not a fan of ARMS the game....but i love the concepts and designs, and an ARMS fighter is a perfect fit for smash. I legit feel like it was a huge shock to not have an ARMS fighter in a launch.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

jivjov posted:

That would be cool. Whose the Assist trophy character?

Raxivace posted:

Man I just cannot care about Arms at all.

The music is amazing. I hope we get at least 20 tracks, if not more. I hope they do something cool with the arena too. King of Fighters Stadium is the best for novices to the series.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess I don't need to buy the season pass yet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

100YrsofAttitude posted:

That would be cool. Whose the Assist trophy character?

Spring Man, the defacto protagonist of the game...which is why i'm so shocked we're still getting an ARMS character at all