Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lastdancer
Apr 21, 2008
Next time anyone runs into Spider island: if you trap one with holes after aggroing it, none of the other spiders will ever attack. At most they will stand up and hiss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i found an island full of blue and orange hybrid flowers, and stringfish

i took all the blue and some of the orange flowers and only took 2 stringfish

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i found an island full of blue and orange hybrid flowers, and stringfish

i took all the blue and some of the orange flowers and only took 2 stringfish

now you'll never have a guitarfish :(

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Flower breeding question: do they have to be touching or will they breed if they're a space apart? I see guides saying both.

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

Nuebot posted:

Flower breeding question: do they have to be touching or will they breed if they're a space apart? I see guides saying both.

I have had them breed while a space apart in a checkerboard. Idk if that’s most efficient though.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I set my flowers up like
code:
X.X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X.X
hybrids can appear in any of the empty spaces this way.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
KracKiwi, did you just get hosed by someone "minusing" out? Yeesh.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I should get started on breeding hybrid flowers...so how does that work? If I plant a flower, it sprouts, I remove the flower and plant another flower near it, will it create an hybrid or do I have to begin from 0?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Finally got a stringfish! :woop: And a Sturgeon as well. I'm basically set for March aside from some southern hemisphere fish. Managed to get a King Salmon on someone's island though!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Araxxor posted:

Finally got a stringfish! :woop: And a Sturgeon as well. I'm basically set for March aside from some southern hemisphere fish. Managed to get a King Salmon on someone's island though!

If you plan on playing throughout the year, the southern hemisphere fish show up in the north during the opposite season.

Kiwillian
Mar 13, 2004

Poor Sheepy :(
Closed now. Thanks everyone for visiting.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

I finally got my drat sturgeon. I got lucky and picked up a blue Marlin without even looking for it too, been catching clams for bait to catch the other rare ones but honestly I don't even know if I have it in me.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Museum is like 20 times bigger than island itself. Also, considering how miles are awarded for literally everything you do, there is weirdly little for donating

tildes
Nov 16, 2018

IronicDongz posted:

I set my flowers up like
code:
X.X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X.X
X.X.X.X.X
hybrids can appear in any of the empty spaces this way.

So the diagonals work ? Seems like I’m basically wasting every other row then.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

I've seen a few people wondering if pitfall seeds are still in the game and I can confirm they are, Bud just gave me a recipe for them (it's weeds and branches).

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Sekenr posted:

Museum is like 20 times bigger than island itself. Also, considering how miles are awarded for literally everything you do, there is weirdly little for donating

Part of me thinks this is because they figured the flow of donations would be slow and harder to award Nook+ miles for piecemeal, and didn't expect us all to be hunting while quarantined and breaking down Blathers' door on like day 3

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bland posted:

I've seen a few people wondering if pitfall seeds are still in the game and I can confirm they are, Bud just gave me a recipe for them (it's weeds and branches).

yesssssssss

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
I cleared a whole lot in preparation and it turns out you can't move Resident Service building BOOO nintendo where is my refund

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Shoehead posted:

Part of me thinks this is because they figured the flow of donations would be slow and harder to award Nook+ miles for piecemeal, and didn't expect us all to be hunting while quarantined and breaking down Blathers' door on like day 3

i think this also goes at least partially for online. i doubt nintendo ever expected it to be used the way we are using it as much as we are, but oops nobody can go anywhere or do anything so we are all home playing this. i hope the next patch addresses the online.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Are bridges/ramps upgradeable, or do you need to completely remove one before you can put a better one in its place? Asking because I'm just putting down the basic ramps and bridges for now with the intention of putting nicer ones in when I have the bells.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
Protip for anyone who'll have a villager come camping tomorrow:

unlike the ones on random islands, there isn't a conversation option to tell the awful ones to go away. I have no idea if the game'll cycle villagers each day or if you get locked into talking to them, but I feel like that's important to note!

Frankston posted:

Are bridges/ramps upgradeable, or do you need to completely remove one before you can put a better one in its place? Asking because I'm just putting down the basic ramps and bridges for now with the intention of putting nicer ones in when I have the bells.
gotta tear 'em down and start over.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

BrainDance posted:

honestly I don't even know if I have it in me.

Nevermind, game is fun again.

Honestly I really think there might be something weird with where the sturgeon spawns, and it really is only a small part of the river's mouth near the sea. Because this one wasn't easy but it was nothing compared to the torture trying to get the sturgeon was.

At least now I have all of the fish that are disappearing after March, and only 4 left of the other fish that can be caught now.

Does the golden trout really spawn from 4pm to 9am? https://smrvll.com/acnh/index.html says so, but I read another page on the internet that says 4am to 9am. Don't want to burn through my leftover bait if I don't have to.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I'm opening my gates, there's oranges around but tomorrow my full fruit orchard will be back to raid. I'm afk while I do stuff around the house but feel free to poke around.

