Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

https://twitter.com/TheYearIs20BC/status/1243183023950123014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBRRqcdYqtU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

RBA Starblade posted:

I guess I don't need to buy the season pass yet

Yeah, it's funny how it was said the 1st reveal of the 2nd pass would have everyone forgetting about the Byleth salt and buying it anyways but uhhh...

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

jivjov posted:

I'm really happy with this announcement. I'm not a fan of ARMS the game....but i love the concepts and designs, and an ARMS fighter is a perfect fit for smash. I legit feel like it was a huge shock to not have an ARMS fighter in a launch.

Yeah basically ditto on all this. At the very least I feel like the abilities from the game will translate very well to Smash, especially with Sakurai designing the moveset

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

That said, no Assist Trophy upgrades. If it's not Twintelle, they hosed up. You denied us Mai, Sakurai. It's time to atone for your sin.

I hope it's like jivjov said and it's an Inkling/Bowser Jr. situation where it's a bunch of them, but I definitely want Spring Man in the mix so everyone freaks out about the "upgrading from Assist Trophy" non-theory

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Araxxor posted:

Yeah, it's funny how it was said the 1st reveal of the 2nd pass would have everyone forgetting about the Byleth salt and buying it anyways but uhhh...

this will still be the case if the fighter turns out to be twintelle

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Here's where we'll learn if assist trophies and spirits deconfirm a character from being a fighter.

Springman is an assist trophy and a spirit, Ribbon Girl is a costume, and both of them, plus Twintelle, Min-Min and Ninjara are spirits.

I'm betting that its going to be either Helix, Mechanica or Dr.Coyle though.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
I played the demo of ARMS at a Best Buy once and that was enough of the game for me. Kinda wish an ARMS dude was just standard roster instead of paid DLC, but the music coming with will be cool and maybe they'll be fun to play.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
I had a feeling that Spring Man was going to be the first AT to be upgraded into a playable fighter in the same game, but nothing's been confirmed yet beyond the fact that they're from ARMS. For all we know, it could be Max Brass.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Guy A. Person posted:

I hope it's like jivjov said and it's an Inkling/Bowser Jr. situation where it's a bunch of them, but I definitely want Spring Man in the mix so everyone freaks out about the "upgrading from Assist Trophy" non-theory
Agreed, and that would mostly likely be 4 dudes and 4 ladies which I can get behind.

Zuzie posted:

Here's where we'll learn if assist trophies and spirits deconfirm a character from being a fighter.

Springman is an assist trophy and a spirit, Ribbon Girl is a costume, and both of them, plus Twintelle, Min-Min and Ninjara are spirits.

I'm betting that its going to be either Helix, Mechanica or Dr.Coyle though.
Oh poo poo you right, there's no way this doesn't destroy at least No Upgraded ATs or No Upgrades Spirits theories, if not both at once. People are gonna go Geno Crazy

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
This delusional desire to have Twintelle added to the roster? It feels good to be in early 2018 again.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

jivjov posted:

I'm wondering if they're gonna Bowser Jr. it and make a single moveset that applies to a bunch of different fighters

Guy A. Person posted:

I hope it's like jivjov said and it's an Inkling/Bowser Jr. situation where it's a bunch of them

Is the cast of ARMS so monochromatic that they could all have one moveset and exist as different costumes? Because if so, LOL I say

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

dhalsim echo fighter

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The ARMS character, contrary to their game of origin, will have an absolutely vicious rushdown style, earning them the nickname HARMS.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

timp posted:

Is the cast of ARMS so monochromatic that they could all have one moveset and exist as different costumes? Because if so, LOL I say

The gimmick of ARMS is that your playstyle is more dependent on the weapons you pick, which are character agnostic, with your character having their own special and throw animations for flavor. Generally. I think. It's uh, been a while since I played ARMS.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

every arms character is exactly the same gameplay-wise yes

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Some of the characters have some special abilities, but the differences are nowhere near close to different Smash Bros. characters. The core mechanics are basically the same for most ARMS fighters. There isn't particularly a lot differentiating the characters in ARMS.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick
The only arms character I can name is Twintelle and that's only because everyone online is horny for her. Also if the wording of "This character's arms can exteeeeend!" is literal then it's not going to be her lol

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Apparently ARMS was announced right as they were finishing up the selection process for new characters, so they only had time to add them as a trophy.

