Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
my local supermarket has stopped their pickup service cause it was getting overwhelmed. it would be cool if they closed the actual stores to customers and then did pickup only.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Shaggar posted:

my local supermarket has stopped their pickup service cause it was getting overwhelmed. it would be cool if they closed the actual stores to customers and then did pickup only.

whoa that would be way way better but i could see it getting tough is denser areas, maybe an order in advance the night before queue? im not sure how those work regularly

the lean bean machine keeps pressing. made a big press 8 cup on sunday with reduced bean and more steep and it was appreciable. my local shop sent out a list of their sanitization steps, so i might grab a few more bags in a few days

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
typically before this all started you needed to order 12-24 hours in advance. when the outbreak hit it went to like 1 week out to book a reservation.

however, that's kind of designed for 1 or 2 people coming off the inside lines to handle 1 or 2 cars at a time. if they were to close the entire store and then dedicate all staff to pickup they could get way more throughput. they could turn the lot into pickup lanes and have someone sit out front to direct people into the right lane based on reservation. wouldn't be too hard.

the hardest part would be dealing with boomers whining that they shouldn't need a reservation and they just need to go inside for a few things so they should get an exception.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
this is Hannaford which is a chain up here, btw, not some like small grocer or something.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

prior earl grey coffee

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
I bought a big jar of mexican instant coffee from the groceria the other day and i'm not saying i'm quitting fresh beans, but this poo poo is loving good

i throw a shake of cocoa powder and a splash of milk in, and it's like i get dessert for breakfast but it also wakes me up

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Shaggar posted:

this is Hannaford which is a chain up here, btw, not some like small grocer or something.

the preferred term is "obelisk market"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Jonny 290 posted:

I bought a big jar of mexican instant coffee from the groceria the other day and i'm not saying i'm quitting fresh beans, but this poo poo is loving good

i throw a shake of cocoa powder and a splash of milk in, and it's like i get dessert for breakfast but it also wakes me up

what brand

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
foljers

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
cafe BUST ello

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
good guy local roaster, free coff ee shipping

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

theadder posted:

prior earl grey coffee

what does this mean

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
two cups this morning ☕️

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

bump_fn posted:

what does this mean

it means I'm too lazy to probe them every time they obliquely mention tea

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/el-mexicano-traditional-instant-coffee/1347275

psiox
Oct 15, 2001

Babylon 5 Street Team

Rooney McNibnug posted:

cafe BUST ello

bustelo makes me feel good

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Captain Foo posted:

it means I'm too lazy to probe them every time they obliquely mention tea

i appreciate ur candor :patriot:

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
just had my first sip of coffee in ~five days. wow, this is really good :yum:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
amarula with my beans

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Podima posted:

amarula with my beans

hell yeah

i have iced coffee

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
drinking coffee in bed

the cat is laying nearby

can see bright blue sky through the window

feels good

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
update - I got up to top off my coffee and the cat stole my spot :mad:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

wtf how has it taken 36 years to get round to making cold brew this is the best

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
i only really do cold brew during the day. I still like hot coffee in the morning like i am drinking right now

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Shaggar posted:

I still like hot coffee in the morning

starting your day with san andreas mods? i salute you true gamer.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
cold brew uses very little bean compared to hot brew

drink cold brew in these tumultuous times to conserve your bean stash

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

ive been doing a half strength with a press but now that you mention it im switching to cold brew and for mornings i can heat some water and do it americano style

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

today i made a full strength cup and i was missing those full beans so ill try this to see if i can find a better balance

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

cold brew may use less bean but otoh it’s so drat good you drink the whole pitcher

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
its still a bit too chilly around here to make cold brew for us

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

woah I alway thought cold brew used a lot more bean??? the recipe I used did

share your wisdom

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

woah I alway thought cold brew used a lot more bean??? the recipe I used did

share your wisdom

nooooo
like per ounce of water for the initial brew you use WAY more yes

but

oh my god yall arent drinking cold brew straight right

like you are supposed to dilute it 4:1 after you brew it

you will DIE just pouring cups of straight up cold brew on ice with a splash of milk

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

Jonny 290 posted:

nooooo
like per ounce of water for the initial brew you use WAY more yes

but

oh my god yall arent drinking cold brew straight right

like you are supposed to dilute it 4:1 after you brew it

you will DIE just pouring cups of straight up cold brew on ice with a splash of milk

no I don’t dilute it, just add some oat milk and go

yes, it’s loving fire

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
for your heart's sake, stop doing that lmao

Yeah my recipe is like 0.8 gallons of water (open up a new gallon and fill teh cat bowl to make room) and 1 lb of ground coffee (i use bustelo). fridge for 24h. carefully pour off the like top 70% of the liquid - it's not worth it to gently caress with the last 20-30% of sludge - and then filter through my french press plunger. you get about a half gallon of end product and that should be lasting you drat near a month

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

the only time i made cold brew i think i used half a pound of beans to...3L water and it lasted about a week?

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
yall gonna fucken die lol dont do that

cold brew dodges the vast majority of the bitterness that we traditionally associate with 'strong coffee' but brews out 100% of the caffeine, so it's easy to get yourself into a very dangerous, twitchy spot

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

i watered it down duh

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I wouldnt water it down per se but would dump it on a ton of ice to take to work after having a watered down cup at home, so by the time i drank any it was reaching strong, but not jolt, coffee level

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

i dug through and found my old ball jars from pasta sauce so thatll be tomorrows coffee prep plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

I ascended to a new state of consciousness