It's raining, north, and only like 5:30 but if you're bored and want to see the island I'm proud of go ahead :v:
If anyone has any pear or peach furniture they could make that would be great too :shobon:

5XGFQ

Frankston posted:

Gotta tear it down then put it back up tomorrow

Blaziken386 posted:

Protip for anyone who'll have a villager come camping tomorrow:

unlike the ones on random islands, there isn't a conversation option to tell the awful ones to go away. I have no idea if the game'll cycle villagers each day or if you get locked into talking to them, but I feel like that's important to note!

That's your tutorial smug villager. You can't turn him away because he's required for progression and he won't leave your campsite no matter how many days pass. You're stuck with whoever shows up.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I take it I really can't customize pants. Does anyone have any orange pants, preferably as close to looking like Tracer's as possible?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
I can’t react to the turnips post in Discord, I just keep getting a list of who liked it? am I cursed?

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

People keep saying the game forces a smug villager on you with the campsite but I was given Flo, who's an Uchi. She moved in now and I still don't have any smug villagers on my island.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Bland posted:

People keep saying the game forces a smug villager on you with the campsite but I was given Flo, who's an Uchi. She moved in now and I still don't have any smug villagers on my island.

I might be wrong then, a handful of my friends told me that they were getting Smug villagers and I got Tex who was one too so just assumed that was the case given your first 5 are personality locked too.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Shoehead posted:

I think it's because they knew people would time travel. There are people posting on reddit who have the museum 100% complete already apparently.

Anyway, if anyone knows: is there any way to make tools less lame? It's really weird they let you customize tools but they all have the durability of wet toilet paper.

EZgrease
Oct 21, 2004

Bland posted:

Not exactly the same, but I found out by accident you can pole vault over a river into a hole to pitfall yourself :eek:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

teen witch posted:

I can’t react to the turnips post in Discord, I just keep getting a list of who liked it? am I cursed?
I can't either. So it's not just you that's cursed.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'm opening my gates, there's oranges around but tomorrow my full fruit orchard will be back to raid. I'm afk while I do stuff around the house but feel free to poke around.

It's raining, north, and only like 5:30 but if you're bored and want to see the island I'm proud of go ahead :v:
If anyone has any pear or peach furniture they could make that would be great too :shobon:

5XGFQ

That's your tutorial smug villager. You can't turn him away because he's required for progression and he won't leave your campsite no matter how many days pass. You're stuck with whoever shows up.

came over to get some ideas for my island, left with two more stringfish lmao

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If I want to replace the default bridge you have to make with a different style, do I have to demolish it and then pay the full amount for a different one, or is there a way to change it for a smaller amount? Already got a different one going today so can’t check with Nook

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
Has anyone seen a Torii Gate/Shrine Gate type item? Or some cool looking eastern totems or something similar I could make a gate out of?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Tear down the bridge

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

came over to get some ideas for my island, left with two more stringfish lmao

If it's like older games you tend to see rarer fish when it's raining so that's a nice boon if it holds up :v:

nerd_of_prey
Mar 27, 2010
Edit: internet connection issues will try ag!in later!

Why is wood the rarest type of wood!!!

nerd_of_prey fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Mar 28, 2020

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

5XGFQ

Gonna throw some pear furniture at you.
Do you mind if I steal some fruit?

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Bland posted:

That's odd, do you already have an Uchi villager? It seems everyone starts with an Uchi and Jock villager. (Seems fitting, since they're both the most outdoorsy types who'd be willing to rough it in tents on an island with minimal facilities)

Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't set in stone, but there's just a likely order that villager types move in.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Brick Shipment posted:

Gonna throw some pear furniture at you.
Do you mind if I steal some fruit?

Just walked back into my room for a minute and saw the pear furniture so thanks for that! And yeah go crazy, tomorrow assuming I open back up should have every fruit available.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Ghost Leviathan posted:

That's odd, do you already have an Uchi villager? It seems everyone starts with an Uchi and Jock villager. (Seems fitting, since they're both the most outdoorsy types who'd be willing to rough it in tents on an island with minimal facilities)

Wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't set in stone, but there's just a likely order that villager types move in.

I did indeed start with an uchi and jock like everyone else. Then I got normal, peppy and lazy. Then I opened the campsite and got Flo. It definitely seems like most people get a smug villager so I'm puzzled as to why I didn't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Just walked back into my room for a minute and saw the pear furniture so thanks for that! And yeah go crazy, tomorrow assuming I open back up should have every fruit available.

Thanks mate! Dragging a few cherries and some caught fish (including an oarfish) back to the southern hemisphere.