Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who?
Tifa
Aerith
Aeris
View Results

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

MonsieurChoc posted:

They already said they want to remake FFV, which I'm fine with it they keep it super cartoony and add a built-in Fiesta feature.

They didnt say this. Kitase said that if he had to pick, he would pick V. Theres a big difference.

I hope they start remaking the old Quintet games. A Terranigma remake would be the best thing ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Open Marriage Night posted:

Had my receipt for two Butterfingers rejected two or three weeks ago, but Tuesday they sent me a couple emails for the theme and all the DLC tiers.

Ok. Thank you, Butterfinger.

Did you resubmit it, or did they just apparently change their mind? My first one, with a purchase of 2 to see if it would work, was accepted. My second, with a purchase of 8, was rejected, so if they're just changing their minds, I might be in luck...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TommyGun85 posted:

They didnt say this. Kitase said that if he had to pick, he would pick V. Theres a big difference.

I hope they start remaking the old Quintet games. A Terranigma remake would be the best thing ever.

Okay, Kitase said he wants to remake V. Happy?

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

esperterra posted:

IX is practically perfect in every single way. It and VI should be left alone.

I would unironically enjoy a FF9 remake with Kingdom Hearts controls/combat/gameplay.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

gross

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Kheldarn posted:

Did you resubmit it, or did they just apparently change their mind? My first one, with a purchase of 2 to see if it would work, was accepted. My second, with a purchase of 8, was rejected, so if they're just changing their minds, I might be in luck...

I didn’t resubmit. I just said gently caress it. Don’t know why they gave me all the tiers of DLC, but whatever.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Kith posted:

I would unironically enjoy a FF9 remake with Kingdom Hearts controls/combat/gameplay.

That sounds terrible.

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I want a FFIX remake, except when I turn it on it’s just a picture of hironobu sakaguchi flipping me off

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Oh boy. Not for many years. A decade at minimum.

I mean I'm pretty sure it'll take them about a decade just to finish the FF7 remake.

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

FF5 Remake is just Bravely Default

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kith posted:

Please no.

Chillgamesh posted:

FF5 Remake is just Bravely Default

Remake V in the Bravely Default style, with the voice actors for Bartz and Exdeath reprising their roles from Dissidia. And maybe about six or so new jobs.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 02:47 on Mar 27, 2020

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I'm sorry for having different tastes? :shrug:

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

Remake V with X-2's combat.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

remake x-2 in the just cause engine

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Remake Final Fantasy VI in the Ehrgeiz engine.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

That's just Dissidia

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Dissidia doesn't have quest mode. :colbert:

Ace Transmuter
May 19, 2017

I like video games
Remake Vagrant Story with motion controls

fluffyDeathbringer
Nov 1, 2017

it's not what you've got, it's what you make of it

Ethiser posted:

Remake V with X-2's combat.

remake V with X-2's costume design, but only for galuf

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Hogama posted:

Dissidia doesn't have quest mode battle beach. :colbert:

FTFY

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I had a few issues with the pacing and as much as I don't shy away from judging betas/demos the pacing issues look like they might have to do with the reactor being sort of a tutorial zone. It felt very unnatural even for modern FF standards how everything was combat event > cutscene where they talk but it ends with an excuse for the next combat event > rinse and repeat. It actually reminded me of those gacha games or Mobius, but I think that's specifically the pacing of the first reactor. The characters not ever shutting up for a single minute took a bit away from the ambient, I like the idea of the in-world dialogue but they just can't stay quiet. The sentry guns were a bit annoying. These are all pet peeves.

Other than that, here's what I liked:

It was interesting to see how faithful most of the enemies were even with updated gameplay.

I don't like action rpgs, I'd really have liked to have a turn-based combat, I really didn't like FF15's combat and yet against all odds I really enjoyed the gameplay in the demo. By the time it was over I really wanted to spreadsheet everything and find the optimal strategies and while that would have been pretty easy to do for the demo the mere fact that it already stirred that with just a couple of skills there made me really interested in the possibilities.

I was really surprised at the lasers not being used on the way out. I could swear that was their purpose. "Oh I see, so these are here to make escaping a bit harder". I was really glad that wasn't the case.

I'm okay with Jessie being the character she is, they probably took a bunch of that out of Aeris (or maybe not) so, you know, Jessie is fun in a really stupid way that is fitting.

I think the tone erred on the side of too goofy but I'd much rather have that than it erring on the side of too edgy/brooding. Also, "get help" is the most horrible, Cloud-ish thing to say and I can't believe they did it and it's perfect. Seeing Jessie going rolleyes over Barret's loud speech was a nice touch too.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 27, 2020

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Kith posted:

I'm with you, KH2 especially has very technical character action combat once you get above 'mash x to win' difficulty but tbh I'll take anything action over plodding turn based

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin
Have they released any info about the wild wacky action motorcycle guy? Only thing I've found concerning so far.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Remake X-2 but it's only the awesome battles and literally everything else is removed

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Remake VIII but when you start the game it just wipes your hard drive

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Dell_Zincht posted:

Remake VIII but when you start the game it just wipes your hard drive

isn't this just star citizen

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
At some point EVE Online deleted your boot.ini

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Legin Noslen posted:

Have they released any info about the wild wacky action motorcycle guy? Only thing I've found concerning so far.

yes, they've said he's in SOLDIER

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

cock hero flux posted:

yes, they've said he's in SOLDIER

SOLDIER Third Class too, so you'll probably fight him in Shinra HQ.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

Makes sense that there would be a named SOLDIER hanging around the HQ. Don't see the concern, unless he sprouts wings or talks about dumb apples.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I think I read that new Soldier guy is a huge motorcycle nut that in the outs with Shinra and started his own gang to pop wheelies with.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
You're probably gonna kill him and ride his motorcycle instead of stealing a display model.

edit: or you'll fight him akira style...!?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kith posted:

I just don't see Final Fantasy IX gelling well with that kind of battle system. Like, look at Steiner. I can't see him getting the same kind of air that Sora could.

Zidane and Freya, sure, but everyone else doesn't really seem like that would be their thing.

DeathChicken posted:

Remake X-2 but it's only the awesome battles and literally everything else is removed

X-2 was alright, honestly. The stuff with Paine and her friends was really good.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

X-2 was alright, honestly. The stuff with Paine and her friends was really good.

You can add Brother to your party and set him as a dancer, and it's basically like having the Firestarter guy engage in violent dance-offs for you. Straight up my favourite combat character in any Final Fantasy.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FFX-2 is the greatest Final Fantasy game ever made.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You can add Brother to your party and set him as a dancer, and it's basically like having the Firestarter guy engage in violent dance-offs for you. Straight up my favourite combat character in any Final Fantasy.

I didn't use Brother that much, but man, those animations were 100% over the top. :allears:

I ultimately just wound up getting the cast from X. Aside from Wakka, who was excluded for some weird reason. Then again, these are the X versions of these characters, so maybe he didn't want to take part in some kind of sacrilegious Al Bhed fighting tournament! :argh:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I decided to play X-2 for the first time a few days ago. Is the entire game an anime music video?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

zakharov posted:

I decided to play X-2 for the first time a few days ago. Is the entire game an anime music video?

Yeah it's great

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

zakharov posted:

Not the entire game, alas nothing is perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Nap Ghost

zakharov posted:

Kinda