Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Knuc U Kinte posted:

This thread is so chill, but the Games Thread is just people time skipping everything and spoiling the fun parts of the game while making 1 million bell profits off of each other and buying amiibo cards for real money so their favorite rainbow hipster pansexual lizard can come live on their island.
Sounds hype. See you losers later!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You: Entering a dodo code you found on reddit and traveling to Epstien(sic) Isle and meeting a man named Lil' Cummy to exchange your duped turnips and crown for 35 million bells profit so you can finish the 5th floor expansion and unlock the space elevator construction for the town center. The date in game is August 8th, 2025.

Me: https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1242665853050425346?s=19

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

tawal posted:

I have four tire toys circled around a thumb piano like some kind of hillbilly trash

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Even that is win.

American McGay posted:

You: Entering a dodo code you found on reddit and traveling to Epstien(sic) Isle and meeting a man named Lil' Cummy to exchange your duped turnips and crown for 35 million bells profit so you can finish the 5th floor expansion and unlock the space elevator construction for the town center. The date in game is August 8th, 2025.

*nods sagely*

I’m like the only one of my IRL friends not time traveling and somehow I still have just as much to do as they do. (They also call my front yard hillbilly heaven)

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

American McGay posted:

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I realized I'm just not really creative enough to make stuff look good. I just can't be arsed loving around with flowers, crafting 500 things, collecting wood for 3 hours etc as well. Also I spent ages making all the wooden block furniture because I thought it was like normal wood and I could make it cocobolo to match my wardrobe, but I could only customize it into crazy bright colors and it knocked the wind out of my sails. Back to dumping poo poo on my hobo beach and only entering my house to store things.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Serious post if you need any extra materials lmk and you can swing by my place for some. I've got hoarder disease brain and have hundreds of every type of ingredient you might need. You're on your own for the recipes though. I agree the wood block stuff looks pretty trash but I'm sure more stuff will become available soon enough.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Might grab some iron nuggets gamer namaste

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What are you guys doing with extra diy recipes? I’m just sending them to imps even though I don’t know who the gently caress anyone is.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I just dump them in the free stuff area of my village and people who come over can pick through them, unless it's something cool then I'll hold on to it and send it as a gift.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What are you guys doing with extra diy recipes? I’m just sending them to imps even though I don’t know who the gently caress anyone is.

I've been sending them to my IRL friend who's the 2nd villager on his GF's island and he hates the game bc the 2nd player on an island gets absolutely nothing.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
hey just remembered what was with kk slider talking to you in your sleep lol

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

Just a reminder that animal buds are what really matters in the island life :cheers:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Oooo nook is gonna close down the town square tomorrow...Friday is going to be loving Awesome.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This game is so generous you get to play it for the first time on two fridays in a row.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

The Clowner posted:

oh, there a run button? Cool, cool

Oh my god :monocle:

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

Oooo nook is gonna close down the town square tomorrow...Friday is going to be loving Awesome.

Mines closed today and if that bastard is scamming me out of my Nook Miles check-in streak I'm throwing my switch against the wall

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

I gave my monkey villager some sunglasses I didnt like and now she wears them all the time. Be careful out there imps

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/zh_switch/status/1242850353529253894?s=19

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Has Digital Foundry done a video on this game yet? I noticed yesterday how super high resolution all the shadows are and got the hankering to listen to a British dude talk about the materials handling in this game and how it effects ambient light occlusion.

que sera sera
Aug 4, 2006

Everyone’s tweets look great too. All of my splatoon clips turn into scrambled garbage on Twitter.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

Knuc U Kinte posted:

it won't let me buy diy recipes if i already have them ... how do you get extras

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
You get one in a message bottle on the beach every morning, otherwise you start getting them from other places too like balloon boxes and other villagers.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

it won't let me buy diy recipes if i already have them ... how do you get extras

I think you can't buy extras of ones that get directly beamed to your phone (like the "Easy DIY Recipes" pack or whatever) but you can definitely buy extras of stuff like the Ladder recipe, the game warns you when you do it

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

If anyone wants to visit my friend code is SW-2857-5603-4985. Still getting stuff set up but there's a few things around.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

heeheex2 posted:

I didn’t buy them. It was ones that you find in a bottle I think.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I've been sending them to my IRL friend who's the 2nd villager on his GF's island and he hates the game bc the 2nd player on an island gets absolutely nothing.

It hasn't been too bad so far bc you can buy the tool recipes off Nook child, my gf and i just teamed up to collect the wood and iron for Nook store and I handed it in, but now he just gave me like a dozen recipes for furniture for the three new houses and AFAIK she can't get them which is a bummer.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

he has a name you clown.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

The Clowner posted:

he has a name you clown.

I don't know which is timmy and which is tommy

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
They're his nephews, and Tim is the alpha.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Tender Bender posted:

I don't know which is timmy and which is tommy

all tanukis look the same to you? huh? loving racist

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Can't imagine life without this guy anymore.

https://twitter.com/dinominal/status/1243258331004727301

The Maestro
Feb 21, 2006

Nostradingus posted:

all tanukis look the same to you? huh? loving racist

Tanukiness is stored in the balls

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
getting wood all day

SW-1535-7102-5627

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
My house is so full of cheaters lol. First they timeskipped while I was out of town on launch weekend to build a clothes store and now they’re duping tarantulas to upgrade their homes. Shaking my head and chuckling about it.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

I hadn’t realised rocks were on a timer :negative: so few iron nuggets. Do rocks refresh each day if not broken?

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

getting wood all day

SW-1535-7102-5627

carpet inbred

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

AverySpecialfriend posted:

My house is so full of cheaters lol. First they timeskipped while I was out of town on launch weekend to build a clothes store and now they’re duping tarantulas to upgrade their homes. Shaking my head and chuckling about it.

That sucks man. I heard Bob's brother also used time skipping and the acorn glitch to upgrade all his buildings and buy everything in his town too. Soooo embarrassing lol but what can you do

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

EmmyOk posted:

I hadn’t realised rocks were on a timer :negative: so few iron nuggets. Do rocks refresh each day if not broken?

Yes and I think even if you break them they respawn somewhere else the next day

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

EmmyOk posted:

If you can spare the Nook Miles, the tickets to randomly generated islands are a good way to get resources. Also new fruit etc. to plant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ty for the tips pals