Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
I want that fuckin sturgeon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Stux posted:

the effects rack... is an actual effects rack............................!!!!!!!!!

I got a pedal board yesterday but still no guitars. I wonder if there are different models or just that strat.

https://twitter.com/MattSolo734/status/1243029344026382336?s=19

Huxley fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 26, 2020

ElTacoGato
Oct 11, 2012

man nurse posted:

I caught like three in the span of an hour just walking around the various tiers of my island. I dunno, guess I got lucky. I didn’t even know they were such a big deal!

Romes128 posted:

I kept throwing bait at the top of the highest waterfall and one spawned in after like 10 baits.

:mad:

I think I've tried over 300 bait at this point, on both the second and third tier rivers on my island, catching every shadow (even the tiny ones I know won't be stringfish) JUST IN CASE.

I think the game is doing this to punish me for depleting the local oarfish population.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

Rather Watch Them posted:

Press minus, it's one of the options during online play.

Minus, dang, I never would have thought to try the quit button. I'd been going through the NookPhone over and over thinking that it had to be in there somewhere.

lowercase16
Apr 19, 2008

Cyclops actually has two eyes.

Reposting for the new page.

Derek from Fargo reporting a turnip price of 408!

Dodo code 8VBLF

The shop will be open for another 1.5 hours, but I'm not sure I'll keep my gates open the whole time.

Thank you to everyone leaving tips and brought me apples or flower seeds! I think my garden and orchard are complete!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Huxley posted:

I got a pedal board yesterday but still no guitars. I wonder if there are different models or just that strat.

https://twitter.com/MattSolo734/status/1243029344026382336?s=19

Your pedal board looks different from mine, mine has a green...distortion? while yours is blue.

I want an entire room of pedals.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Funky Valentine posted:

Your pedal board looks different from mine, mine has a green...distortion? while yours is blue.

I want an entire room of pedals.

Maybe that's one of the things we can customize. I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Blue looks like a Boss blues driver almost exactly.

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

I've built a museum, and I like hearing Blather tell me about dinosaurs and stuff. Is there any way to get information about the fossils that I've already displayed (without bringing Blather another fossil)?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Is the Saddled Bichir available now in the northern, or the southern hemisphere? I'm seeing conflicting information online.

Devonaut
Jul 10, 2001

Devoted Astronaut

Pakled posted:

Is the Saddled Bichir available now in the northern, or the southern hemisphere? I'm seeing conflicting information online.

This is the most accurate reference I've found so far - https://animalcrossing.fandom.com/wiki/Fish_(New_Horizons). It lets you sort by month.

Saddled bichir is not in the northern hemisphere in march, it's misinformation that got spread around based on a bad source

VVV thanks for the flowers!

Devonaut fucked around with this message at 06:48 on Mar 26, 2020

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
If anyone wants to do some south hemisphere fishing/bug catching, Wander is open!
Code: Closed!

I got apples and coconuts on trees as well as some oranges and other extra random stuff in the little fenced area on the beach to the left you can help yourself to
No need to bring anything but if anyone has pears or seeds for roses or wildflowers I'd appreciate it

Nook's Cranny has cosmos, tulips and lilies if anyone's looking for those
Turnips are 117 bells
Hot item is a Natural Garden Table

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 07:11 on Mar 26, 2020

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Need like 350 bells.

Go shake some trees looking for the 100-bell coins, or connect to another player in a time zone where their shop's open.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Oh my god why do they have to show a minute long loading screen every time someone connects to an island

DuhSal
Aug 16, 2004

I will, brother. I promise.

Pillbug
I'm really bummed that my nookphone won't show new friends I've visited and visited me atm. I have only a handful of friends right now from the start of the game and can't seem to add anybody else. I googled to see if this is a common problem but can't find anything. I know some friends have had some people show and some not but no one new is showing for me anymore. I just want to play w/ people nintendo!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Anyone from the North Hemisphere open for some bug catching/fishing? I can bring you some apples/peaches/coconuts :)

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

VibrantPareidolia posted:

If anyone wants to do some south hemisphere fishing/bug catching, Wander is open!
Code: GPMHV

I got apples and coconuts on trees as well as some oranges and other extra random stuff in the little fenced area on the beach to the left you can help yourself to
No need to bring anything but if anyone has pears or seeds for roses or wildflowers I'd appreciate it

Turnips are 117 bells

Aww it's full. I've been wanting to visit a southern hemisphere island for ages haha. I'll keep trying I guess.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Char?