This was the same case for Xenoblade, so expect one of the remaining characters to be Rex or Pyra.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Augus posted:

this will still be the case if the fighter turns out to be twintelle

People will be horny for a couple hours (days?), then they'll remember that an they don't care about ARMS and it'll all come back.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The roster shot was a red herring. It's actually going to be Hedlok, attaching itself to eight of the characters.

Pants Donkey posted:

This was the same case for Xenoblade, so expect one of the remaining characters to be Rex or Pyra.
Especially since Sakurai absolutely loves Xenoblade Chronicles 2, something it has in common with 4 out of the 5 games represented in the first Fighter's Pass.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Umm, if it's not Nia I riot

Smash needs more playable welsh catgirls

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Ryaomon posted:

The only arms character I can name is Twintelle and that's only because everyone online is horny for her. Also if the wording of "This character's arms can exteeeeend!" is literal then it's not going to be her lol

the things on her head are called arms even if they're not her literal arms

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ryaomon posted:

Every characters arms can extend, that's the point of the game

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Pants Donkey posted:

Apparently ARMS was announced right as they were finishing up the selection process for new characters, so they only had time to add them as a trophy.

That was the public PR statement they made but then Byleth was revealed.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

timp posted:

Absolutely not. One is made of goo, one is a kid in a mech because she's just a regular person, one is two robots as one character, and so on. It'd be like making eight of the Punch-Out boxers as one character.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Lanky Kong

ランキーコング

Rankīkongu

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Squiddycat posted:

Umm, if it's not Nia I riot

Smash needs more playable welsh catgirls

Morag or bust

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I popped off for arms lmao I guess I'm the only one though so oh well, I can understand people not being thrilled at least.

When they were showing that Ring Fit Adventure got a music from other nintendo games I misread a on screen thing and thought it was confirming ARMS music. Was talking with a friend going "Man I hope Arms gets another chance, it's characters were all pretty fantastic and it had really good music. Put some of that in smash, I want the theme."

Literally the very next announcement :v:

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I'm down with ARMS in Smash, any character should be fun with their gimmick. That said, I will gently riot if it's not Twintelle. Smash needs more women, and the world needs that rear end.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I’m gonna guess it’s gonna be a sweet spot ranged fighter

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

congrats to the five arms fans out there in the world

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

It would be weird to choose Twintelle as the Arms rep considering she’s one of the few characters that doesn’t use her arms to fight. I’d be down with it though. I think it’ll be Ribbon Girl or Min Min.

Arms also owns and I recommend those of you that haven’t played it to take advantage of the free trial they announced.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I now very much believe in a Xenoblade rep

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
This seems like it's going to be fun. Wonder how their hitboxes will work.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Pants Donkey posted:

My money's on Mythra if only because she was important across two separate games.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheKingofSprings posted:

My money's on Mythra if only because she was important across two separate games.

In the interest of not skipping games the next Monolith rep will be Generic Player Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X edition)

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

TheKingofSprings posted:

Her or possibly some sort of Pokemon Trainer integration where one of the blades is cheering in the background while Rex hits poo poo.

Or vice versa. Maybe do an Ice Climbers thing?

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

multijoe posted:

In the interest of not skipping games the next Monolith rep will be Generic Player Avatar (Xenoblade Chronicles X edition)
I’ll allow it so long as we get the ridiculous tracks from that game.

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
The official animated trailer will have Spring Man posing against a blue background while he gives a monologue.

"Hey there, everybody, it's Spring Man from ARM! Did you know: my favorite things are the Toasters, plain white rice, vegetable soup, the newest Marvel movie, aaaaaand grass. See you in Super Smash Bros Ultimate, everybody!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

If it’s Spring Man still even though he’s an assist then we’re 100% getting Waluigi.