Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Retro Futurist posted:

Tbh the big thing stopping me from calling him scum is that I think scum have a role cop which is why they killed hum. A role cop having scum team would not do that

Killed him N1 because of a rolecop?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Grandicap posted:

Steak floated a theory earlier in the day that scum must have had a n0 rolecop to hit hum. It's possible but I don't think it's likely, I don't see Hum as such an odd kill that there has to be some other explanation.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Speaking of steak he's been out of the thread for a really long time (for him).

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Grandicap posted:

Yeah sorry that post was a mess, I was holding an ice cream cone and trying to type around it.
I think it makes more sense that they had a role cop n0 and found out hum was the cop, which is why they killed him. Scum doing that and then this weird gambit the next day doesn't add up.
The only reason to do it as a gambit is to make yuming claim a pr and they could just role cop her tonight if that's the case.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Of course it's also possible there was no role cop and they just got lucky, in which case inf could be scum pulling something, which is why I'm not ruling it out yet

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I forgot there was a N0.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Wait, if there was a N0, shouldn't Inf have 2 results?

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I received all the n0 actions I needed, just in case anybody is wondering whether they needed to send one, I would have messaged you for it, so no worries.

...maybe? This seems to imply only some roles got a n0

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

I mean, not having a doc doc n0 makes sense because there no kill, but not having an investigator investigate... I guess it's possible, but this sheds more doubt on Infs claim that I initially had.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

So here is my current tinfoil hat theory about this game. I skimmed over the last two Dark Hospital games and discovered that vote patterns were a major part of the SKs role. In the first two games the SK had an assistant, and the SK could only kill players who were visited by the assistant or who had votes on the assistant when the assistant is lunched. In this game RF called a thunderdome d1.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Inf probably made everything up, but that doesn't say anything about his alignment

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
i've rarely used a n0, but when i did i only gave a few roles n0 actions. i think you're reading way too much into things Grandi, the inf thing will probably take care of itself in time. if inf is alive late game he's probably scum, if he's town scum will probably kill him.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
still catching up from mid page 17, but.... one comment on yuming.

yuming posted:

I did not use a night action last night. :sun:
...followed by refusing to claim whether or not she's vt.

i 100% agree with whoever theorized this is a scum leaving the door open for a future action or what have you.

yes, i understand why all vanilla towns shouldn't claim, and why a single vt should be hesitant to outright claim their role. but, i have a couple issues with yuming's stance here.

1) power roles claim vanilla town. it's not that hard. and that specific type of lie is overwhelmingly accepted by the community. hedging about doing so because you're too scared of getting caught in a lie later is entirely based on scummy motivations.

2) you basically already claimed vt when you said you didn't use an action. the only time a town wouldnt use their action on n1 is if they have limited shots, or some unlikely restriction. in either of those cases, claiming vanilla town is even less of a lie, because you're already vanilla town some/most of the time. so point 1 applies doubly hard.

i dont even know what to make of infi's results, but based solely on yuming's response to questioning, she's scum

##vote yuming

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
c'mon steak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Mr. Steak posted:

still catching up from mid page 17, but.... one comment on yuming.

...followed by refusing to claim whether or not she's vt.

i 100% agree with whoever theorized this is a scum leaving the door open for a future action or what have you.

yes, i understand why all vanilla towns shouldn't claim, and why a single vt should be hesitant to outright claim their role. but, i have a couple issues with yuming's stance here.

1) power roles claim vanilla town. it's not that hard. and that specific type of lie is overwhelmingly accepted by the community. hedging about doing so because you're too scared of getting caught in a lie later is entirely based on scummy motivations.

2) you basically already claimed vt when you said you didn't use an action. the only time a town wouldnt use their action on n1 is if they have limited shots, or some unlikely restriction. in either of those cases, claiming vanilla town is even less of a lie, because you're already vanilla town some/most of the time. so point 1 applies doubly hard.

i dont even know what to make of infi's results, but based solely on yuming's response to questioning, she's scum

##vote yuming

Yeah no. Neither PRs nor VTs should claim to defend themselves from weird poo poo like this D2, and PRs should not pretend to be VT for I don’t even know what the reason would be here.
Regardless of yuming’s role and alignment, she handled that as well as she would have.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Let’s say yuming is a town aligned hider who gets to decide to hide or not (random role I’m tossing out for the sake of explanation, don’t read into it). She claims VT due to inf posting what appears to be nonsense. Fast forward to lylo, she is still alive and claims her role as there was no kill that night. She is killed for lying and town loses.
It’s bad, steak

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And I mean you of all people know that and know whytown shouldn’t lie unless they’re very very good at it.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
What if ... ##vote Grandi

jk jk 😂😂🤣🙈... unless? 😳😳

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

What if ... ##vote Grandi

jk jk 😂😂🤣🙈... unless? 😳😳

What? I mean, I understand why someone would vote me, but what is that stuff at the bottom?

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

What? I mean, I understand why someone would vote me, but what is that stuff at the bottom?

Why would someone vote you Grandi?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Retro Futurist posted:

Let’s say yuming is a town aligned hider who gets to decide to hide or not (random role I’m tossing out for the sake of explanation, don’t read into it). She claims VT due to inf posting what appears to be nonsense. Fast forward to lylo, she is still alive and claims her role as there was no kill that night. She is killed for lying and town loses.
It’s bad, steak

that would be the stupid town's fault. you would blame yuming in that scenario?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
though this is just entirely a matter of meta opinion, so lets just drop it.

leaving aside whether we think it's good play to claim vt when that's a lie, the way yuming continued to hem and haw about it after showing no hesitation to claim "i didnt take an action last night" reads very strange to me. i cant really consolidate her stated opinion on role claiming with the rapid claim of her night activity

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Why would someone vote you Grandi?