There is no Char

Why is there no Char

Tambaloneus
Feb 5, 2007

I miss my cat someone buy me a kitten.

Windy days are an absolute bonanza for balloon presents! Is that new?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Code: GPMHV

Turnips are 117 bells

Thanks for opening your island! Left some pears, brought back some sweet southern hemisphere fish and bugs.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Aw man, visited Apple in their house but after a bit they got in a dark mood. They needed to be alone to sort some feelings out, I had to leave! Gonna mail em a letter, hope they feel better

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Char?

There is no Char

Why is there no Char

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL9bGbkiyKw

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

thankful that i filled out my fish for the month so i don't have to worry about the end of march. resorted to using bait for the sturgeon and stringfish. also got celia moved into one of my three new houses. cool eagle lady!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Ok, I just noticed that Salmon and King Salmon will be gone from South Hemisphere after March and North doesn't get them till September. I was trying to set up my island for visitors if anyone wanted to come and get them, but I keep getting Error Code 2219-3997. Anyone knows what it is? Cause I couldn't find anything

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Code: now closed!

Turnips are 117 bells

Dang, we got a disconnect :( Sorry guys if you were in the middle of something!

Dr Leisure Suit
Sep 21, 2013

lezard_valeth posted:

Ok, I just noticed that Salmon and King Salmon will be gone from South Hemisphere after March and North doesn't get them till September. I was trying to set up my island for visitors if anyone wanted to come and get them, but I keep getting Error Code 2219-3997. Anyone knows what it is? Cause I couldn't find anything

Looks like server maintenance.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

lezard_valeth posted:

Server maintenance is going on.

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

Dang, we got a disconnect :( Sorry guys if you were in the middle of something!

It’s cool. I left some pears near your house for you.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Dr Leisure Suit posted:

Looks like server maintenance.

Araxxor posted:

Server maintenance is going on.

WELP, there goes my nice action of the day :sigh:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

wtf flies do not exist, i spent 2 hours trying to get one to spawn

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

wtf flies do not exist, i spent 2 hours trying to get one to spawn

They're oddly rare. Just leave trash out and visit it every now and then. Took me a full day!

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
Alright, game patched and servers are back up.

0TSPV

Southern Hemisphere
Apples/Peaches on trees
Night Time - Store Closed

AFKing, feel free to come and get your Salmon/King Salmon before they gone. Accepting Pears and Cherry donations.

lezard_valeth fucked around with this message at 07:29 on Mar 26, 2020

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Papes posted:

I talked to Celeste who said there would be a meteor shower tonight. I’ve been looking the sky for awhile and don’t see anything. Do you only have 1 shot per night?

No, there are lots of opportunities. Just leave the sound on, and do something else like collecting clams. Eventually, they should start coming in.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

robot roll call posted:

most of the Nook Ticket islands have 3 or 4 rocks

Oh! I guess that’s what I should be spending my nook miles on. I’ll try that:keke:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Nuts and Gum posted:

Oh! I guess that’s what I should be spending my nook miles on. I’ll try that:keke:

Yeah I've been visiting Nook Ticket islands every night trying to get Tarantula Island and with the hole digging trick I've been getting a lot of Iron Nuggets, around 40-60 per night

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Opening my island up for a bit

Oceania wildlife, cherries,+ aus time zone so the shop is open

9BX1D

Lube Enthusiast fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Mar 26, 2020

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier
OK, I caved and got the online subscription. I'm hesitant to post a Dodo code from all the chaos I've read so far, but I'm dropping PMs to folks I recognize from other threads. :australia:

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

So Math posted:

OK, I caved and got the online subscription. I'm hesitant to post a Dodo code from all the chaos I've read so far, but I'm dropping PMs to folks I recognize from other threads. :australia:

It only gets chaotic when you get Saharah or turnips, honestly. The rest is pretty chill

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Just got an update to 1.1.1

Can't find what this does though...

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
:siren:Customizing a tool refreshes its durability!:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima