Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

The latest episode of The Rookie is with Seth Green and I didn't realize how short the guy is. Like 5'1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

pahuyuth posted:

Starting The Last Ship. This is gonna be some crazy goofy fun poo poo, isn't it?

Yea don't take it to serious and it is just a blast of fun

Tex is still the best

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Tiger King is great. Everybody in it is such a piece of poo poo.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I watched The Last Ship until about midway through the final season, then I just kind of fell off it. I really should go back and finish it one of these days.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
On a scale of zero to The Cape, the Last Ship is about an 8. Definitely some ridiculous fun

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Breezed through Tiger King today. It’s extremely entertaining but it does suffer from a little bit of bloat. Definitely still worth watching though. The way it continually escalates really reminds me of Wild Wild Country.

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008

Combat Pretzel posted:

Anyone here watched that show "Elite"? It's some Spanish drama or whatever. Bunch of coworkers are trying to get me to watch it. I'm in the middle of the first episode, and they're stacking the underdog in a Elite school tropes so high that it's rivaling the Burj Al Arab. Worth to continue watching it?

It has some eye rolling moments but the cast is good, the whodunnit is catching and it offers a somehow realistic view into european youth different than your standard us highschool show

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

precision posted:

On a scale of zero to The Cape, the Last Ship is about an 8. Definitely some ridiculous fun

This is an excellent scale.

We should rewatch The Cape after Community.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Started watching Lucifer during quarantine and the only reason I can think that it survived so long is that the audience keeps hoping they'll just reboot the show.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Gaunab posted:

Started watching Lucifer during quarantine and the only reason I can think that it survived so long is that the audience keeps hoping they'll just reboot the show.

I really, really dislike the "quirky man has to assist sensible cop lady and maybe they will fall in love?" genre.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What if quirky man is a demon though

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
What if quirky man is handsome?

Devilishly handsome.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

Trailer for Justin Roiland's new show on Hulu called Solar Opposites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLjo8IQLa9o

quote:

From Justin Roiland, the co-creator of Rick and Morty, comes a series about a family of aliens trying to fit in on this human-infested crap-hole of a planet called Earth.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Another reason people might watch the show must be how much the show contorts itself to be middle of the road. It may have been because I was watching it on acid but the cop storyline in the first season of Lucifer was hilarious in how they backtracked to make the police not bad. The Netflix season has got to be bad.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

bull3964 posted:

Trailer for Justin Roiland's new show on Hulu called Solar Opposites.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLjo8IQLa9o

So Rick & Morty minus Rick & Morty. Yeah ok I'll still check it out of course.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Croatoan posted:

So Rick & Morty minus Rick & Morty.
That might be good, actually

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gaunab posted:

Alhazred posted:

I really, really dislike the "quirky man has to assist sensible cop lady and maybe they will fall in love?" genre.

Blasphemers.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lucifer is fine but there are times I watch a show and REALLY don't feel the "will they or won't they?" and boy is Lucifer one of those times.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

STAC Goat posted:

Lucifer is fine but there are times I watch a show and REALLY don't feel the "will they or won't they?" and boy is Lucifer one of those times.

It's not the best aspect of the show, I'll agree. It reminds me of the interminable will-they-won't-they of Bones. At least the Netflix season put that to bed.

But as a goofy crime solving show it's top notch.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

I'm very pleasantly surprised that Elementary managed to duck all that. Holmes and Watson have a relationship that grows as the show goes on but it's never a romantic one. As least in the seasons I saw, I really hope they kept that up.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

The 7th Guest posted:

That might be good, actually

Yeah, R&M without Dan Harmon might actually be bearable.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Episode 3 of McMillions, I feel bad for the lady in that episode seeing as she "won" a million dollars and her take home was just $10k a year.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

Bruceski posted:

I'm very pleasantly surprised that Elementary managed to duck all that. Holmes and Watson have a relationship that grows as the show goes on but it's never a romantic one. As least in the seasons I saw, I really hope they kept that up.

They did, it was great to the end!

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
This is the first time I’ve ever seen brother from another series in English and as an avid frasier fan, I could not be more delighted

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Bruceski posted:

Conversely if we saw Martin freeman pumping away at benedict it'd be a marked improvement over at least 50% of sherlock

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

Blasphemers.

The comic is so good and yet the show is so generic and bland.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

"Rose Walker is a no-nonsense cop lady who lives a sensible normal life. But then a guy who claims he is the 'king of the dreaming' shows up and to help her In her investigations. "

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

He solves crimes using satan powers, what more could you possibly want.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lucifer rested entirely on Tom Ellis's devilish charisma. Fortunately, Ellis could charm the robes off the Statue of Liberty so it was a pretty good ride.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lurdiak posted:

He solves crimes using satan powers, what more could you possibly want.

A show where he doesn't solve crimes using satan power.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
A show where he commits crimes using satan power.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Satan power is a limitless form of energy, as Doom has taught me.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

kale seitan

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Alhazred posted:

I'm a fan of both the comic and the book. I had to accept early on that they are entirely different things. I much prefer Lucifer which said "gently caress it, we're just taking the name" to Preacher which "tried to be faithful" and was hot garbage.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

I don't necessarily care about how faithful it is to the comic, I just don't think it's a good show.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Personally I liked Preacher and wish it had gotten 6 seasons.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
I just watched the Netflix Dracula series, the first two episodes are good, but then it gets really dumb. So Dracula wakes up in present time and is captured by a foundation that wants to study him, this is all pretty cool and a nice twist to the series. But the Dracula calls a lawyer and he gets let out so he can start killing people again.
It’s a really weird story decision and a lot of the episode just doesn’t make much sense.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oasx posted:

I just watched the Netflix Dracula series, the first two episodes are good, but then it gets really dumb. So Dracula wakes up in present time and is captured by a foundation that wants to study him, this is all pretty cool and a nice twist to the series. But the Dracula calls a lawyer and he gets let out so he can start killing people again.
It’s a really weird story decision and a lot of the episode just doesn’t make much sense.

Moffated.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
All TV adaptations should be in crime procedural format. Give me an adaptation of Pride of Baghdad where every week the dad lion solves an animal-related crime (his fee is that he gets to feed the culprit to his family)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cosmin
Aug 29, 2008

Medullah posted:

I'm a fan of both the comic and the book. I had to accept early on that they are entirely different things. I much prefer Lucifer which said "gently caress it, we're just taking the name" to Preacher which "tried to be faithful" and was hot garbage.

So i’m not alone in finding Preacher underwhelming? Don’t know why it didn’t work, I guess its pulpy feel transcribed better to comics than live action..