I am not going to case myself, but I have not been happy with my play this game.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
and then, to end up claiming regardless after a little pressure just makes me think she isn't being honest about her opinions in that regard

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

though this is just entirely a matter of meta opinion, so lets just drop it.

leaving aside whether we think it's good play to claim vt when that's a lie, the way yuming continued to hem and haw about it after showing no hesitation to claim "i didnt take an action last night" reads very strange to me. i cant really consolidate her stated opinion on role claiming with the rapid claim of her night activity

If you really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want me to vote Yuming case her actual content and not your perception to her claim re: Infi and he bullshit

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

I am not going to case myself, but I have not been happy with my play this game.

Why is that?

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Somberbrero posted:

Why is that?

You got me Somber, it's because I am the scum. drat, dead to rights...

I am not going to case myself.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Mr. Steak posted:

and then, to end up claiming regardless after a little pressure just makes me think she isn't being honest about her opinions in that regard

A little pressure and Inf full claiming both his role and results in a manner that made it pretty obvious to everyone that she was vanilla town. She reads as trying to keep any mystery she can about her role, then finally giving up as she concludes that everyone already knows anyway.

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

If you really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really want me to vote Yuming case her actual content and not your perception to her claim re: Infi and he bullshit

honestly, that's all i've got. just a strong read that i couldnt see her acting that way as town. but if you dont agree, then i'll look into the other cases.

putting my impressions here for the record:

sandwolf town for genuine anger.
rt town for d1 play being too stupid for scum.
grandi town for genuine confusion about the setup

pq leaning town but my main hangup is that if he's scum i'll feel extremely dumb for not listening to humalong.

mithross leaning scum for lack of commitment to casing others

ypm scum for posting a lot of absolutely nothing, while posturing that he's scumhunting sooo much.
hal scum for lurking

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
oh and quid needs to post more. but hes not scum in my list because i think he'd be more active as scum. also iirc he called me out for some valid points

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Grandicap posted:

You got me Somber, it's because I am the scum. drat, dead to rights...

I am not going to case myself.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

oh and quid needs to post more. but hes not scum in my list because i think he'd be more active as scum. also iirc he called me out for some valid points

Quid is in this game??

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Somberbrero posted:

Quid is in this game??

he has 5 posts in d2

(which, to his credit, hes not the only one with that or less)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

honestly, that's all i've got. just a strong read that i couldnt see her acting that way as town. but if you dont agree, then i'll look into the other cases.

putting my impressions here for the record:

sandwolf town for genuine anger.
rt town for d1 play being too stupid for scum.
grandi town for genuine confusion about the setup

pq leaning town but my main hangup is that if he's scum i'll feel extremely dumb for not listening to humalong.

mithross leaning scum for lack of commitment to casing others

ypm scum for posting a lot of absolutely nothing, while posturing that he's scumhunting sooo much.
hal scum for lurking

I meaaaaaaaaaaan that's pretty weak sauce on those scum calls

Mithross has done more legwork than u I think, at least today which is crazy!

I don't get how Ypm is posturing, examples please

A not small percentage of this thread hasn't been super active today... including you!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
the sauce, im telling you, it's weak! we're not talking A1 here, we're taking store brand. sure you buy it sometimes because a1 is like $5 a bottle and you're poor, but no one chooses store brand. i don't eat meat anymore but I have to wonder who are these people out there actually putting sauce on their steak? like... just buy better steak. lovely steak with a1 isn't really better than no steak at all. I put a1 on my eggs AND my hashbrowns though so am I to talk?

Mr. Steak
May 9, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
yeah, i havent been very active this gameday, or very motivated to read back and make cases. thats not a judgement on the game (which i'm enjoying a lot so far) but my general state of being during self-quarantine and being on-and-off sick (i had confirmed contact with covid19 and have testing planned in upcoming days)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mr. Steak posted:

yeah, i havent been very active this gameday, or very motivated to read back and make cases. thats not a judgement on the game (which i'm enjoying a lot so far) but my general state of being during self-quarantine and being on-and-off sick (i had confirmed contact with covid19 and have testing planned in upcoming days)

aw man that sucks, be well!

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Catching up on thread

Thoughts:
- I don't know why YPM is constantly pushing against Sandwolf AFTER he shot the gun. I feel a dayvig, regardless of outcome, puts Sandwolf firmly in 'probably Town' category
- Still don't know why people are on Sandwolfs case. Other than to piss him off and generate white noise content?
- People doubling down on "WELL YOU WROTE A LIST" on Sandwolf is.. like.. dumb?
- Don't like how Somber reads in general.

-------------------------

Current gut reads

- Sandwolf

Neutral
- Everyone not mentioned currently

Dislike
- Somber
- YPM
- RF

Scum
- Yuming
- Pussy

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Not going to stress about lurkers too much, as DBD says they'll be modkilled.

Maybe someone attempting to hang on the peripheries would warrant further investigation tho?

Mr. Steak posted:

Sucks mate.

lovely time for everybody, but I hope you're in a good spot to rest up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Sandwolf, any idea why your gun misfired?